Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will remain a ponder for a bit for sure, but at the top of the list! Come on May...get here.

Why May? Outing?

Z-Series Z3c!

I love everything about this. Except the center shaft. And the head. But otherwise, I am in favor.

Blu likes the Z2 heel shafted.

I'm a center shaft guy through and through, and a mid-mallet is my preferred shape. The Z3c calls me.

Not really equipment per say, but I'm pondering hard a band/resistance golf fitness program.

With going back on Atkins, this needs to happen.

Not really equipment per say, but I'm pondering hard a band/resistance golf fitness program.

you thinking the Nike one, or something else?

you thinking the Nike one, or something else?

Not a band like the tracker, resistance bands and medicine ball programs.

I'm over the true weight room, I went through the "ooh look what I can bench" phase, with football and coaching, I don't nbeed that anymore. I want applied fitness now. I'm actually tuly motivated for it for the first time in years, exciting!

Not a band like the tracker, resistance bands and medicine ball programs.

I'm over the true weight room, I went through the "ooh look what I can bench" phase, with football and coaching, I don't nbeed that anymore. I want applied fitness now. I'm actually tuly motivated for it for the first time in years, exciting!

Ahhh I misunderstood you completely. Wow.

Ahhh I misunderstood you completely. Wow.

I typed and worded it terribly.

I just know I'll never be into the whole power-lifting thing ago, that was 50 lbs and it seems a lifetime away. But a resistance program along with Insanity, now we're talking.

I keep eyeing the Kai Fitness thing, but can't help but know I gan get the items much cheaper and do my own research for full, free, workouts.

Being kind of new to golf I'm using a borrowed driver. Wouldn't you know the shaft broke today. So now I am about to begin driver shopping. Is GG the best place or do you think the Taylor demo day would be better?

Being kind of new to golf I'm using a borrowed driver. Wouldn't you know the shaft broke today. So now I am about to begin driver shopping. Is GG the best place or do you think the Taylor demo day would be better?

GG is a good place to go try clubs from all manufacturers and see what fits you best.

The TM demo day will only fit you to a TM driver.

I would suggest going and getting a fitting at GG or a local pro shop.

What driver were you playing?

What driver were you playing?

Was a Callaway Big Bertha 9.5. As a newbie I tend to slice. Not expecting a new driver to fix that, but it would be nice to have a driver in the bag. I'm tempted by the R1 but for no real reason.

Lessons start for me within a week.

Was a Callaway Big Bertha 9.5. As a newbie I tend to slice. Not expecting a new driver to fix that, but it would be nice to have a driver in the bag. I'm tempted by the R1 but for no real reason.

PM coming your way.

Another PM coming your way, but golfinFF does have first dibs.

If you have lessons in a week I'd wait and see what your instructors thoughts are.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

All these "Masters" sales at almost every golf retailer have my wallet begging to get out and be opened. What I am not pondering would probably be a shorter list at this point lol.

Thanks for the advice guys. I know the right thing to do is wait till after a lesson or two before buying a driver. It's just so tempting to goto GG, hit a few and walk out with a new club.

In going to wait and let my instructor have a look at things for a bit and see what he recommends.

If you have lessons in a week I'd wait and see what your instructors thoughts are.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Agreed. I'd see what your instructor thinks in terms of drivers.

Thanks for the advice guys. I know the right thing to do is wait till after a lesson or two before buying a driver. It's just so tempting to goto GG, hit a few and walk out with a new club.

In going to wait and let my instructor have a look at things for a bit and see what he recommends.

Good plan

I'd say it would be well after a lesson or two depending on how much your instructor changes and how quickly you can adapt to those changes.

What I don't get as a newbie, is how could the R1 be a bad choice? With all the adjustments it offers how could it not fit a particular swing?

What I don't get as a newbie, is how could the R1 be a bad choice? With all the adjustments it offers how could it not fit a particular swing?

Shaft could be wrong and then you'd struggle with it. Also all the adjustments in the world can't make up for a poor swing.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Shaft could be wrong and then you'd struggle with it. Also all the adjustments in the world can't make up for a poor swing.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I agree with this! If the shaft ain't right for you then it won't matter how many adjustments you can make you will never get a consistent ball flight.

That's funny you mention this. A buddy of mine just opened a gym and I was thinking if getting started on something exactly like this. Or at least having him maybe shoot me some ideas of stuff I can do from home.

Depends on what you're looking for. As a beginning golfer do you really want to dive head-first into an expensive club like the R1 before knowing what you really want/need? If so, then go right ahead. But I've found out what I've liked and put together a combo for much cheaper than whatever else I've hit. (For the past 3 years, the only driver I've liked more than mine is the XHot.) The Tour Burner can be had for like $50, and my shaft was only $40. I hit it about 15 yards further than the R1 because it's dialed in for me and I saved a ton. The shaft will play the biggest difference which is why I prefer to have aftermarkets in my clubs. However, that Cleveland with the aftermarket just wasn't optimal for my preferences because I never got the right specs for me. It's a very personal thing and that's why you should get fit and look at shafts first and foremost. After that, have fun shopping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back