New England - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By KBS

That's awesome Dev! Dust want to quote the post but what a great looking yardage book, I'll be studying & planning for sure. What tees are normally played during a THP outing? (First outing I'm going to)

I think at a THP event you can play whatever tees you want. :)

Here's my recommendation : because the Player course is somewhat on the short side from the white tees, the league I played in last year used the blue tees on the Player course EXCEPT on 3, 5, 8 and 10 where we used the whites. The object of this modification was to try to cut down difficult forced carries for the less-skilled golfers on those holes from the tee on 3, 8 and 10 and for the second shot on 5.

You're welcome buddy. I am not sure to be honest. I am sure we wont be playing the tips. If I had to guess I would say we are going to be playing the blues.

That's decent news since my driver has decided to act like a 5year old and is throwing a tantrum instead of listening to me... Thank god for a decent 3w and forgiving long irons!!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I edited the 2nd post of the thread with the yardage book info to make it easier for people to find. Enjoy.

I think at a THP event you can play whatever tees you want. :)

Here's my recommendation : because the Player course is somewhat on the short side from the white tees, the league I played in last year used the blue tees on the Player course EXCEPT on 3, 5, 8 and 10 where we used the whites. The object of this modification was to try to cut down difficult forced carries for the less-skilled golfers on those holes from the tee on 3, 8 and 10 and for the second shot on 5.

With the way my driver has been acting lately I'd be better off taking a penalty stroke on any par 4 & 5 and physically throwing my ball off the tee-box in the general direction of the fairway... Hope to turn this around by June!

With the way my driver has been acting lately I'd be better off taking a penalty stroke on any par 4 & 5 and physically throwing my ball off the tee-box in the general direction of the fairway... Hope to turn this around by June!

Or we could just agree to leave our drivers in the trunk! :) I'd be up for that.

My driving was pretty good yesterday at the range but can also be very unpredictable. Hopefully I'll stabilize that by June too.

Thanks for posting that Dev! I got my first fix of golf yesterday, and needless to say, I'm even more pumped for June now.

So, I came home tonight and there was a package from our friends at Lyman Orchards:
Spoiler

DSC_9442_zps916215c0.jpg

I had spoken to them a week or so ago and they told me they were going to send me the yardage book. I wanted to share it with all of you. Sorry if the pictures arent great. Did my best. Haha

DSC_9443_zps3aac6a9f.jpg

DSC_9444_zpsab5898b7.jpg

Hole 1 - Par 4 -
DSC_9446_zps22740e42.jpg

Hole 2 - Par 4 -
DSC_9447_zps25750ca4.jpg

Hole 3 - Par 4 -
DSC_9448_zps8a2ea90a.jpg

Hole 4 - Par 3 -
DSC_9449_zps20f4fcf5.jpg

Hole 5 - Par 4 -
DSC_9450_zps7658556e.jpg

Hole 6 - Par 4 -
DSC_9451_zps23a6defa.jpg

Hole 7 - Par 3 -
DSC_9452_zpsb94d94f2.jpg

Hole 8 - Par 5 -
DSC_9453_zps5c29011d.jpg

Hole 9 - Par 4 -
DSC_9454_zps63a7f3ff.jpg

Hole 10 - Par 4 -
DSC_9455_zps56cf9b14.jpg

Hole 11 - Par 3 -
DSC_9456_zps3a11dcbd.jpg

Hole 12 - Par 4 -
DSC_9457_zpsbcd7c137.jpg

Hole 13 - Par 3 -
DSC_9466_zps1c7f56b1.jpg

Hole 14 - Par 5 -
DSC_9459_zps2110c5d6.jpg

Hole 15 - Par 4 -
DSC_9460_zpsf0ae24f8.jpg

Hole 16 - Par 3 -
DSC_9461_zps99568172.jpg

Hole 17 - Par 5 -
DSC_9462_zpse9f6d42d.jpg

Hole 18 -
DSC_9463_zpsec638004.jpg

And last but not least, the scorecard:
DSC_9464_zps826ef704.jpg

If you want any additional info or a better pic or anything just shoot me a PM.

Thanks for posting this Dev. Already mentally trying to figure out how I'm going to play each hole off the tee. I got great course management from my computer, yet I know I won't be able to come anywhere near that plan when I actually play haha.

Got out for the first time all year last week and my driver was embarrassingly bad. I was all over the place and coming up shorter than usual. Hope I can get it figured out.

Dont look now New Englanders...but its supposed to hit 70 next week! Lets get this thing filled up!

Dont look now New Englanders...but its supposed to hit 70 next week! Lets get this thing filled up!

BLASPHEMY!!! ERRONEOUS!! Winter is NOT done, lol... I absolutely cannot wait to play after work next week as it will just get me more fired up for the Invitational!

I am thrilled with 50 right now hahaha

Hoping we get a few more degrees here too!

Signed up and confirmed to attend this event. Looking forward to it!

Awesome Clemenza! Looking forward to meeting you. It's going to be a great event, keep the sign-ups coming!

I'm confirmed to play 9 holes on the Player course Monday afternoon as part of my golf league. I'll try to remember take some pictures while I'm out there! Hopefully the weather will be decent.

Glad you are able to make it. Its going to be a great event.

Man, my handicap is sliding up, you would almost think I was subconsciously sandbagging for this event.

Today is a totally awesome day for golf here in central CT.

I'm scheduled to start 9 holes on the Player course at 4:15pm!

Today is a totally awesome day for golf here in central CT.

I'm scheduled to start 9 holes on the Player course at 4:15pm!

Good luck! I'm heading out on my home course this afternoon too, finally "traditional" golfing weather in NE!!

For anyone interested, on Saturday April 20th, Lyman Orchards is holding a Fitting Day. Free 30 minute personalized fitting.

http://www.lymangolf.com/41fc4cb27e_sites/www.lymangolf.com/files/LymanFitting_Days.pdf

The Golf center is a nice facility. They have 5 or 6 fitting carts, a practice facility/driving range and the par-29 course that I keep mentioning. Great folks.

I think I'll sign up for a driver fitting. I've been wondering if I need to upgrade from a regular to a stiff flex shaft.

Hope other THP'ers can make it!

Ken

Hey Teedup- are they still using temp greens? Or have the regular greens opened?

Pictures from today. We played the front 9 and I have pictures from most holes. Open the spoiler tag to see them.

Spoiler

TELSO-013.JPG

Driving range. Yes, if you really nail one you can get it in the water. You'd need about 315 yards of carry but the tees are very elevated. I think this should be a contest for the invitational...

TELSO-002.JPG

First tee:
TELSO-003.JPG

Second fairway:
TELSO-004.JPG

Third green from the fairway:

TELSO-006.JPG

Hole #4 (par 3) - about 190 from here.
TELSO-007.JPG

Fourth green (from the right side)
TELSO-008.JPG

Hole #6. The green is down a steep hill to the left from where the cart is - a real challenge and probably my favorite hole.
TELSO-010.JPG

#7 -Par 3 with a big downhill elevation change.

TELSO-011.JPG

8th green from the fairway.
TELSO-012.JPG

Pictures from today. We played the front 9 and I have pictures from most holes. Open the spoiler tag to see them.

Spoiler

TELSO-013.JPG

Driving range. Yes, if you really nail one you can get it in the water. You'd need about 315 yards of carry but the tees are very elevated. I think this should be a contest for the invitational...

TELSO-002.JPG

First tee:
TELSO-003.JPG

Second fairway:
TELSO-004.JPG

Third green from the fairway:

TELSO-006.JPG

Hole #4 (par 3) - about 190 from here.
TELSO-007.JPG

Fourth green (from the right side)
TELSO-008.JPG

Hole #6. The green is down a steep hill to the left from where the cart is - a real challenge and probably my favorite hole.
TELSO-010.JPG

#7 -Par 3 with a big downhill elevation change.

TELSO-011.JPG

8th green from the fairway.
TELSO-012.JPG

For April 8th it looks great!

Back