The Official Tiger Woods Thread

yep. confirmed. 2 shot penalty.

2 shot penalty is official. Tiger will start the 3rd round at -1.

2 shot penalty confirmed on Live From

What is the justification for the 2 strokes?

Whew. Time for the comeback. Do work, TW.

I quesiton this ruling

Dam. That cost him 4 strokes by hitting the pin. That is huge.

Just assessed a 2 stroke penalty.

How do they get around the DQ for submitting an incorrect scorecard? Is it because the penalty is assessed after the submission?

Seems like a cop out to me. He should have called over an official in the first place. Anyways, time to carry on.

Hunter Mahan
@HunterMahan
37s

Two shot penalty official. I like this ruling because he took an illegal drop but no official brought it to his attn.

This should take care of the long putter controversy.
THERE IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PROS & AMATEURS
tap'n from my big as Note2

High definition rule lol

Glad hunter missed the cut so we can get his analysis. haha

How do they get around the DQ for submitting an incorrect scorecard? Is it because the penalty is assessed after the submission?

Yeah, Hunter said that it was because no one brought it to his attention before signing.

Last year a rule was added regarding HD TV viewers bringing forth an incident.

Tiger to lead after rd 3!! Even more pumped for todays round... will t times be revised?

After this whole saga and being that many strokes back does he actually win? I'd say odds are very slim.

Because of something about it came from HDTV.

This rule was changed last year? I seriously had no idea.

What is the justification for the 2 strokes?

Some sort of rule regarding television replay. When a player doesn't realize he has violated the rules and thusly signed his scorecard, he can be assessed this penalty without being DQed, if I am understanding what they are saying on the Golf Channel. But Tiger's news conference later that evening puts this whole thing into weird territory.

You be the judge on how close it is.

That was not "as close as possible" imo.

But it is very close and not nearer the hole, I am predicting that Tiger will play this weekend, no matter his 2 yards back statement it looks to be very much closer than that.

edit -obviously I did not know about the 2 shot infraction when I typed this.

Last edited:
Chamblee is an idiot.

Im startig to agree with Chamblee , The rule is clear .

I bet when the sun goes down tonight tiger snaps that flag stick on #15. Cost him 4 strokes

Tapa Slice

Back