PING G25 Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth review from Ryan H that is filled with fantastic information. You can find it on our home page right here.

http://bit.ly/XlQ71g

Ryan thanks for the review and the information on the G25. I found it informative as usual but I have an issue with what you calling moderate distance. 173 with your smooth action is far from moderate. Keep up the good work.

Ryan nice review. I would really like to give these a try.

Great review Hawk. These sound like a real winning from Ping. Nothing that really stands out, but just performs for a wide range of golfers.

Another solid review Hawk. keep up the good work.

Nice job Ryan. 173 yards out of your 7 iron is nothing to sneeze at. Seems like these have improved but so has the competition.

Last edited:
As usual Hawk, this was an oustanding review. I am truly a believer in the stabilizer bars that Ping is using. They really seem to make a big difference with off center hits for me.

Thanks for reading guys. Solid set of irons. I hope to hear everybody's thoughts after demo day as well.

Howzat, here's an answer to your question you posted on the home page regarding durability of the finish.

Finish actually looks to be in great shape so far. From what I've read, it is designed to wear, but I haven't noticed much at all.

Really great job on this review Hawk, loving all the technical info! I think this is a really great looking set of irons and I liked what I read about the shaft options - a graphite offering in the mid 80's weight range sounds pretty darn tempting.

excellent job Hawk. I like that PING updated the looks of the G line this year. They did a really good job with that. Sounds like the performance is there to back it up as well. 173 7 iron? What have you become sir?

excellent job Hawk. I like that PING updated the looks of the G line this year. They did a really good job with that. Sounds like the performance is there to back it up as well. 173 7 iron? What have you become sir?

Now if I could get it to consistently come out to play on-course with the driver.

You'd like the irons as an old-school PING fan. They've spruced up the line quite a bit.

Now if I could get it to consistently come out to play on-course with the driver.

You'd like the irons as an old-school PING fan. They've spruced up the line quite a bit.

I've seen them but have not hit them yet. But I do like the looks a lot. These are a set I could be comfortable with. I don't think I would have said that with the G10, G15, G20.

Good review Hawk, really enjoyed reading it.

I guess the question is, will you be gaming these this year, or the "other" set you tested?

I've seen them but have not hit them yet. But I do like the looks a lot. These are a set I could be comfortable with. I don't think I would have said that with the G10, G15, G20.

They are the first PING set I can say I've liked and enjoyed playing. Much of that has to do with me as a golfer at the time I tried the other ones though.

Good review Hawk, really enjoyed reading it.

I guess the question is, will you be gaming these this year, or the "other" set you tested?

My hand is sort of forced, so I'll be playing the RocketBladez here very soon. Actually put them in the bag yesterday as a way to prepare for it. The G25's are outing bound. Florida sunshine and THP'rs in their future!

Really great job on this review Hawk, loving all the technical info! I think this is a really great looking set of irons and I liked what I read about the shaft options - a graphite offering in the mid 80's weight range sounds pretty darn tempting.

Thanks Cookie!

That's pretty close to the weight you see in steel shafts for a lot of GI/Distance irons out there.

Excellent review, Hawk. I have a set of Ping Zings, one of the best irons I've ever had.

How do the graphite shafts feel as compared to other iron graphite shafts you've hit?

Thanks Canio! Sorry can't help on your question - I reviewed the CFS steel shafts in stiff.

Great review Hawk, the new G series are lookers and sounds like the perform better than they look.

Back