Edwin Watts Mailer Robot Tested New Driver Ratings Section

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
I threw mine away w/o reading. But, my fitter keeps it handy and noticed this new section. I got to look at it yesterday.

Anyone seen this and read it? The latest mailer has a section where EW did robot testing with about 20 different drivers. The testing rated center, toe, heel, low/high on the face, etc. Then, it also rated based on best distance, highest launch, lowest spin, etc.

The Wilson D100 and the Tour Exotics get very high ratings in just about every category.

Very cool info.

Would love to see the article or scan, if someone has it.

That's pretty awesome. Go Wilson Staff!

Very interesting, I can't wait to see more and the results.

Haven't seen this. How old is the mailer?

I threw mine away w/o reading. But, my fitter keeps it handy and noticed this new section. I got to look at it yesterday.

Anyone seen this and read it? The latest mailer has a section where EW did robot testing with about 20 different drivers. The testing rated center, toe, heel, low/high on the face, etc. Then, it also rated based on best distance, highest launch, lowest spin, etc.

The Wilson D100 and the Tour Exotics get very high ratings in just about every category.

Very cool info.
sad thing is...doesnt matter how much hard evidence you throw out there...it wont sell equipment

I just got a catalog from them yesterday and it's laying on my kitchen counter. I'll take a look this evening and try to post it if it's in there.

sad thing is...doesnt matter how much hard evidence you throw out there...it wont sell equipment

Not necessarily true. I will definitely hit the Wilson D100 before making a final decision. I am sure others will try out drivers they wouldn't have otherwise tested. And, a percentage of those will buy something they didn't walk in expecting to buy.

The Clevelands had a lot of high ratings, also.

This is great:

Watson concludes, "The ARC System is not created to judge a golf club as good or bad, but to independently evaluate its key performance features and how they match up to a golfer's distinct swing. For newcomers to the game, or avid golfers, this is the best way to get fit with the right clubs, and it's how we can truly enhance game improvement."

Not necessarily true. I will definitely hit the Wilson D100 before making a final decision. I am sure others will try out drivers they wouldn't have otherwise tested. And, a percentage of those will buy something they didn't walk in expecting to buy.

The Clevelands had a lot of high ratings, also.
I understand what you are saying. and what I said wasnt meant to be taken completely serious. I am sure some people will buy what works best for them. But, TM didnt become the #1 driver in golf because it out performed.

I got to fondle the D100 the other day at the golf shop and must say it definitely passed the eye candy test and looked amazing. It felt alot like the Cleveland Black driver, very lightweight. This definitely will be on my must try list. Also looking forward to trying the Tour Edge driver. I started gaming the XCG5 four wood about a month ago and have really been impressed with the performance. I would like to check out the data, is it in ED Watts new catalog?

Mine was waiting for me when I got home. I was surprised to the the anser, which I'm playing as a winner in high launch angle. I thought it was advertised as a lower launch than the g series. But it also ranked the anser high when hit low on the face which may explain why I seem to do better when teeing the ball down lower than normal.

I saw that in the mailer. The one thing I thought was surprising was the fact that Callaway only had one driver make the top 3 on any category and it was only one category and if I remember correctly, it was third in that category. Of all the clubs I've hit, I find Callaway to be one of the better performing drivers.

I would love to see the results...somebody scan it and post it.

Here you go:
ubamu7yg.jpg

qydyta9u.jpg

hazutaha.jpg

ny9asavu.jpg

udeva4ub.jpg

va8ame6e.jpg

Very intersting. Exotics crushed!!

The XCG6 is a bomber, and the best driver Ive ever used. In stock form it blew away the driver I was fit for handily. Just waiting until I can afford one.

I haven't found many shining reviews on the Tour Edge...

Was there any mention of the specs of the drivers they tested?

I haven't found many shining reviews on the Tour Edge...
Do you mean that you have seen many negative reviews? Or just very little coverage either way?

Makes me want to hit the Classic and D100 even more.

Back