Anyone Use Regular Flex Shafts Anymore?

Regular flex shafts in all of my clubs with the exception of my driver which is a stiff shaft.

Now I'm wondering how many people are using stiff shafts simply to help correct swing flaws. I know if I use a stiff in my driver I hit it straighter but lose a lot of distance. I have friends that have a slower swing speed than mine that use a stiff driver for just that reason, though they don't realize it. They just know they hit more fairways with it.

Regular flex shafts in all of my clubs with the exception of my driver which is a stiff shaft.

Same here, with exception to Miura 52* w/stiff KBS shaft.

I've been looking at a lot of shaft company sites these last few days. I like that some companies now offer a firm or R+, Reg-Stiff options. I'm a guy who is always right between. I usually go with stiff shafts for my irons and I don't think that's really ever hurt me. However I'm thinking of going with an offering that gives me what I mentioned above. I also noticed at on the Aldila shaft site they say their Regular shafts are recommended for SS between 90-100.

I am the exact opposite. Regular shaft in the driver, stiff in everything else.

I'm kind of in the middle. Stiff soft stepped in my irons.

I remember when I first started playing I used to always want a stiff flex because I thought it was the cool thing to have in clubs. Well needless to say when I first started playing, on my downswing I looked like I was going to throw my body with the club out in front of me! I didn't know how to use my hips and it wasn't good.
I have images of the black guys swing on the Medicus Power Meter commercial.

Regular flex in all my clubs (except for wedges...which seem to just be 'wedge flex').

Someday I'll get fitted to see if they are the correct choice. When I have received lessons, I've never been recommended to try a different shaft flex.

My problem is, when i started golfing last year I had no idea. So I went to a golf store, and he looked at my swing. Put a little device in my shaft, said swing 3 times in the air. And told me I was stiff. After being part of THP and learning lots about the game I realize there is no way in hell that I a stiff and I feel he kinda robbed me of a false little "fitting"

I really think I could get more distance and feel playing a regular flex iron, as I also have back issues that slows my swing down at times.

I love my R11's but i plan on switching to R in my irons when i find some KBS or I can buy some :/

I don't mean this in a bad way, but that's a bit of a dumb question. Of course people still play R flex. I'd day the majority of golfers fit into that profile best. Lots of guys on here are younger and have higher SSs hence the stiff shafts pop up more often in the Marketplace.

THPing on Tapatalk

I'm thinking of switching to R flex shafts. Not sure when, but I think it would be good for my game.

I learned from my fitting experience this year that there are a lot more variables to shafts than flex (i.e. weight, torque, etc.) that can determine which is right for you. My SS is right between regular and stiff, so my fitter found shafts that were firmer regular, along with reducing shaft weight in my driver. After being fitted, I'll never buy a club off rack again, as I think getting the right shaft in your clubs is that important.

At this point it wouldn't hurt, my swing speed has currently slowed down due to me not playing as much as I used too. Bit working on getting it back where it was. I do admit that a regular shaft allowed me to square the face easily. And the stiff stock shaft is quite soft so that worked for a while for me, but the tp version if the driver shaft I use is the real shaft so it plays a bit stiffer than I need at the moment. What I need now is a real fitting.

Taylormade rep is coming back on Sunday and I'm getting a proper fitting

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I play the reg KBS which is stiffer than your average reg shafts so its a nice fit, also play reg n my hybrid but stiff on others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I do, but hopefully by the end of the year it will be up to a stiff.

I do, I do!

I find I have the best dispersion and most consistent distance with x flex. I play wedge flex in my wedges because the are rarely full swings.

i used stiff because my transition is tiny bit faster than I would like and while continuously working on making transition smoother, until I get there I am staying with stiff

I still do. Just works better for the swing. Tempo is key now

S300 in my irons, Regular Diamana Kai'li shafts in my 3&5 fairway woods, Stiff Diamana Kai'li in my Driver and standard wedge flex in my 2 wedges. All the above I was fitted for at a fitting I went through.

Yeah I play the reg KBS which is stiffer than your average reg shafts so its a nice fit, also play reg n my hybrid but stiff on others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have definatly found this to be the case in my KBS Tour 90 regular shafts.

Irons I play 5.5 rifle, firm, all hybrids and fairway has regular graphite , my driver currently has a stiff, but stock shaft is regularly, so I do use regular shafts

I've got a full set in stiff and a full set in regular. I see little difference in distance, just a left bias with regular and right bias with stiff. When my swing is on I have plenty of speed for stiff in everything but I have a lot of old motocross and military injuries and aches that slow me down substantially from time to time so I have both :)

Taptaptaparoo

Back