Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

The Kura Kage shaft is much lower trajectory than my other drivers, especially the Project X graphite shaft. It's not the head, it's the shaft.

I have mine set on the 12.5* setting to get a flight path similar to me 10.5* Project X 5.0 shafted driver.

I can only speak for the Covert Tour, but the head can alter ball flight and spin. Very much so.

I'll also add that I tested both with the same shaft set up. B Asha 4s.

The Kura Kage shaft is much lower trajectory than my other drivers, especially the Project X graphite shaft. It's not the head, it's the shaft.

I have mine set on the 12.5* setting to get a flight path similar to me 10.5* Project X 5.0 shafted driver.

Would that shaft fit the Amp Cell. Sorry if thats a dumb question but i have never swapped out shafts before. Always played the stock shafts.

Would that shaft fit the Amp Cell. Sorry if thats a dumb question but i have never swapped out shafts before. Always played the stock shafts.

With the right adapter, yes.

Keep in mind, there are now 4 different Kuro Kage shafts.

I'll also add that I tested both with the same shaft set up. B Asha 4s.

What where the differences in flight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ended up getting The Covert, I did not go with the Tour. This is my first driver, that is not a tour model. I thought, they felt pretty similar overall and the non tour was getting more distance. I figured, I can be a little less consistent and still get that distance. Who knows, I could be totally wrong. Loved the feel of it though..

What surprised me even more was I was hitting the Covert 5 wood longer then the TM RockerBallz 3 wood I have had in the bag for the last 2 seasons, and they marketed it being the longest 3 wood...

I fell in love with the Covert 5 wood, I think this will really help me on the longer par 3's that I can't reach with my 5 iron or 4 Hybrid.

Nike Covert Driver

Nike Covert Driver

I know the 2 is coming out but I just hit this and it might kick the amp cell out of my bag. It may be shaft related but I reduced spin and launch and contact seemed more robust.

I am interested to hear other's thoughts.

I know the 2 is coming out but I just hit this and it might kick the amp cell out of my bag. It may be shaft related but I reduced spin and launch and contact seemed more robust.

I merged your thread with the original Covert thread since there is so much great feedback in here. Hopefully more people can add their thoughts.

I merged your thread with the original Covert thread since there is so much great feedback in here. Hopefully more people can add their thoughts.

Awesome. I search but couldn't find this thread.

that is the move I made. I went from AMP Cell to Covert. The lower spin helped me because I generate enough on my own. The stock shaft on the Covert worked for me too, but I did swap it out for a b asha.

Local simulator place ran a special last night with half off prices so nerfny and I made a date out of it. Brought both the amp cell and covert driver. While warming up on the range I decided to hit them aside by side to see exactly what differences I was seeing. Taking 7 swings with each and eliminating both the high and low balls I was still in overage 18 yards longer in carry distance. That's a huge number. My launch was lower and so was spin. In fact the best drive I hit with the AMP Cell only beat 2 of the 7 hit with the covert. I was somewhat stunned by that.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Local simulator place ran a special last night with half off prices so nerfny and I made a date out of it. Brought both the amp cell and covert driver. While warming up on the range I decided to hit them aside by side to see exactly what differences I was seeing. Taking 7 swings with each and eliminating both the high and low balls I was still in overage 18 yards longer in carry distance. That's a huge number. My launch was lower and so was spin. In fact the best drive I hit with the AMP Cell only beat 2 of the 7 hit with the covert. I was somewhat stunned by that.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Wow, that is quite the difference. What setting and what shaft did you have in the Cell?

Wow, that is quite the difference. What setting and what shaft did you have in the Cell?

Had the covert at 11.5 open. Did this with the cobra at 9.5. Messed with some settings before doing this had to head. Same loft on amp cell heavily favored the Nike.

I was all ready to jump off the amp cell and then had my best driving day ever. May have to do a side to side with the covert but I do like what I see.

i had first course time with the 1.0 i picked it up on the cheep at the end of last year, its the performance model with KK x stiff shaft. it was about 45 degrees and most balls were plugging in the fairway the only thing good is you can judge carry distance.

i hit 5/7 what i would say good drives some didnt end up in the fairway due to where i was aiming but thats not the drivers fault. i have it set at 12 degrees carry distances on the good drives were 250-260 and 290 only one of these on a par five quite a bit downhill. the ones not hit in the middle were carrying about 230. pretty excited to see what i can do with this with more familiarity and warmer weather.

Back