Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Here are the just released video & images of the new Nike VRS Covert driver.

Nike-VRS-Covert-Performance-Driver_640.jpg

Nike-VR_S-Covert-Tour_640.jpg

Well... it's certainly interesting.
The cavity back looks god awful in the video and pictures - i hope it looks better in real life. Are there details on how they (presumably) redistributed the weight and such?

Red? Is that red? Really? I don't get this at all. Nothing ''covert'' about it.

Well... it's certainly interesting.
The cavity back looks god awful in the video and pictures - i hope it looks better in real life. Are there details on how they (presumably) redistributed the weight and such?

I can't embed the video, but there is a really good 3 1/2 minute long video with a Nike rep here showing exactly what they did in the creation of this driver: http://www.golf.com/equipment/nike-vrs-covert-drivers-best-golf-drivers-reviews-clubtest-results#

hmmm..I want to know how it sounds actually..

Interesting club design. Not sure I like it at first look, would need to see how it feels and works.

The bottom is well....interesting. I was on the right track with that Triangle thing I guess. Haha

This reminds me of the Callaway C shaped driver that was approved on the conforming list a while ago.

thats wild

Yeah, that cavity design is definitely radical...not sure how "Covert" this driver actually is with the bold color...will be looking forward to seeing if this finds itself into the hands of a THP staffer to test.

Not sure how I feel about this one. That is a huge cavity in the back.

I wonder what it sounds like at contact.

I like this a lot more than the photos from earlier today! Nice lookin driver!

Nothing about this makes me want to hit it. However, if I did, and it worked, the bottom wouldn't have any effect on me gaming it.

The Nike swoosh on the top of the head looks awesome. Its the first thing I noticed. Dont know why but I really like the look of it.

Cool video, looking forward to seeing how it swings. Wondering how the sound is compared to their previous offerings.

Details and specs added to the home page.

Give Nike credit - they are certainly trying something different.

I don't get the name at all. Will sales be so low that these will be covert in stores? And that dang swoosh on the crown! I like the red, it's different, but there's still a bunch of questions.

Do we know anything about it other than the color?

I don't get the name at all. Will sales be so low that these will be covert in stores? And that dang swoosh on the crown! I like the red, it's different, but there's still a bunch of questions.

Do we know anything about it other than the color?

Specs have been added to the homepage, SW. Look up. :alien:

Hmmm, not sure about this one. Red is a little different, but not sure I like the looks. I definitely don't like the name.

John Deere Tap'n

The more I look at it, the more I like it. I've never liked any drivers/woods/hybirds Nike was ever offered so I'm intrigued to say the least.

The back cavity area is interesting. I wonder how that effects the sound. For reason I look at this and think it will sound like a tin can.

On the other hand I want to hear more about this new adapter. It looked interesting in the quick video.

Back