2013 Srixon ZStar, ZStar XV, and ZStar SL Golf Ball

I really do find the flight of the ball a bit better and even when playing the new Q-Stars a few weeks ago with other THP'ers I believe I recall at least one mentioning how it was easier to track my yellow ball than his white one.
Isn't it also nice knowing which is yours in a cluster of balls? Fairway or green.

Wonder if a group of four playing an orange, pink, yellow and white would speed up play.

I've played with a few guys who play the Yellow Bstones, and I agree the yellow is easier to track in air. My big worry is how long it will take to get the thought of 'range ball' out of my head from tee to green. It could be a mute point in 3 holes, but thats honestly been my hurdle to ever giving colored golf balls a full shake thus far.

I will add, those pink Bstone 330RX balls were not too easy to see, but got some fun comments. :)
Fortunately for me, most ranges I practice on have white range balls, so a yellow is a nice change. I think you will be fine with the yellow, no doubt.
I might give these another go. I haven't played the Srixon since the 2011 version, which wasn't the best ball for me. The yellow sure is a nice kind of sparkly yellow.
The yellow Srixon uses has evolved over time, and this past years Z Star and this years Q Star are significant upgrades to their previous colours. I like it a lot.

I've played with a few guys who play the Yellow Bstones, and I agree the yellow is easier to track in air. My big worry is how long it will take to get the thought of 'range ball' out of my head from tee to green. It could be a mute point in 3 holes, but thats honestly been my hurdle to ever giving colored golf balls a full shake thus far.

I will add, those pink Bstone 330RX balls were not too easy to see, but got some fun comments. :)
I dont think range ball when I see yellow. I dont think anything when I see yellow. Its just a golf ball that is a different color.

I dont think range ball when I see yellow. I dont think anything when I see yellow. Its just a golf ball that is a different color.
Exactly my thoughts. Ball. See Ball. Hit ball. Birdie.

I really felt like the tour yellow was easier on my eyes when it was really sunny out. Not sure why but you know how sometimes during the summer when it is really hot, the ball can actually hurt your eyes alittle when you look at it? I NEVER get that with the tour yellow. No clue why.

I played the yellow Z-Star SL's the majority of last year and loved them. I actually started drawing the ball after a while, that was a new and refreshing experience.

As far as the color, it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, the only people it seems to affect are the guys I play with who can't stop complaining about it. Love to get into their heads.

Played golf with a very good buddy yesterday and he showed up to the course with the Z Stars. He'd never played them before and only bought them cause they were offering a buy 2 dozen and get 1 free. By the end of the round he was ranting and raving about the ball! His exact words but he said quote, "I've never played a ball this good that I felt the impact with so quickly". Wow! He did shoot an amazing round and it was fun to watch. He said he really noticed how great the ball was on putts. He was rolling it very well with the Z Star. He did mention that it took a bit to get use to the harder feeling ball off the tee but that was not a knock on the ball. He's just been using some very soft golf balls so it was a new feeling to him. He was able to work it like it normally does and really liked it around the greens. Anyways, just thought I would let you know that it sounds like the Z Stars have taken another player!!

Srixon Z Star XV

I'm really quite pleased with this ball so far. Distance is good. Feel around the green is good. Same spin characteristics of the Pro V1x. All-in-all, very good product from Srixon

Sounds like the new ZStar and ZStar XV3 will be tour only for a bit longer. Like Ryan said, it might be several more months before general release.

Early last season, I found a once hit yellow Z-Star on the first hole. I decided to play it for the rest of the round.
At the end of those 17 holes, I bought a dozen of them and never looked back.
I love the feel and performance of these and cannot wait to try out the new version.

Gamed the Q Star and the Z Star out on the course. Q star was front 9, Z Star was back 9.

While I really like the new Q Star, the Z Star caught me by surprise. Really, really liked what I saw out of it.

Once I roll my thoughts together, I will have more.

Gamed the Q Star and the Z Star out on the course. Q star was front 9, Z Star was back 9.

While I really like the new Q Star, the Z Star caught me by surprise. Really, really liked what I saw out of it.

Once I roll my thoughts together, I will have more.

Just the standard Z War?

I got to play with the Z-Star and the Z-Star XV. Only 9 holes so the XV got 5 and the Standard got 4.

As of right now, it's too close to call. I love both balls equally. If I had to pick one right now, I'd have to say the XV is better. It holds greens alot better and around the greens it is great. I hit the standard Z-Star about on average 5 yards further then the XV. However, the control with XV was beautiful. Going to play 18 tomorrow, 9 with each. And I'll have a for sure answer by then.

I got to play with the Z-Star and the Z-Star XV. Only 9 holes so the XV got 5 and the Standard got 4.

As of right now, it's too close to call. I love both balls equally. If I had to pick one right now, I'd have to say the XV is better. It holds greens alot better and around the greens it is great. I hit the standard Z-Star about on average 5 yards further then the XV. However, the control with XV was beautiful. Going to play 18 tomorrow, 9 with each. And I'll have a for sure answer by then.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, buddy!

I used a Z-star XV for my round yesterday and wow do I like this ball. I love the harder feel off the driver (compared to the Qstar) and it has much more of a 'click' sound that I started to enjoy. The sound was slightly reminiscent of a Pro V1. I was afraid that I was going to be losing some balls off the tee with the urethane cover but I saw the opposite. I hit a personal best 11 fairways and I was a few yards away from hitting 13. I was also driving about 4-7 yards further, but I cant guarantee that was a direct result of the ball.

My iron play was suspect at best yesterday so I cant give fair results on that.

Around the green there is a noticeable increase in spin with this ball which I struggled to get used to. I sucked a few wedge shots back 3' or so on really soft greens but for the most part saw the good ol' hop and stop (as opposed to hop and roll a couple yards with the Q-star).

I still prefer the feel of the Q-Star with the putter. I think the Z-Star XV travels a couple feet further with the same stroke, and I was thinking that I may prefer the XV if I had a putter with a soft insert.

It will be used again, but I know that my game is not capable of taking full advantage of this ball.

Really sucks for a Zstar fan here; Srixon just said on Twitter today that the new Zs won't be out until August. Really sucks. Just out of annoyance and desire to hit the newest balls, I might have to ditch Srixon for this year once my remaining 2 dozen Zs run out. Looking forward to hitting the new Callys and latest BStones, and maybe a few others. Might try the new Qs, just to give them a chance b/c I do love my Srixons.

Really sucks for a Zstar fan here; Srixon just said on Twitter today that the new Zs won't be out until August. Really sucks. Just out of annoyance and desire to hit the newest balls, I might have to ditch Srixon for this year once my remaining 2 dozen Zs run out. Looking forward to hitting the new Callys and latest BStones, and maybe a few others. Might try the new Qs, just to give them a chance b/c I do love my Srixons.
Dont snooze on the Q star dude, it's a solid offering at a heck of a price.

Dont snooze on the Q star dude, it's a solid offering at a heck of a price.

I'll likely be getting a sleeve to try out, but at this point I'm pretty annoyed. New Zs have been on tour since last summer (June if I'm remembering correctly), in Japan since November, and won't be here until August? With no explanation (that I can find)?

Love, love, love the Srixon Z Star XVs. Bought 6 dozen (white, still can't do yellow) while they were on sale.

These balls are great from the tee, very good stopping power on approach shots and around the greens "fawget about it", they really shine!!! Much better than the 2012 Pro V1x overall (my previous ball) IMO. I'm very impressed!!

I can understand your frustration, especially since August usually marks the end of summer golf and the beginning of fall golf for many who see snow. I have liked my first 2 rounds out of the XV, but yes it will be interesting to see what other OEMs do with their 2013 ball releases.

I gamed the XV all last year, and I'm yet to try anything else that comes close. I love the extra spin around the green (similar to a Pro V1) but the srixon feels sooooo much softer off the club.

Whats really surprising to me is that although it feels so soft, and spins so much, the durability is insane! Ive litterally played the same ball all month without so much as a scuff. Super impressed!!!!!

I gamed the XV all last year, and I'm yet to try anything else that comes close. I love the extra spin around the green (similar to a Pro V1) but the srixon feels sooooo much softer off the club.

Whats really surprising to me is that although it feels so soft, and spins so much, the durability is insane! Ive litterally played the same ball all month without so much as a scuff. Super impressed!!!!!

They are great. You never wear out a Srixon, you only lose them. Of course I never lose any, it's an 'in theory' thing ;)

The yellow Z Star XV is my ball of choice. It is just a great all around performer. I like Qstars as well, but I'm longer with the XV, and it offers more spin around the green than the QStar, at least for me.

I have the exact same thoughts. Long and not too spinny off the driver. Nice amount of spin off irons and wedges. Easy to control. Love the yellow.

Back