TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

do you have the stock steel shaft in your irons?

I have the Tour 90's in them.

Purchased the R-Bladez today, 4-AW in Reg Flex Steel...aftering reading the great post from the tester's, I had to give these a try. Can't wait to give'em a try. "Thanks" to all the tester's here for a job well done......

Congratulations on the new irons! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Purchased the R-Bladez today, 4-AW in Reg Flex Steel...aftering reading the great post from the tester's, I had to give these a try. Can't wait to give'em a try. "Thanks" to all the tester's here for a job well done......
Thanks for reading all the feedback and thanks for the kind words. Hit'em straight!

Oh msn hawk I forgot u had the 90s in those, I liked the stock shafts, the 90s would be unreal with these heads

Great combo.

Oh msn hawk I forgot u had the 90s in those, I liked the stock shafts, the 90s would be unreal with these heads

I think for a lot of people they would be lethal! I just cannot keep them from balooning

I think for a lot of people they would be lethal! I just cannot keep them from balooning

Based on your move into the ball, I can see that. You hit down like a Axe Murderer! I mean that in a good way lol.

I spent yesterday's range session patting myself on the back. It was almost a year ago that I realized I needed to get my ball flight up and I've finally been able to do it. I don't think I'd want to go any higher, but it's a great site to see at the moment.

Based on your move into the ball, I can see that. You hit down like a Axe Murderer! I mean that in a good way lol.

I spent yesterday's range session patting myself on the back. It was almost a year ago that I realized I needed to get my ball flight up and I've finally been able to do it. I don't think I'd want to go any higher, but it's a great site to see at the moment.

Congrats!!

I think I may come in too steep, and it is something I am going to try and fix

I wouldn't sweat it. You hit the ball well dude. The Tour 90's just might not be the right match for you.

Congrats!!

I think I may come in too steep, and it is something I am going to try and fix

trade ya! I cant take a divot.

I'll be honest, these with some tour 90's or tours intrigue the hell out of me

Took my new rocketbladez to the course for the first time this morning. All I can say is holy freaking cow!! It was my first round since September. An entire new bag of clubs and some pretty major swing changes so I wasn't expecting much. What I got was between 5 and 10 yards per club more! The ball just explodes off the club! The ball flight starts out low and slowly climbs. The ball would land soft and check fast. It all lead to an effortless 78. I am so absolutely excited by these clubs. For the first time in a couple years, I can't wait to play!

Took my new rocketbladez to the course for the first time this morning. All I can say is holy freaking cow!! It was my first round since September. An entire new bag of clubs and some pretty major swing changes so I wasn't expecting much. What I got was between 5 and 10 yards per club more! The ball just explodes off the club! The ball flight starts out low and slowly climbs. The ball would land soft and check fast. It all lead to an effortless 78. I am so absolutely excited by these clubs. For the first time in a couple years, I can't wait to play!
Excellent! Congrats on the new clubs. What is your favorite thing about them so far?

I noticed some earlier posts talking about the Rocketbladez Max irons and I was just curious if anyone has played these or demoed them. I'm just curious as to how a $1300 set of clubs perform. With the speed pocket in all of the irons down AW and the all of the technology incorporated into them they should easily be the longest and most forgiving irons on the market. Just wondering if that is the case.

Excellent! Congrats on the new clubs. What is your favorite thing about them so far?

Thanks! These irons are just so consistent. They go where I want them to and the distance is great!

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am looking into getting the rocketbladez. I am not sure, however, if I want to go 4-pw in the set of go 4-9 and purchase the ol' standby vokey 48*. I guess my question is, besides price, how does the pw in the set compare to a "higher end wedge?" Thanks.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am looking into getting the rocketbladez. I am not sure, however, if I want to go 4-pw in the set of go 4-9 and purchase the ol' standby vokey 48*. I guess my question is, besides price, how does the pw in the set compare to a "higher end wedge?" Thanks.

It matches the irons, so it's cavity back. Much bigger than a Vokey wedge. I love it, though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I like the versatility and playability of the ATV soles in these wedges a lot which ultimately has me preferring these over my Vokey.

I like the versatility and playability of the ATV soles in these wedges a lot which ultimately has me preferring these over my Vokey.

PW doesn't have ATV though, right?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Good catch. My bad.

Played yesterday with a buddy from work, all-in-all saw consistent results from the Rbldz...my main problem was my wedge work >100yds which has nothing to do with the Bladez! Highlight was on the 4th hole, I leaked my drive right and through the tree-line into a clearing. I had about 190 to go with a rather tall tree about 1/2 way to the hole, but the ball was in a nice lie sitting up in the rough. My buddy suggested a 9i to just get over the trees and back out onto the fairway, I smoked a 6i over the tree and landed about 20yds short of the green! Needless to say we were both impressed... can't wait to head back out again soon.

i hit mine at the range in 20mph winds with gust to 35mph these clubs still hit straight high no spin knuckle balls wind did not seem to effect the ball flight

kingdom59 has 4-pw, sw for $519, man if I wasnt in the MC id be all over these

I got out yesterday and should have left my 4 and 5i in the trunk! I couldn't hit them off the tee, the fairway, the rough... it was so frustrating! 7-PW were great, and I mean great! Piercing high ball flights, dropping out of the sky and staying within 15ft of the mark, right on target line..but the 4 and 5 I would have been better off grabbing a flat shovel from the work shed and swinging with my eyes closed. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to get to the range and work it out.

I got out yesterday and should have left my 4 and 5i in the trunk! I couldn't hit them off the tee, the fairway, the rough... it was so frustrating! 7-PW were great, and I mean great! Piercing high ball flights, dropping out of the sky and staying within 15ft of the mark, right on target line..but the 4 and 5 I would have been better off grabbing a flat shovel from the work shed and swinging with my eyes closed. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to get to the range and work it out.

I know how you feel my friend...the first 5 times I took them out I was crushing these and the last 2-3 rounds I've failed miserably...I'm going to need a few hours of practice to figure the kinks out myself

I know how you feel my friend...the first 5 times I took them out I was crushing these and the last 2-3 rounds I've failed miserably...I'm going to need a few hours of practice to figure the kinks out myself

I have a feeling in my case it's the lag in the stock shaft, I'm just getting my hands too far ahead of the clubhead

Back