NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy Kopecky scored the ENG

The Rags losing is great news. Nothing would please me more than to have them hook up Columbus with a better draft pick than what we'll get haha!

steve ott shoot-out game winner!

best sabres game since boston beat down earlier this season.

it's too early to say, but something might have clicked here...

....yeah, taking the worst shoot out team ever to a shoot out.

Dial it up dude! Get out of that basement so the picks are better for everyone else!

Caps get a huge 2 points tonight with a dominant victory 4 to 0. No rest for the weary back at it tomorrow night.

PPG in 2013: Rick Nash - 1. Marian Gaborik - 1. Brad Richards - 0. Martin Brodeur - 1.

There's a 2-3 gamer.

Easy. Flying two armed elbow shots to the head are discouraged. Should be 4-5, honestly. That looks bad from every angle.

nash won't face discipline for that hit.. Absolutely incredible. Stars are exempt from suspension in the NHL.

What a joke.

I didn't see anything worthy of a suspension on that play. I know let it rip. I also very much disagree with the statement of stars being exempt. Ovechkin, Thorton, Heatly, Hall, Green have all been suspended in the past. I think each one is a star.

I didn't see anything worthy of a suspension on that play. I know let it rip. I also very much disagree with the statement of stars being exempt. Ovechkin, Thorton, Heatly, Hall, Green have all been suspended in the past. I think each one is a star.

You see nothing wrong with leaping with hands and arms first into the back of someone's head? Going to have to disagree a LOT with you there fella haha

Caps have the 2nd game in a back to back in Winnipeg. After a quality win last night they need to make it 2 in a row.

Lupul just got two games for this..

[video=youtube;DzeLF-ozyEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzeLF-ozyEw[/video]

Hands down, Hit upwards.. Hit from the side rather than from behind...

How this hit is worse than nash's is absolutely beyond me.

I can't even watch this game because we still don't have cable back...

Lupul just got two games for this..

[video=youtube;DzeLF-ozyEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzeLF-ozyEw[/video]

Hands down, Hit upwards.. Hit from the side rather than from behind...

How this hit is worse than nash's is absolutely beyond me.

No doubt it was stupid and I don't like the hit but he hit him between the shoulder blades. If this deserves a suspension every hit on Thorton does as well.

No doubt it was stupid and I don't like the hit but he hit him between the shoulder blades. If this deserves a suspension every hit on Thorton does as well.

He LEAPED and struck Kopecky between the shoulder blades and the head, FROM BEHIND, leading with the hands/elbow.

I don't even know what the last part of that comment means.

He LEAPED and struck Kopecky between the shoulder blades and the head, FROM BEHIND, leading with the hands/elbow.

I still can't believe he didn't get anything.

I still can't believe he didn't get anything.

Me either. It's actually kind of entertaining reading all the commentary on it.. People are blown away by it.

Also, @JLupul: "If someone can explain the decisions on what warrants a suspension and what doesn't, please let me and the rest of guys know.."

Oh, and Bob McKenzie just RTed it haha

He never contacted the head. Stupid and deserving a penalty heck yeah but not a suspension.

He never contacted the head. Stupid and deserving a penalty heck yeah but not a suspension.

He absolutely made direct contact with the head. The side angle clearly shows it.

I'm sorry, but did you even see the play?

Yeah, I don't know man, every angle I see suggests head contact.

Also, he didn't even get a penalty on the play. Referees would never dream of penalizing him haha!

u7ube8uj.jpg

Best I could do on my phone. Watch the 3rd replay. Clearly an elbow to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back