Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
Any kind of liver
Brussel Sprouts
Veal (As a protest to the way they were raised years ago)

Any kind of liver
Brussel Sprouts
Veal (As a protest to the way they were raised years ago)

I gladly eat those you have listed. I avoid anything made with squid ink. I once ate a Paella Negro that resulted in extreme unpleasantness.

Bathrooms all over Chicago are still recovering.

Kevin

I don't drink milk and I don't eat mayo. I also won't eat anything with seeds unless I remove them first - tomatos, squash, cucumbers. I don't eat onions or peppers either. I don't like lamb.

There are lots of sugary foods I avoid due to being diabetic, but in addition to that, I avoid shellfish, organ meats, and jello because they give me gout.

Carbohydrates is excessive quantities. Other than beer that is.............:banana:

Beets are about the only thing I absolutely avoid.

I gladly eat those you have listed. I avoid anything made with squid ink. I once ate a Paella Negro that resulted in extreme unpleasantness.

Bathrooms all over Chicago are still recovering.

Kevin

I say you give it another shot. I had a dish with squid ink in Mexico that was pretty tasty. That was also after a couple days of some serious drinking.

I avoid fried foods but that doesnt mean I dont like them.

Liver
Beets
Boiled Okra
Tripe (except in Menudo)
Anything made in casserole form....Yuck.

Boooo. Come on C Tech, how can you not like a casserole?

I agree - I love casseroles and stews - well depending on what is in them.

Stews are fine. Casseroles are the spawn of the devil. If God intended rice and brocolli to be mixed together, they would grow on the same bush!

I don't like lamb.

What?????????? Lamb is so good. There is very little that I will not eat. If I can eat it before it eats me then I'll usually eat it. Green veggies are on my short list of things I prefer not to eat but I'll eat them.

• raw onion
  • raw pepper (same as onions, love them cooked, and the flavor they bring to foods though, I think it's the texture I don't like)
  • boiled okra (that's just wrong, it's supposed to be fried)
  • beets
  • rutabega (sp?)
  • drum (fish, they taste horrible)
  • cole slaw (I had a traumatizing experience as a kid)

I'm kind of particular about other foods, like potato salad, I like it prepared a certain way, but hate it another.

I'll eat just about anything once.

I do try to avoid sugars (I try to moderate them) because diabetes runs in the family and I've had blood tests come back as 'borderline', and it does run in the family.

I don't drink milk and I don't eat mayo. I also won't eat anything with seeds unless I remove them first - tomatos, squash, cucumbers. I don't eat onions or peppers either. I don't like lamb.

Sounds vaguely familiar to me! My wife will never eat a tomato in a salad or a sandwich because of the seeds, but she will happily eat sliced tomatoes with olive oil and basil. Go figure.

What?????????? Lamb is so good. There is very little that I will not eat. If I can eat it before it eats me then I'll usually eat it. Green veggies are on my short list of things I prefer not to eat but I'll eat them.

I don't like lamb either. I put it up there with venison and bison.....a little gamey for my tastes.

I don't like lamb either. I put it up there with venison and bison.....a little gamey for my tastes.

I dont get the gamey taste from bison, then again I have a freezer full of it so I am probably used to it. I had kangaroo a couple of months ago and that was gamey, pretty similar to venison.

I like both of those also. Now my wife doesn't like any of the three but that's because she "knew" before even trying it that she wouldn't like it.

I am willing to try just about anything once. I don't think I am that picky of an eater but I do really hate jello, there is just something about that texture that I can't stand. I also hate eel and eel sauce from sushi, that stuff is just nasty. I like a lot of foods I am just particular in the way they are prepared.

Any type wild game, I hate people that tell me oh it how it's prepared. Sorry it all taste gamey it's just nasty tasting.

Sushi

Smoked Salmon, double no thank you!

Boiled okra I agree it should only be fried.

Sweets and Carbohydrates in excess because of diabetes.

Milk can not stand the taste

Eggs over easy, another double no thank you!

Liver

Any type wild game, I hate people that tell me oh it how it's prepared. Sorry it all taste gamey it's just nasty tasting.

Sushi

Smoked Salmon, double no thank you!

Boiled okra I agree it should only be fried.

Sweets and Carbohydrates in excess because of diabetes.

Milk can not stand the taste

Eggs over easy, another double no thank you!

Liver

Forgot all about the dreaded okra! The sliminess makes me immediately want to hurl. And beets....I never seek them out, but a cold beet salad with red onions dressed with olive oil and balsamic....I can handle. WARM beets are just nasty.

I won't eat liver either, but I'll eat pate or foie gras. I guess it's all in what you call it.

I have tried pate and foie gras to me it's still liver.

Another raw oysters do not see how anyone can eat those.

Another raw oysters do not see how anyone can eat those.

With cocktail sauce and lemon. :D Without those two items I wouldn't eat them either.

Back