Mike Rice - Rutgers BB Coach

He can come to Auburn. At least he has some intensity, unlike our current "dont give a crap" head coach.

worse than Bobby Knight?

I would say so. Bobby was no saint, and he no doubt crossed the line, and he got fired as well. Not good in either situation.

He can come to Auburn. At least he has some intensity, unlike our current "dont give a crap" head coach.

Auburn has a basketball program?

Auburn has a basketball program?
Not since these days...

1115_large.jpg

I remember getting that issue

I was in attendance for the monster put back dunk against LSU. Place exploded when he did that...

I wish one of those players would have taken him out. What a douche.

THIS^^^^ If I am a parent of one of those kids I am Irate right now.

Growing up in Indiana, it was almost automatic that you become a Bobby Knight fan. I loved the guy even though we knew he was less than perfect. I doubt we will ever know everything bad he did, but he did a lot of good as well, and I think that is what made it all ok for a lot of people.

As I got older, I stopped loving Bobby as much and there was always a part of me that wished some kid would just give him a good thump on his pumpkin, but no one ever did. Same could be said about a lot of the great coach's. I'm sure Bear Bryant and Woodie Hayes were hard as they come, but times have changed and no one should have to put up with being treated this way. My dad coached little league baseball for years and he could get p'oed at times, but he always said he could catch more flies with honey than he could with vinegar.

I wish one of those players would have taken him out. What a douche.
I think I'm most surprised that, that exact thing didn't happen.

I'm shocked the AD and President saw this video in December and thought a 3 game suspension and a fine was enough. Are you kidding me?! After a couple seconds of watching the video of this guy I thought he should be fired. I also believe the AD and President need to be fired. No one in that position should be able to keep their job after viewing this video and deciding a suspension and fine was appropriate. I also found it ridiculous how the AD was doing damage control yesterday and referred to this as his first offense. This wasn't his first offense, it was his first time getting caught. The video tape clearly showed he repeatedly abused his players physically and emotionally. Unbelievable how the people at Rutgers went out of their way to protect this jerk.

Rice definitely crossed too many lines. i know coaches like this in high school sports on the court. i can only hope that they're not like this during practices.
that stuff just doesn't fly anymore...

Rice definitely crossed too many lines. i know coaches like this in high school sports on the court. i can only hope that they're not like this during practices.
that stuff just doesn't fly anymore...

I hope he ends up coaching HS basketball out in NW PA. You can T him up.

I hope he ends up coaching HS basketball out in NW PA. You can T him up.

LOL.

he might find it a little difficult to find employment...

Back