Odyssey White Hot Pro Putters - V-Line - THP Review

That one really doesn't do it for me. Is be interested in other shapes.

The cool thing about the line is that they have 16 different shapes (I think), all at a pretty reasonable price.

That's awesome. I like that there are so many choices in the odyssey line

Ive been rolling this putter for a about 2 weeks now! Amazed at the ease of alignment and its soft feel. Others have said its is the same insert in the versa but ive rolled the versa and the v line side by side and there was no question the v line felt softer to me.

Tapping away on my S3

I'm really looking forward to checking some of these bad boys out!

Sharp looking putter, reminds me of my ghost manta (which I love!), I'll check back to hear our thoughts. Good luck captain hawk

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

It does look like the Manta! I am really bonding with it however another putter similar with the same soft feel would be cool :D. Maybe try a different style too as they have so many options.

I am looking forward to following along with your thoughts Hawk, personally I like the looks of the mallet head on this one.

Now that this putter has its own thread. Here is the link to some initial thoughts of mine I posted back in the WHP general thread

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...=2027691 Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Preview

Tapping away on my S3

Thanks DawgDaddy. I agree - for a larger mallet, it's pretty sharp looking.

Thanks X.Man. I quoted it and will paste it here.

Now that this putter has its own thread. Here is the link to some initial thoughts of mine I posted back in the WHP general thread

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2027691
Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Preview

Tapping away on my S3

I wanted to give some initial thoughts to the White Hot Pro Line. I want to preface this by saying I had absolutely zero intentions of buying a putter yesterday. I went in to hit the Classic XL custom. While I was waiting for a bay to open up I headed to the putting green. I rolled all the new putters available (PING TR, White Hot Pro, Versa, white ice, Yes! i4...you name it I rolled out).

With the above bieng said I really like the alignment aid of the PING TR Carefree but wasnt sold on the feel of the insert. I narrowed it down to the Versa 2ball (black insert) and the White Hot Pro. The consistent feel off the face was just too obvious to me. I liked the Versa 2ball but preferred the white hot pro insert and is why I spent most of the time swapping out between the #7 and the VLine, although I tried them all. I didnt notice it until Mercer mentioned it in the above post but now that I think about it, the #7 in this line did seem much bigger than the MX#7 and the Versa #7.

AsI narrowed it down further I gravitated towards the Vline. I already was liking the feel of the insert (I'll get to that later) but the head shape was something that suited my eye well and a head shape not commonly seen. It reminded me strongly of the Scotty GoLo but with more ponited edges. The 3 line alignment aid was also very helpful. I recently picked up a Manta to try out and with the VLine having a slightly smaller head, I felt very comfortable.

I asked for some help to get fitted. Until now I had always played 34-35" putters. It was eye opening to me when I stood over the alignment mirror with a 33", 34" and 35" putter lengths. With my longer arms and neutral setup My eyes setup perfectly over center with a 33". I proceeded with the 33" and rolled lights out (as everyone always does inside on the practice putting greens at stores :D)

So now onto feel. This along with the headshape was what had me sold. I never spent time with the original white hot insert but I have spent time with a lot of other inserts (MX, white ice, TM pure roll and others). When compared to the black insert in the Versa 2ball this one felt very similiar but was a touch softer at impact. I also had better feedback with this putter when I struck the ball out on the toe than when I did the same with the Versa or white ice. The consistent feel putt after putt was evident. Regardless of putts hit on the toe or heel the same feel was there and the feedback provided was enough so that I immediately knew where in the face I had hit each putt. The grip is also fantastic. Ill probably be pulling it and putting on a SS mid 2.0 but this is by far the best midsize putter grip I have seen or felt in a stock offering from Odyssey. Right up there with the new PING TR midsize putter grip. Overall I was EXTREMELY surprised by the feel if this putter in the store and I just had to have one. Thats saying a lot because im quite the golf store Ho and am always rolling putters on store greens and this is the first putter to date that I walked out with the very 1st time rolling it.

Ive posted some pics already but here is a few more

Tapping away on my S3

Thanks Hawk. Looking forward to your thoughts as well. Im really happy with the putter so far.

Tapping away on my S3

It sounds like you're a big fan so far. I'd say that if you are an White Hot insert fan, this one is right up there. Having used them quite a bit in the past, it was easy to get comfortable with it. I definitely think the balance is good for a big headed putter like this. Not clunky in any way.

Great looking putter...the grip is BLAH!!!

I would love a CS version of the putter in the OP

I think I'd like that a little better for my personal preference as well.

Great looking putter...the grip is BLAH!!!

I have a similar one that I bought aftermarket a year ago. Pretty firm and an aggressive feeling grip pattern. I'll probably stick a Winn on there one of these days.

Hawk, is this a full shaft offset? Didnt see anything about that on the Odyssey website.

Hawk, is this a full shaft offset? Didnt see anything about that on the Odyssey website.

I'll double check tonight, but I think it's a double-bend/half shaft like the Rossie. Don't hold me to that though.

I think I'd like that a little better for my personal preference as well.

I have a similar one that I bought aftermarket a year ago. Pretty firm and an aggressive feeling grip pattern. I'll probably stick a Winn on there one of these days.
Yeah, they came stock on the last line as well. and it got cut off rather quickly.
Slim Stroke to the rescue :D!
thats the truth!

I saw it at a UK online retail for 109. Not sure if that's a good deal in your area or not, but here's a link.

http://www.golfsupport.co.uk/p-odyssey_white_hot_pro_v-line_putters-(12415).aspx

Cheers Hawk, I didn't see your reply earlier

Unfortunately, they are a couple hours away so a 4 hour round trip just to look at a putter is a bit far me thinks..... I will have to check and see if my local place is getting any in to try, or if the fitter I am going to get in touch with has any

I tried these today and really like the #2 (it was heavvvyyyy) and also the dart mini. Insert felt really nice too.

Cheers Hawk, I didn't see your reply earlier

Unfortunately, they are a couple hours away so a 4 hour round trip just to look at a putter is a bit far me thinks..... I will have to check and see if my local place is getting any in to try, or if the fitter I am going to get in touch with has any

No problem! I bet you'll see them all over pretty soon. Is that a good price for your area? I know that they are pretty competively priced for the US.

I rolled this one again for awhile last night. Still of the belief that it would be tough to pick it out among other White Hot inserts if I was blindfolded. Again, I think that's a good thing though. It's a solid insert that has years of tour credibility behind it. One thing that I do particularly like is the finish. Kind of a smokey gray look that should eliminate any potential glare issues.

I had 33 putts yesterday with the V Line. Wasn't terribly happy with that number, but greens were spotty at best and it's been awhile since I've rolled on grass. Never made anything with much length to it, but generally stayed near the hole. Did pretty well inside 7 feet. Only blew one by, which was a mental lapse. The insert certainly gets much quieter outdoors. Lines up nicely with the three lines.

I will have to have a look around but to be honest, most putters from the likes of Odyssey, Taylormade etc tend to be at least £100 so quite a bit more than what I am currently using

I had 33 putts yesterday with the V Line. Wasn't terribly happy with that number, but greens were spotty at best and it's been awhile since I've rolled on grass. Never made anything with much length to it, but generally stayed near the hole. Did pretty well inside 7 feet. Only blew one by, which was a mental lapse. The insert certainly gets much quieter outdoors. Lines up nicely with the three lines.

Played 9 on Friday and thought the same thing. The alignment aid on this one is very nice and easy to setup

Tapping away on my S3

Back