Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Order finally placed.

Cobra AMP Cell Blue with either the Aldila Phenom 60(custom) or the AMP Cell Pro Kuro Kage Black(stock) shaft. Added a stock AMP CELL REL 360 Blue grip to match the driver head. Playing length with be 44.5"

Awesome setup. Can't wait to hear how things kuro does in the stock head. Stiff flex?

Awesome setup. Can't wait to hear how things kuro does in the stock head. Stiff flex?

Yup. I was on the fence on the stiff flex with the aldila because their site says otherwise. But the guy I was hitting with yesterday said my transition is too quick for the regular flex. Time will tell I guess. Whichever shaft shows up I know I'll be happy.

One thing to note - since I have changed my posture, I swing on a flatter plane with my driver. After today's round, I am considering dialing the driver back up 10.5 degrees. I have a feeling that because I am not as steep anymore, I am generating less spin, and thus can benefit from some additional loft.

Damn just realized it was this driver I tried out today, and boy did I fall in love.

Like Odysseus sailing pass the sirens, the Amp Cell is a temptress. Once you hit her, there is no turning back.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I have tried many drivers and combos over the last year but nothing has compared to my Titleist 910 until today, it was the way the ball climbed the flight was awesome and the distance insane. today was -3c snowing and into a head wind of around 20mph and i was carrying it 220+ yards my Titleist was lucky to hit 200. So i'm going to test it when it warms up before I pull the trigger.

I won't lie, I've been looking forward to having this driver in my bag since the AC tour van stop last fall. If I wasn't a Cobra staffer, I probably would have already bagged one.

Order finally placed.

Cobra AMP Cell Blue with either the Aldila Phenom 60(custom) or the AMP Cell Pro Kuro Kage Black(stock) shaft. Added a stock AMP CELL REL 360 Blue grip to match the driver head. Playing length with be 44.5"

Good deal ddec. I will have to take some cuts with this combo in July.

I know its been explained but why are three options for some and Tnolan only with one?

Order finally placed.

i am assuming these all performed pretty similar to one another?

Well I finally brought myself to hit send and I feel great about it!!!

Driver Choice: AMP Cell Red
Length: 45"
Shaft Choice & Flex:
Option 1: UST Mamiya Proforce VTS 65 Silver Stiff-flex (Special Order)
Option 2: Aldila RIP Beta White 60 Stiff-flex (Custom)
Option 3: Kuro Kage Black 60 Stiff-flex (Stock)
Grip Choice: Golf Pride Z-Grip Cord, + 1 wraps tape (Grip logo down at 9.5°)
Dexterity: Right Handed
Spoiler
amp-cell-driver-red-address__large.jpg
VTS_Silver.jpg
us11s-aldila-rip-beta.jpg
amp-cell-pro-driver-shaft.jpg
prod-zgrip-black-white-298x666.jpg
That will be stunning, nice choices

This is freaking tough! Not finalized yet but right now I'm thinking

1. Amp Cell - Matrix 7M3 (Black tie) X-stiff (special order)
2. Amp Cell - Matrix 6M3 (Black tie) X-stiff (custom)
3. Amp Cell - Kuro Kage Black X-stiff (stock) (might go Pro...)
Which of the two Blacktie performed the best?

well tonight i braved the frozen Erie tundra in the name of Cobra and the Morgan Cup, to gather some piece of mind about my shaft choice in the driver.

i was able to hit AD-DI 6, RIP Phenom 60, Kuro, White Tie, and stock Fuel.

White Tie and Kuro, just not for me. RIP wasn't awful and neither was the AD, but at the end of the day, the best numbers are coming from the stock Fuel. it didn't spin too much on me and out of them all, it was the most consistent dispersion wise. it was easy to hit and felt amazing when found on the screws.

i'm not really a numbers guy, so i can't sit here any compare every stat for every shaft. i just know that the stock Fuel did great things for me in that head.
come away from that session with good piece of mind and can sleep at night knowing i'll have a shaft in my MC driver that i can trust.

so......let me settle on a grip and i'll place an order here shortly.
Good for you T, where there no other shafts that interest you.

ordered gentlemen...

AMP Cell Red
Stock Fujikura FUEL Stiff
45.5"

asked if i could get the ZL multi-compound 360 on it, if not, just stock grip.

nothing special here....but it will be very consistent and trust worthy.

I'm done thinking about this.

Special order- Matrix 7m3 X-stiff

Custom- Ahina 70 X-stiff

Stock - Kuro Kage X-stiff

Fin
what, rebarr wasn't available?

At the end of the day, the stock shaft was just the most consistent for me.
It still seems odd to me even, given lots of options and going stock...but i believe the numbers with translate onto the course.

*We had options to choose from, but not sure if Cobra would provide the special order and every custom shaft. So others placed orders ranking preferences. I went stock, so no need...

Order finally placed.

Great setup captain, the grip choice was awesome!!!

They were somewhat similar. I hit a bunch of shafts and the RIP Phenom seemed to perform the best. So if custom shafts are granted that is what I would choose. If only stock options are honored I asked for the KK because it kept the ball lower and spin was certainly less which I needed. I'm excited about both potential combos.

They were somewhat similar. I hit a bunch of shafts and the RIP Phenom seemed to perform the best. So if custom shafts are granted that is what I would choose. If only stock options are honored I asked for the KK because it kept the ball lower and spin was certainly less which I needed. I'm excited about both potential combos.
I know you'll be killing either of them captain!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cobra makes some amazing stuff, whatever shaft goes in it, it's going to be launching long drives for sure!

Great order dude!!!

Haha Freddie !! No it wasn't haha

My order is in. Can't wait to get this bad boy in the bag.

Driver selection
Option 1- matrix ozik 6x3 white tie stiff 66 grams special order with blue amp cell pro head and golf pride white and black multicompound mid size grip

Option 2- Aldila rip beta white 60 stiff 66 grams custom with blue amp cell pro head and golf pride white and black multicompound mid size grip

Option 3- kuro kage black 60 stiff 66 grams stock with blue amp cell pro head and golf pride white and black multicompound mid size grip

Driver selection
Option 1- matrix ozik 6x3 white tie stiff 66 grams special order with blue amp cell pro head and golf pride white and black multicompound mid size grip

Option 2- Aldila rip beta white 60 stiff 66 grams custom with blue amp cell pro head and golf pride white and black multicompound mid size grip

Option 3- kuro kage black 60 stiff 66 grams stock with blue amp cell pro head and golf pride white and black multicompound mid size grip

Looks good dude. Weights consistent. Today they get officially ordered. Wonder if GG will eat us know which way we went. :bulgy-eyes:

Looks good dude. Weights consistent. Today they get officially ordered. Wonder if GG will eat us know which way we went. :bulgy-eyes:

I hope so haha. I don't think I could take that type of suspense !

i just want the order to go thru before i change/lose my mind... :beat-up:

i just want the order to go thru before i change/lose my mind... :beat-up:

I agree TYNO! I'm ready to get this baby in play so I can get use to it. I'm not good like you, I need a learning curve.

Driver selection

I didn't know we could order pro heads that weren't in orange or silver?

I sure hope we find out, I'd love to start dreaming of what's coming exactly!!! (Plus I can reduce my signature)

I didn't know we could order pro heads that weren't in orange or silver?
Red and blue are available through special order, just not off the rack. They did this after the red and blue became so popular.

Red and blue are available through special order, just not off the rack. They did this after the red and blue became so popular.

good information right there.

I sure hope we find out, I'd love to start dreaming of what's coming exactly!!! (Plus I can reduce my signature)

hahahahahah true. I also would LOVE TO KNOW

Back