Cally XF Irons are Sweet!

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I have a problem with my left wrist becoming sore recently. It has remained an annoying type pain for the last couple of weeks. I went to Callaway Pre-Owned golf and looked for some graphite type irons. I read some info on the Razr XF model and became intrigued. I ended up trading in my X Hot irons, as they were having a super sale on irons last weekend. I got a set of the graphite XF irons, for pretty much an even swap out. The XF irons are not cheap however being used but in like new condition, I got a equal swap out IMO. I have not played with them yet. I stayed home recouping my little boo boo (wrist) yesterday. I did go out in my front yard and hit a few balls out into the cow pasture and man was I surprised. These irons hit the ball on a beautiful high trajectory with what looked like excellent distance. I had a few cows running for their lives :bulgy-eyes:. Anyways I could say the old, "they felt like butter" stuff but I won't because I never hit a Mizuno forged iron. Too much club for me however these dawgs (XF irons) will hunt. The shafts feel good, I could barely feel the ball off the club face, and I did not noticed any jarring of my wrist. Did I mention how forgiving these suckers felt! I think these irons could be the ticket for this senior golfer!

Glad you like them OG, you are gonna need them in May. Pinpoint shots are needed at Reunion.

Glad you like them OG, you are gonna need them in May. Pinpoint shots are needed at Reunion.

This ^^^^^^^ I an seriously looking forward to!

Glad this worked out well for ya OG. It really stinks its got a little messed up but looks like everything worked out for the better.

Glad this worked out well for ya OG. It really stinks its got a little messed up but looks like everything worked out for the better.

Thanks Buck and I'm happy with the end result, so that is all that matters. I had been considering going graphite for some time now and it was a bad choice not to. It was a cost factor thing for me however with knowing what I do now, i could have gone the pre owned route and got what I actually wanted.

Thanks Buck and I'm happy with the end result, so that is all that matters. I had been considering going graphite for some time now and it was a bad choice not to. It was a cost factor thing for me however with knowing what I do now, i could have gone the pre owned route and got what I actually wanted.

thats good buddy. i have some wrist issues at times as well.... i'm a digger and with C TAPERS the tend to hurt when i'm hitting a lot of balls. i'm sure someday i'll follow your lead and go graphite as well.

Glad you found something that feels good on your wrist and performs well. Hopefully you tear up the course next time you go out! I can't wait to meet you in May OG.

Glad you found something that feels good on your wrist and performs well. Hopefully you tear up the course next time you go out! I can't wait to meet you in May OG.

These irons feel sooooooo easy on the wrist! I'm looking forward to meeting you too good buddy!

Glad it worked out for you Gray!

Just saying after today's first round with these irons, if I had the opportunity to endorse one set of irons, these would be the winners with out a doubt! Best fricking set of irons I have ever put my paws on. Bar none.

Glad you found something that is working out for you OG. Finding something that isn't so bad on the old joints and you hit well sounds like an all around win to me.

I love that you got these irons OG. You are about to see just how fun it can be playing with SGI irons. And man the feel off the face is fantastic. So happy for you

I love that you got these irons OG. You are about to see just how fun it can be playing with SGI irons. And man the feel off the face is fantastic. So happy for you

You and I talked about these however i had no clue, they would be this SMOOTH! I mean seriously, where have they been all my life :confused2:

Way to go, OG. I'm glad you were able to work things out in a fairly equitable fashion. Those are nice sticks!
I hit the XF hybrid 5 last July, and it was the easiest club to hit that I had ever hit in my life. I debated about creating a diversion at the Cally demo day so I could run off with the 5 hybrid. :alien:

Glad they're working for you OG!

Way to go, OG. I'm glad you were able to work things out in a fairly equitable fashion. Those are nice sticks!
I hit the XF hybrid 5 last July, and it was the easiest club to hit that I had ever hit in my life. I debated about creating a diversion at the Cally demo day so I could run off with the 5 hybrid. :alien:

Yea these irons are really slick! I've never seen an iron so easy to get up in the air. It's a great product that makes the game a whole lot more pleasant. As for the hybrids, I have the Razr X and they are the best I have ever gamed. The way they sit on the ground just inspires confidence. Game changer type hybrids.

Glad they're working for you OG!

I'm really pumped finding these and they are a pleasure to game :thumb:

Back