Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

I had the Mashie hybrid iron set so they weren't the genuine Mashie's with the Myizaki shafts and the offset in them was huge compared to the genuine Mashie's you buy individually. Sorry I didn't clarify that.
No that makes sense, I tend to hook the ball as my miss so I was just prepping myself for these, I really want to test them on an outdoor range!

So I didn't even get to try that shot I was talking about today. The hole is a dog leg left and to the left is nothing but woods, so if you miss the fairway you're screwed. I had been thinking about doing it for the last few times I'd played but today I got the balls up and did it, I looked at my girlfriend and said I'm gonna cut the corner and whaddya know I pulled it off! Cut about 20 yards off my shot and left me with a 5 iron to the green and of course proceeded to duff it and double bogey, story of my life,lol

I hit the Amp Cell fairway today set at 3. I really, really liked it. In fact the more I think about it, it was great!

I bought the Xhot because it was just crazy good and we got a long very well. However, I would put the Amp cell at a close second, ahead of the Covert and RBZ Stage 2 that I hit

Also, I love the way the amp cell looks at address. I think they designed that club very well. It's quite a beauty and performs well too!

I hit the Amp Cell fairway today set at 3. I really, really liked it. In fact the more I think about it, it was great!

I bought the Xhot because it was just crazy good and we got a long very well. However, I would put the Amp cell at a close second, ahead of the Covert and RBZ Stage 2 that I hit

Also, I love the way the amp cell looks at address. I think they designed that club very well. It's quite a beauty and performs well too!
Performance and beauty, that's an amazing combo!!!

I loved the look of the AMP Cell FW but the face was just a bit to deep for me to hit off the deck. My decision came down to my Nickent and the XHot, it gave me some really good numbers but I ended up with the Nickent because it was easier for me to handle off the deck and $80 cheaper. Also turned out to be a great driver back up. The Cobra baffler Fairway's were also in the running, I couldn't quite get the distance out of it I wanted but man was it easy to hit. The Baffler line of products is really under rated in my opinion. I think it just gets overshadowed because of how great the AMP/AMP Cell lines have been. All you Cobra/Puma Morgan Cup guys should give the Baffler line a swing before you make your final decisions on your bags!

I haven't got the possibility to hit a AMP Cell 3-wood, just been staring at some RH clubs in the shops...I love the looks, and I'm sure I won't get disappointed with the performance!

I'm still trying to decide on either 3/4 FW, 5/7 FW and 4/5 hybrid or 3/4 FW, 3/4 hybrid and 4/5 hybrid.

I guess the decision comes down to 5/7 FW or 3/4 hybrid!!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the pros and cons between each!!! I know I've been down this road before, I understand the FW might be a bit longer, but what about versatility comparing the both?

I'm still trying to decide on either 3/4 FW, 5/7 FW and 4/5 hybrid or 3/4 FW, 3/4 hybrid and 4/5 hybrid.

I guess the decision comes down to 5/7 FW or 3/4 hybrid!!!

Anyone have any thoughts on the pros and cons between each!!! I know I've been down this road before, I understand the FW might be a bit longer, but what about versatility comparing the both?

I think it more depends on your gaps than versatility. The distances might be alittle off. I could be wrong though.

I think it more depends on your gaps than versatility. The distances might be alittle off. I could be wrong though.

That makes sense. I know it's a bit of a bag setup question. But I'm also thinking how the cell FW would perform compared to the cell hybo. Hopefully I'll get to hit them all outside this month!

Siri speaks for me!

That makes sense. I know it's a bit of a bag setup question. But I'm also thinking how the cell FW would perform compared to the cell hybo. Hopefully I'll get to hit them all outside this month!

Siri speaks for me!

If I was in your situation, I would ask myself which do I hit better? If the gaps are close, I wouldn't worry so much about that, BUT some people hit FW's better than hybos or vice versa. I prefer FW's personally, but if I had the choice would play 2 FW's and 1 hybo. I probably will only go with one of each because of how adjustable it is. Today that is. I will change my mind in 10 minutes.

If I was in your situation, I would ask myself which do I hit better? If the gaps are close, I wouldn't worry so much about that, BUT some people hit FW's better than hybos or vice versa. I prefer FW's personally, but if I had the choice would play 2 FW's and 1 hybo. I probably will only go with one of each because of how adjustable it is. Today that is. I will change my mind in 10 minutes.

Thanks for the insight. I've changed my mind every 5 minutes it seems!!! The local cobra rep has offered to do some range testing with me and has gotten in most of his demo stuff so hopefully we can schedule that in the next couple weeks.

Siri speaks for me!

Thanks for the insight. I've changed my mind every 5 minutes it seems!!! The local cobra rep has offered to do some range testing with me and has gotten in most of his demo stuff so hopefully we can schedule that in the next couple weeks.

Siri speaks for me!

oh man. There is your answer right there. Hit EVERYTHING and take notes!

Siri speaks for me!

Should be great having the local Cobra rep help get you squared away.

Should be great having the local Cobra rep help get you squared away.

Yeah. He is newer to cobra so he doesn't have the experience. But he's been a member of the PGA for like 30 years and has a Tom of knowledge. I introduced myself at a demo day and told him about the Morgan cup and he was more than happy to help. He has a velocity monitor we can use as well. And if the regional cobra rep is around he has a track man. I can't wait for it to warm up and figure it all out!

Siri speaks for me!

These clubs continue to fly under the radar! The X Hots are legit, but so is their marketing. Looks like the only way people will even try the Amp Cell line is if someone reads this thread!

Yeah. He is newer to cobra so he doesn't have the experience. But he's been a member of the PGA for like 30 years and has a Tom of knowledge. I introduced myself at a demo day and told him about the Morgan cup and he was more than happy to help. He has a velocity monitor we can use as well. And if the regional cobra rep is around he has a track man. I can't wait for it to warm up and figure it all out!

Siri speaks for me!

This is awesome by the way. I hope there is a local guy around me hahaha

This is awesome by the way. I hope there is a local guy around me hahaha
I asked my local pro who is regional cobra rep was for his shop and got his contact info. They were more than helpful to lend a hand!

The AMP Cell 3 wood is in the bag. Bought it yesterday. Hit it on the flightscope and it was love on first sight :D Easy 200mtrs (no warm-up)
Got the Hot Red one ;)
Further specs: stock Fuel shaft regular (ss 90-91 mph)
Will use it as a fairwaywood (ofcourse), but also as an easy to hit driver, as I don't carry one. Have to figure out if the 3+ (13 degrees) setting will work out on both for me.

I play a about a 65-66 gram driver, I'm thinking 70+ gram 3 wood, but is a 75 gram hybrid shaft too light? I've never gone deep on hybrid shafts, and I'm quite lost when I think about it...

Bad News: Didn't get the Amp Cell Fairway. Just not for me.

Good News: I can't see myself not getting the Amp Cell Hybrid.

Medium News: Can't decide: Blue or Orange?

That's ok dude! I still want to hear your feedback from the hybo when you get that!

Medium News: Can't decide: Blue or Orange?

You coming down for the CT outing?

I play a about a 65-66 gram driver, I'm thinking 70+ gram 3 wood, but is a 75 gram hybrid shaft too light? I've never gone deep on hybrid shafts, and I'm quite lost when I think about it...

I like 65-70 in the driver, 75-80 in the fairway, and 85-90 in my hybrids. If I get much lighter than that with the hybrids it feels too different from my iron shafts and can throw me off. I am thinking of maybe even matching my hybrid and irons by throwing some KBS shafts in all of them but not sure at this point.

You coming down for the CT outing?

Wanted to, but my brother is checking out colleges so I can't get a ride. Looking to see which one I could make. Trying to make it to the Philly one.

Back