2013 THP Masters Contest & Thread Sponsored By TaylorMade

Well whatever :alien:

I'm not watching anything yet, stupid chore agreement with the wife.

Someday you'll learn....

My wife asked me yesterday if I wanted to go to brunch with her today and some other friends. I told her that I was not leaving the couch today. For 1 day of the year, that's OK with her, and she understands that it's Masters Sunday.

He's probably a little more skilled at it than a lot of people that try it.

Most people are trying to do it with a putter and fail miserably. It's much easier with a wedge like Snedeker's caddie was doing.

Doesn't matter. People imitate what they see on TV.

As long as those are done by the afternoon we will give you a pass. Lol

Hahaha, that was part of the agreement, "So if I do this, you'll leave me alone to watch golf? Deal."

Someday you'll learn....

My wife asked me yesterday if I wanted to go to brunch with her today and some other friends. I told her that I was not leaving the couch today. For 1 day of the year, that's OK with her, and she understands that it's Masters Sunday.

I felt bad as she just came in off the Saturday overnight call, so sure, I'll clean the kitchen and vacuum.....and be done in time to sit my arse in the recliner and watch it all unfold!

I think Smalls should call into CBS or Golf Channel and complain about Sned's caddy wedging the hole. :act-up:

Steve Stricker is nice and loose heading into his final round. He just favorited my Tweet reply to @hackersparadise, saying he and Rickie should mess with people and come out dressed as opposites today and that Steve could so rock a flat bill.

Steve Stricker is nice and loose heading into his final round. He just favorited my Tweet reply to @hackersparadise, saying he and Rickie should mess with people and come out dressed as opposites today and that Steve could so rock a flat bill.

Dude, that's awesome!

Just read a story that Guan was told twice to quicken his pace. I have to say that ANGC has truly screwed up this tournament this year. The Tiger ruling was botched. Watching all the tour pro's take 6 years to read putts and wind before they take shots and yet they penalize this kid. Then yesterday they warn him. His group was teeing off on 17 before the group behind had reached the 15th green. They finished their round in 4 hours. WTF are they doing trying to make an example of him? It makes no sense. You want to pick on someone you go after a name brand player who is slow. Tiger for instance. That would get everyone to quicken their pace. They come off as looking absolutely foolish

Graeme McDowell@Graeme_McDowell27m Looking at today's pins there is a definite 65/66 out there so you can look as far down the leaderboard as -2 perhaps http://moby.to/uobux0

Hilarious!

Despite all the drama I have still enjoyed the various story lines and the coverage I have seen.

Graeme McDowell@Graeme_McDowell27m Looking at today's pins there is a definite 65/66 out there so you can look as far down the leaderboard as -2 perhaps http://moby.to/uobux0

Today's pin positions:

sunday-pins-3_4_r536_c534.jpg

i guess Gmac didn't look at this sheet

Well there are a few of us on here that need Rose to get his thumb out of his butt and learn how to putt today.

Come on my son, snake a few in today. Sneds can't do this for us by himself so stand up and be a man.

Well there are a few of us on here that need Rose to get his thumb out of his butt and learn how to putt today.

Come on my son, snake a few in today. Sneds can't do this for us by himself so stand up and be a man.

Rose was actually a guy I thought would go low yesterday and be the guy to beat today.

It isn't a question of if the rain will arrive, it's now a question of when the rain will arrive. It's raining in most of Georgia and Alabama right now, headed towards Augusta. The early rain shouldn't be that bad, but the back part of the storm looks like it may have some lightning with it. I really hope there are no weather delays today, they don't have much wiggle room for delays with the tee times so late for the last few groups. IIRC, the light was fairly low when Bubba and Louis played #10 as the second playoff hole last year.

It was. I don't understand why they try to push it so late into the afternoon when they don't have to. Probably CBS' fault

It was. I don't understand why they try to push it so late into the afternoon when they don't have to. Probably CBS' fault

Completely for TV. The USGA is pretty bad about it as well with the US Open.

I suppose in some ways they actually want there to be a chance to delay so they can have an extra day of coverage for the same price...

It isn't a question of if the rain will arrive, it's now a question of when the rain will arrive. It's raining in most of Georgia and Alabama right now, headed towards Augusta. The early rain shouldn't be that bad, but the back part of the storm looks like it may have some lightning with it. I really hope there are no weather delays today, they don't have much wiggle room for delays with the tee times so late for the last few groups. IIRC, the light was fairly low when Bubba and Louis played #10 as the second playoff hole last year.

that is a turd in the punch bowl

Just read a story that Guan was told twice to quicken his pace. I have to say that ANGC has truly screwed up this tournament this year. The Tiger ruling was botched. Watching all the tour pro's take 6 years to read putts and wind before they take shots and yet they penalize this kid. Then yesterday they warn him. His group was teeing off on 17 before the group behind had reached the 15th green. They finished their round in 4 hours. WTF are they doing trying to make an example of him? It makes no sense. You want to pick on someone you go after a name brand player who is slow. Tiger for instance. That would get everyone to quicken their pace. They come off as looking absolutely foolish

I read it as that they had someone keeping "tabs" on him to make sure he didn't run into a similar situation. From what I could tell, he was not on the clock. From ESPN.com, "The youngest player to make the cut at the Masters said he was never put on the clock, but was told at least twice on the back nine at Augusta National to pick up his pace."

Now, what I don't like, is that it sounds like they were well behind the group in front of them, but they were also quite a ways ahead of the group behind them. Was the group behind them also reminded to keep pace? I hope so.

I am watching coverage on cbssports.com. It is really cool hearing the interplay of players and caddies, and to see non-leaders playing these holes. Seeing the merely average shots into greens gives you a better appreciation for what the leaders are doing.

Re Guan, Golf Channel commentators have explained how pros know how to manipulate the rule by sending their caddie up ahead to get yardage, etc., while the player doddles behind. Then the player comes up, the clock starts and they go through the whole routine of hitting the ball. The total elapsed time can be much more than allowed but the player is officially within the time frame allowed. Seems like an obvious thing that they need to alter the rule.

There are low numbers out there. Ryo and Ryan Moore -4. Michael Thompson at -5 on the day.

Back