Anyone Use Iron Headcovers?

I want 100% transparent iron cover... to protect my clubs but also want to show off my irons to get my $$$'s worth for what I paid for lol

On my Callaway X20 and Ft Irons and Mizuno MX20 and MX23 no.

On my 8 years old Macgregor VIP 1025c yes Club Glove ones. No bag chatter on these, only marks are on the center of the face.
Since these are sold out and Macgregor is history I'm glad I did!!

Any forged chrome I would put covers on.

this is like the cargo shorts thread. I had no idea there was such division amongst the ranks over it.

I've heard that certain players' forged irons are especially soft and prone to bag chatter dings and scratches. I'd hate to see shiny slick looking blades get dings on them. I think anyone who's had to lay out money for their clubs is entitled to be as neurotic about their appearance as he wants. Personally, I want to use them but I don't since I know how I am. I'd keep them on until I hit the club the first time and then toss them in the basket until the end of the round - thus defeating the purpose of them.

I have never used iron headcovers, seems like to much work to me!!

I use them since I hate hearing them clatter around back there. I'm a club hoe so I try to keep them ding free for the next guy.

I put them on my R11 PW and AW and my SCOR 55* and 60*. The way my bag layout is, by putting covers on these irons I eliminate pretty much all bag clatter. I thought about putting them on more of my irons but 4 gets the job done for now.

I'm curious... Everyone who says iron covers are too much work or takes too much time, do you use head covers on your driver, FW, hybrids, or putters? In my experience, the iron covers are actually faster to put on/take off than any other headcovers. I think it's simply an easy way to "protect" my investment.

this is like the cargo shorts thread. I had no idea there was such division amongst the ranks over it.

I've heard that certain players' forged irons are especially soft and prone to bag chatter dings and scratches. I'd hate to see shiny slick looking blades get dings on them. I think anyone who's had to lay out money for their clubs is entitled to be as neurotic about their appearance as he wants. Personally, I want to use them but I don't since I know how I am. I'd keep them on until I hit the club the first time and then toss them in the basket until the end of the round - thus defeating the purpose of them.

Crap I wear cargos and use iron covers. I also putt crosshanded. Am I still allowed at the Atl Invitational??

I'm curious... Everyone who says iron covers are too much work or takes too much time, do you use head covers on your driver, FW, hybrids, or putters? In my experience, the iron covers are actually faster to put on/take off than any other headcovers. I think it's simply an easy way to "protect" my investment.
actually it is not about how long/fast it takes to take off and put on. what I found is that with driver, fw and hybrid head covers, it is easier to put on the top of the bag and after hitting grab it and put it on.
However with iron head cover, quite often when I put it on top of the bag it fell inside and I had to dig it out of the bag. and a few times like that start to not use it often

The only head cover in my bag is on my driver. I would lose iron head covers if I had them - but that's a personal problem:beauty:

Bought a set today. Travel time!

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2

For me it's not the time to get them on/off, it's that I would know I would end up doing the same thing with my driver/hybrid head covers. When I ride, once they get used once, they get put into the basket in the back of the cart, and then one again after the 18th. If I had iron covers, they would end up in the same place, and at least in that way, would be a stupid waste of money. But I have considered them for days when I walk or just when not playing.

And to anyone that hasn't seen them, they do make iron covers where 4&5 are linked, 6&7 and so on, so they won't fall into the bag. Unsure if anyone has mentioned them.

Bought a set today. Travel time!

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2
I like that.. you bought the iron head cover and since you bought these you have to travel to use it :)
*honey, start packing to travel I bought these iron head covers

I am amazed at how nice iron covers keep your irons looking, without a doubt the best little investment I've made!

Do you use iron covers?

Do you use iron covers?

Do you ever use the covers on your irons? I was thinking if your traveling and you want to protect them it might be a good idea....I am curious how many use them and when you would use them?

There are tons of threads about iron covers here

but in short...NO, I would never use iron covers.

EDIT: Saw THE Doctor above with the link to another thread

Never had them, I figure given some of the spots I hit out of, why bother. The clubs only travel in the trunk with me, so that isn't really an issue.
I suppose if you had shiny new forged clubs that ding up pretty easily, they might be worth it. Or get one of those bags that lock the clubs in to clips.

I am not a big fan of them either. My irons just never have gotten banged up. Just seems like more work for not enough reward for me.

I have always used iron covers and always will. I cover my driver and woods after every hit so why not my irons. They still look brand new after 3 years with a lot a lot of rounds on them. I do not see how they are a pain in the butt for a lot of people. I just take it off, slip it in my back pocket, hit the ball, then wipe the club and slip it back on. I love them and would never not use them, plus when i sell this set coming up im going to get about $100 more because there isnt a ton of bag chatter..

I just can't do it, regardless of if I'm gaming a forged set or not. I look at the irons as the workhorses of the bag unlike the pretty boy woods/putters that get the plush covers. The irons do the grunt work and I like some battle wear on them.

I do now. Since I got my new Mizunos, I started to use them. Yes it is pain in the arse taking them off and putting them on every shot but it does protect from unwated dings.

I just can't do it, regardless of if I'm gaming a forged set or not. I look at the irons as the workhorses of the bag unlike the pretty boy woods/putters that get the plush covers. The irons do the grunt work and I like some battle wear on them.

That's how I've always looked at it. Irons and wedges are meant to show some character and wear.

My irons need to see the light of day whenever possible. I will not hood them in darkness.

I am the same buddy....just can't make myself do it.

Back