Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

10.5 and 11.5 so far.... Will keep at it a while... Headed to Edwin Watts with both now to get some numbers... 3 hr drive but wth......

Anybody surprised that after I drove two hrs to get number off of a monitor, that it was down?
I wound up going to a range instead and comparing old/new drivers head to head...

Can I make this really short by saying this? If you try a Covert, just go ahead and lock in the 12.5 loft... Don't know why, don't know how, but two hours ago I was thinking that maybe I wasted my money (Covert/KK silver X) then I went up to 12.5...

Totally different club! Carrying 260+ with a three to five yd fade. Yeah, I can play this... Again, thanks to Blu!

Hmm...maybe I'll have to do that! I'd worry about my launch being too high though I think!

Hmm...maybe I'll have to do that! I'd worry about my launch being too high though I think!

Not even brother. Especially with the tour. Bump that loft up!

Wasn't a huge fan of the numbers I was seeing personally, but wow, does this thing ever sound loud and angry on contact!!!!!

That's the sound of work getting done.

Not even brother. Especially with the tour. Bump that loft up!
What flex are you playing in yours? I bumped it to 10.5 on the monitor and it wasn't as good as the 9.5. Doesn't increasing loft open the face, too?

What flex are you playing in yours? I bumped it to 10.5 on the monitor and it wasn't as good as the 9.5. Doesn't increasing loft open the face, too?

KK silver 60 stiff.

In the Covert line, adding or subtracting loft does not alter face angle.

KK silver 60 stiff.

In the Covert line, adding or subtracting loft does not alter face angle.
Same setup I'll have. I was hitting the 9.5 between 12.5*-14* launch angle, but when I get it I'll try 12.5* and see what kind of results I get.

Was able to swing this today and was impressed in the feel of the head as well as the kk shaft. Not the best numbers of the group for me but was one of the best feeling. Was never really in my radar ( other than the commercials on every 2 mins) but left today impressed.

Fell in love with this driver all over again today. Haha. I was the only one though.

Same setup I'll have. I was hitting the 9.5 between 12.5*-14* launch angle, but when I get it I'll try 12.5* and see what kind of results I get.

Interesting. My launch is around 12* with my high loft. I'm interested where it goes for you.

Fell in love with this driver all over again today. Haha. I was the only one though.
Dan needs to get off his high horse.
Interesting. My launch is around 12* with my high loft. I'm interested where it goes for you.
Me too. I'll be keeping an eye on it! Either way, can't wait to get mine. I'm hoping setting it to "Left" will keep me from blocking shots to the right.

Me too. I'll be keeping an eye on it! Either way, can't wait to get mine. I'm hoping setting it to "Left" will keep me from blocking shots to the right.

Mine is "right". So I don't duck hook one.

Mine is "right". So I don't duck hook one.
I don't usually duck hook with the S shaft, but I also struggle to hit the draw consistently with it. That's what I need to work on this summer.

Hahaha! He was in full Cleveland mode today, which you can't blame him for that!
Between that and Bridgestone, I don't know who he roots for more.

Dan needs to get off his high horse.

I'm sad Nike didn't put my drives on the high horse.

At 12.5, the Covert sure seems to match the 13.5-14 degree launch I'm used to with the Vrs 10 5... just sayin'... :banana:

At 12.5, the Covert sure seems to match the 13.5-14 degree launch I'm used to with the Vrs 10 5... just sayin'... :banana:
I'll just have to hit it. Maybe it won't bump my launch numbers as high as I'm thinking.

I'll just have to hit it. Maybe it won't bump my launch numbers as high as I'm thinking.

And if it does, just dial it back down. No risk involved.

And if it does, just dial it back down. No risk involved.
Literally what I planned on replying to you haha. Almost word for word.

Back