The Official Counterfeit Thread

Looks legit to me. Tweet Callaway, they are good with their social media

Just got this in the mail from the bay
2ujynyge.jpg

Everything looks legit except there is not serial number next to the loft.

What do yuys think?

More pics
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2DD184D62B5BDED0!902&authkey=!APYDHl7IgnlIpow

Here is the posting. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261190695017

The guy guarantees its authentic. Ive sent him a message where he got it from but no reply yet. If I dont hear anything by tomorrow, I may file a claim

***Tappin in cuz I #SeeMore***

Just send it to me dude.

Just send it to me dude.

If my 11.5 experiment doesnt work out, you are the first person I'm contacting. I just want to make sure this is the real deal first.

Looks legit to me. Tweet Callaway, they are good with their social media

Didnt think of tweeting Cally. Will try it now. Thx.

If my 11.5 experiment doesnt work out, you are the first person I'm contacting. I just want to make sure this is the real deal first.

I would really tweet Callaway, great CS

I'm really worried about ordering some shaft adapters off the bay as I don't want to get burned, I'd love to order one through a retailer but the shops around here keep giving me the run around, will online sites order direct through retailers for items for you?

I'm really worried about ordering some shaft adapters off the bay as I don't want to get burned, I'd love to order one through a retailer but the shops around here keep giving me the run around, will online sites order direct through retailers for items for you?

What adapters you looking for?

Just got this in the mail from the bay
2ujynyge.jpg

Everything looks legit except there is not serial number next to the loft.

What do yuys think?

More pics
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2DD184D62B5BDED0!902&authkey=!APYDHl7IgnlIpow

Here is the posting. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261190695017

The guy guarantees its authentic. Ive sent him a message where he got it from but no reply yet. If I dont hear anything by tomorrow, I may file a claim

Dude has legit feedback. I would say its the real deal.

Tweet Luke Williams. He'll know. Harry and Chad aren't as hands on with specs.

I tweeted @CallawayGolf but will try Luke. Thanks.

Dude has legit feedback. I would say its the real deal.

His feedback is what made me confident to bid even though he sold sneakers. I was just want to make sure he didn't buy a fake not knowing it. I've sent him a PM asking where he bought it but no reply yet.

Ok, I'm convinced I got a fake. The shape of the face is different compared to the one posted here on the THP review thread.
20130402_135126.jpg

Ok, I'm convinced I got a fake. The shape of the face is different compared to the one posted here on the THP review thread.
20130402_135126.jpg

Take it to a shop and compare with one off the rack. Easy way to compare

Anyone ever buy from dallasgolf on Ebay. Normally I wouldnt ask because he has decent feedback just that in reading his negatives fake came up more then once. Just wondering on experience from someone else.
Thanks!

they are awesome, I have traded in more than a few clubs with them and have bought a ton.

When asking for refunds on ebay, do you guys go through the seller or through PayPal?

When asking for refunds on ebay, do you guys go through the seller or through PayPal?

PayPal/EBay. Always go through there just for record purposes. Better to be safe than sorry

Always start with the seller. If they have good feedback they should be more than willing to help

Seller
then ebay which works via paypal
then if that doesnt work, I call my CC company

Take it to a shop and compare with one off the rack. Easy way to compare

I just asked for a refund. He said he was selling for a friend who got it from his Callaway contact. It doesn't have a serial # because it was a demo club but Callaway should be able to confirm it's authenticity. He didn't give me any other info than that to confirm with Callaway so I decided to just ask for the refund. Peace of mind at this point.

Working with seller to get the refund. Hope it doesn't turn into a fiasco.

they are awesome, I have traded in more than a few clubs with them and have bought a ton.

Yeah we will see. Says its been out for delivery 2 days now. I am a business and know my UPS driver so I am a little concerned now. We will see, I emailed Dallas Golf so hopefully it is resolved. Was hoping to hit it tomorrow night...

I agree you're making the right decision to return it. It's better to be safe than sorry. I hope the result will turn out satisfactory for you.

On a side note, how does Callaway validate its authenticity w/o the serial #? The only way I can think of is to send it to them.

I just asked for a refund. He said he was selling for a friend who got it from his Callaway contact. It doesn't have a serial # because it was a demo club but Callaway should be able to confirm it's authenticity. He didn't give me any other info than that to confirm with Callaway so I decided to just ask for the refund. Peace of mind at this point.

Working with seller to get the refund. Hope it doesn't turn into a fiasco.

20130402_135126.jpg

Doh. I'm surprised nobody caught on.

They will be different. Yours is a 11.5 degree 460cc version.

The pics posted on the THP review thread are of the sub 10.5 degree versions that are 440cc.

I think you pulled the trigger to soon.

So far there are no RFX woods spotted on the Chinese sites. I don't think fake ones are out yet.

Doh. I'm surprised nobody caught on.

They will be different. Yours is a 11.5 degree 460cc version.

The pics posted on the THP review thread are of the sub 10.5 degree versions that are 440cc.

I think you pulled the trigger to soon.

So far there are no RFX woods spotted on the Chinese sites. I don't think fake ones are out yet.

I haven't returned it yet. The seller hasn't been clear on what to do besides me shipping it back and then he will refund me. He told me he is on vacation which might be the reason why the return process hasn't started through eBay.

The info you just said explains why it looks different. As others have mentioned, I will be bringing it to a store to do a comparison. I have 11 days left of his 14 day return policy.

Back