Which Equipment Manufacturer Would Benefit The Most From Winning The Masters?

Quite honestly Nike could use a Covert win to realize the goals they have for themselves.

THPing on Tapatalk

I also say Nike getting a win with the Covert, Rory especially.

Has Cobra ever won the Masters? I think it would benefit them greatly, with all the hot new products they have out this year.

What? What goals do they have that they need to realize?

I'm pretty sure they want to be a lot higher up in market share than they are now. A win at Augusta would really help that.

THPing on Tapatalk

I gotta go with Rory also. After his early struggles a Green jacket for him, while using a red jacket would be HUGE.

I'm pretty sure they want to be a lot higher up in market share than they are now. A win at Augusta would really help that.

THPing on Tapatalk

Nike has had 3 staffers win the Masters. It hasn't done as much as you may think.

Nike has had 3 staffers win the Masters. It hasn't done as much as you may think.

Trevor Immelman moved product tho! Although, said product was Transition eyeglasses.

But they have never been this 'ready' to move product, or had this good of product to move. To be honest, past nike drivers were meh, and now that Tiger is pushing product, it is working.
Quite honestly Nike could use a Covert win to realize the goals they have for themselves.

THPing on Tapatalk

Trevor Immelman moved product tho! Although, said product was Transition eyeglasses.

Everybody ran out and bought a Dymo Str8 Fit.

Or not

They've never pushed a driver like they are currently pushing the Covert, I think Rory winning with it would make them quite happy.

They've never pushed a driver like they are currently pushing the Covert, I think Rory winning with it would make them quite happy.

Of course it would, whoever sponsors the winner will be quite happy. I stand by the argument that Cobra/Puma would benefit most from Rickie winning.

Yes. I agree.

If Phil wins with the Phrankenwood, Callaway will be in high demand. That club will become the most sought after driver/2wood in a long time.
That was my first thought as well!

Of course it would, whoever sponsors the winner will be quite happy. I stand by the argument that Cobra/Puma would benefit most from Rickie winning.

ddxu is wise, I thought about Rickie and Cobra/Puma. I don't think it would have the same boost for Cobra/Puma if IJP won.

I'm not just saying this because I'm playing their stuff in the MC, but having a Bridgestone guy win the Masters with that company having their US operations based in Georgia would be really special for Bridgestone.

Maybe I'm way off, but I don't think a big OEM is going to benefit that much from a win at the Masters. They already have huge sales, huge marketing budgets, lots of exposure, a built in customer base, etc.. Even if the Phrankenwood starts an entirely new segment it will be at most 10% of sales for Callaway. Callaway will exist regardless of what happens this weekend though.

The OEM that would benefit the most would be a little one. For reference, read some of the history on Seemore or Sonartec. All it takes is one win to turn a trickle of 10 sales a week into 1000 inquiries over night. That's a much more substantial percentage of growth and thus a much larger actual impact. We're not talking 10% growth for that company, but instead possibly 1000%.

For the industry as a whole, the best thing to happen would be if Woods and Rory were to have an epic last day duel. Love him or hate him, golf needs Tiger to be good and to break every record in the book. Rory is the most obvious potential successor and needs to get back to form.

I agree with this guy. This was my first thought the moment i read the op. Now that Rickie is playing a true on the shelf product that people can see, hold, swing, buy, a win in the Masters with Cobra/Puma products would be a huge gain for them. I don't think they really moved a much product even after his win at the Wells Fargo because he was really only playing one/two Cobra products I could go buy and that was the Amp driver/3-metal, probably the most underrated driver last year.

This year they are pushing the Amp Cell line hard with great marketing focused around the staffers which is a great move for them. Most of the golfing public knows who IJP and Jesper are for one reason or another. Most of the general public knows who Rickie is. Hes already became a single name guy in the golf world. Imagine the name he becomes if wins the Masters....and with the marketing engine that Cobra/Puma are running now the sky might become the limit for them.

Final round of the masters and I am stoked!!! Considering, we have about 3 inches of fresh snow up here in Minnesota, I am looking forward to sitting in front of the TV for 6+ hours. Anyway, If Snedeker can pull this off, it will be a huge boost for Bridgestone irons and wedges. Most people are aware of Bridgestone golf balls, but many, including myself, have never considers their irons or wedges. On the other hand, If he wins win an old Taylormade Superfast Driver, what does that say about the new R1 and RBZ drivers? If the masters can be won with an older product line, why should people rush out and buy the newer products? Super Burnier? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it...

I said Bridgestone before a ball was hit and I still say Bridgestone. These guys are on an unbelievable roll, tour wise, the last year or so. They have Sneds in the final group, Freddie was in the final group yesterday, and Kuch is right there within striking distance today. If there is a company out there more on top of the golfing world right now, more than Bridgestone is, I don't know who it is.

I agree with everyone who said Cobra/Puma. Rickie winning any major will be a huge boost for them.

I think that Adams would benefit a lot. Right not Taylor Made is marketing their Hybrids like crazy but nothing else. If someone wins with a full set it would be pretty big.

Paddy winning for Wilson staff.
Luke D. winning for Mizuno.

Back