Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Sorry I am late to this discussion but I absolutely love the new PX shafts in the Cally hybrids. I think they are called the PXv's.

Me too. Ive been eyeing a pull on the bay for my Super S.

Sorry I am late to this discussion but I absolutely love the new PX shafts in the Cally hybrids. I think they are called the PXv's.

What do you love? I want to like the shafts but I can't find the spark. I'm thinking I'm looking at the wrong things.

What do you love? I want to like the shafts but I can't find the spark. I'm thinking I'm looking at the wrong things.

The results Freddie. It's a nice feeling shaft. Feels like it moves with my swing just like you want a shaft to react. But dang it really is all about the results and I am seeing outstanding results with that shaft

Best.hybrids.ever!

They are something else for sure.

Still not sure what shaft to put in my hybrids this year...my gamers have the Fujikura Motore F1 hybrid shaft in them....and Bridgestone carries that shaft model for driver and FW but not hybrids which is kinda of surprising.

I was looking at the Graphite Designs GS series hybrid shaft, but at 4.5 that's a lot of torque in a hybrid shaft...I am afraid it would be moon ball city for me.

Why not the PX Tim?

Why not the PX Tim?

That's where I am leaning right now....I have never hit a PX hybrid shaft....but I think that's where I am going with it.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's a solid shaft.

There is absolutely nothing to not like about the PX hybrid shaft. Inspired me to try the wood shaft in my 5W & 7W. I'm quite happy with the results across the board.

That's what I think too, as you know :angel:

I think this has to go back in the bag next week. Such a fun club to hit.

I am at a loss as to which shaft I plan on using in the hybrids. My guess is that I will end up with the VTS

You all think too much.

What kind of launch are you seeing with the PX Hawk? For me it was too low. The VTS silver helped me get the ball in the air and land soft. Really easy for me to hit and hold the greens from 200 out.

You all think too much.

It used to be I didn't think at all. There has to be some type of happy medium. I think I'm getting the flu

They are something else for sure.

If I dial in the direction, these will be lethal. Pin high on par 3's and a middle launcher on 2nd shots on par 5s

That's what I think too, as you know :angel:

I think this has to go back in the bag next week. Such a fun club to hit.

These are fun to hit. I will say (just posted in another thread) that the experiment with the F7/PX may have just ousted the 3H from the bag. Just such a good combo for me the last couple of days. I'll still have my trusty 4H when I need some J40 love though.

You all think too much.

Don't know why, but this made me laugh.

What kind of launch are you seeing with the PX Hawk? For me it was too low. The VTS silver helped me get the ball in the air and land soft. Really easy for me to hit and hold the greens from 200 out.

I think it's pretty good, but I also ended up with the 5.0 since that's all I could find. Maybe not Mashie high, but definitely doable for me.

It used to be I didn't think at all. There has to be some type of happy medium. I think I'm getting the flu

Lame. I'll make you some qualude soup.

I'm going 3 hybos and a strong 3W

I am at a loss as to which shaft I plan on using in the hybrids. My guess is that I will end up with the VTS

I am going with the VTS Silver in mine. Not that many choices for shafts for hybrids and they were well received from the guys who used them last year.

I am going with the VTS Silver in mine. Not that many choices for shafts for hybrids and they were well received from the guys who used them last year.

That is how I am leaning as well WR. I do want to discuss with BFit first however as I am a complete moron when it comes to hybrid shafts

Back