Drinking while playing

good question.. I have a friend who cannot play without drinking before and during..
I don't drink before nor during. in fact I don't even drink at any time. ok, I might drink one beer after the round..... or a glass of wine during a meal at a resto.
I think this is all depends on person

Depends on who I'm golfing with really. If I'm playing with better golfers I tend to not drink, take my time on every shot. I have some people I play with that shoot in the 120's and I'll have a 6 pack while playing with them. Those are the rounds where I take chances and try different shots and I'm not worried about what I shoot.

I selected my golf bag based on how many beers it would hold.

If I'm just having a friendly hack, beer. If I want to put a good round together, beer at the 19th only.

I only drink during the round if I am facing either unending ridicule or if it was a business-smoozing round and clients are drinking. I don't like to as a matter of choice because beer + golf + beating sun = a worn out me. I'll drink at the 19th though :)

I don't drink while playing golf. I am always competing against myself so I guess I think that beer would only hurt my game.

I'll have one or two if the round is not going well and I'm with a bunch of guys that are just having fun.

But if I'm trying to post a good score, I'll wait until after. Even then, it's two at most since I have to drive home.

If playing with others who are drinking I'll have one or maybe two. Otherwise, it's after the round. Having one in the clubhouse is a habit. I enjoy the company of the staff and other members.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

If the round for the day has gone to hell, or I'm with friends, I'll have a couple. If I still have a shot of posting a good score, or I'm playing for something, then I'll wait until the 19th.

Dan

A beer I can handle per side, but through in the hard stuff and I'm done. Usually don't partake until after the round for good reasons.

Half the time I will have a beer usually one at the turn sometimes one on each 9 just depends on how I feel that day.

I rarely drink anywhere, although i find most of my drinking being done at the 19th hole. I was in a scramble 2 years ago during the fall and was just shooting horrible. They brought around one of those work truck water coolers filled with hot apple cider and rum. I ended up having to get a ride home.

So far, i havn't had a drop during my rounds. There's usually a beer waiting at their end, though.
Last summer i won a flask for placing 2nd in a tournament, and I'm still not sure what whisky i should be carrying in it :)

During my last ski vacation i talked to a nice couple who drink during or in between rounds... then they either play better for thinking less, or play worse but don't care anyway because they've had a drink before :p

Unfortunately, my home club has a reputation (well earned I might add) of being a place for drunks! Numerous DUI's for guys 500 feet after exiting the front gates. Idiots keep right on doing it though knowing the police are sitting in wait. You can't fix stupid! The club basically turns a blind eye because of the money it makes from alcohol sales but they are on the verge of loosing it's license after a couple underage kids got DUI's.

I don't drink when I play, I rarely drink anyway so drinking more when in the company of others is a non-issue for me. My dad was an alcoholic and it killed him by the age of 49. I will not allow myself to go there!

I don't drink anymore than usual if I play with drinkers vs non drinkers. It's not an every round type thing for me, if I'm in the mood I have a flask

I dont drink when i play. I just have no nead to and i dont like to. The only time is the once a year charity event kiwanis outing in which is just alot of fun and some goofing off but even then for me the couple or few beers i may have is more for thirst quencher on a hot day much more so than it is for catching a buzz.

It doesn't bother me when I play with guys who drink. It only bothers me when they get obnoxious, which has happened twice out of many many times.

I usually drink about six when playing a round. It usually loosens me up, yet doesn't alter my perception or anything.

Two beers max, most of the time none at all. Two reasons; first, the beer selection on the carts and half way houses is pretty bland usually the watery tasteless stuff; second, alcohol can help dehydrate your body, it is probably the worst thing you can do on a hot humid day.

It really depends for me. If it is a local course and I can have my girlfriend drop me off or a friend who doesn't want to drink to drive. I never on Sundays because of work on Monday.

If I do drink, ill usually buy a 6 pack in the clubhouse and drink them over the 4 hours on the course. It calms the nerves and I seem to play better

I don't drink a lot now anyway, but normally I won't drink during a round. When I drink, I tend to drink until I'm through. Could be 2, could be 20. And the very few times I've done it on the course, the results are entertaining, but it doesn't lead to good scores. My coordination packs up and heads home, and that's the end of me.

I don't drink when playing .. I tried it a couple of times and I get way to relaxed/lazy and my shots start flying everywhere. Plus, I like to walk for the exercise and I think the drinking starts to defeat the purpose of the walking. Most of my friends have one or two during a round and that is great. I have also had a couple of friends get absolutely hammered during a scramble tournament and it is less than fun. Pretty sure they were the reason we received a one year suspension from a scramble tournament for the way they acted.

I don't drink when I play, I rarely drink anyway so drinking more when in the company of others is a non-issue for me. My dad was an alcoholic and it killed him by the age of 49. I will not allow myself to go there!

Ditto here - lost mine at 52. I'm definitely not a teetotaler, but I avoid making it a habit and try to set a responsible example for my daughter.

I was recently on my bachelor party and did quite a bit of drinking while on the course but it was a celebration. I usually save the drinking for after my rounds when I am at home reviewing my play that day. I am working hard to improve my game and drinking makes that much more difficult IMO. I think I am going to save the beverages for after my rounds for a while.

Still rarely. I think the only two or three times I drank on the course last year was in the company of THP'rs.

Back