Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Gotta agree with Obama on this one.

Obama: Kanye West a 'jackass' for outburst
ABC co-anchor tweets comments that were supposed to be off the record

In what were supposed to be off-the-record comments, President Barack Obama called musician Kanye West a "jackass" because of the performer's outburst at a music awards ceremony.

The comments were mistakenly sent out via the online service Twitter by ABC News' Terry Moran, who had access to off-the-record comments Obama made while being interviewed Monday by CNBC.

"Pres. Obama just called Kanye West a 'jackass' for his outburst at VMAs when Taylor Swift won. Now THAT'S presidential," Moran, a "Nightline" co-anchor, wrote Monday evening.

Moran quickly deleted the comment but it was still accessible online.

ABC News later issued a statement apologizing for reporting comments meant to be off the record.

Moran "prematurely tweeted ... before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again," the spokesperson said in a statement first issued to politico.com.

The White House has not responded to the incident.

I feel better knowing our President is a good judge of character and doesn't mind calling them as he sees them. Good on ya, Mr. Pres.

Although it would suck to be put down by the President, I don't think there are many that could possibly disagree with that comment. Even Kanye has to know he's a jackass (and was even prior to this most recent stupidity).

He should have included Serena in that remark.

I somehow doudt it was "mistakenly" tweeted. He lost a lot of votes after that police "Jerk" comment. This makes him look more, Level minded?

I doubt ABC is going to have a lot of access to Obama in the future. Terry Moran was very unprofessional and looks very foolish.

I doubt ABC is going to have a lot of access to Obama in the future. Terry Moran was very unprofessional and looks very foolish.

Or perhaps it was the plan the whole time. They cannot take the access away from ABC (they could but wont0 because they want the wide viewership. Just like they leave the stuff on Fox News despite the "issues" with them.

Or perhaps it was the plan the whole time. They cannot take the access away from ABC (they could but wont0 because they want the wide viewership. Just like they leave the stuff on Fox News despite the "issues" with them.

Terry Moran should have known better. I'm sure his superiors aren't pleased about this. I know they can't take access away, but they can make it more difficult for them - interviews going to the other networks, etc.

This is win/win for Pesident Obama. I'm guessing Moran got a raise.

Maybe it’s just ABC trying to make up for turning their whole nightly news over to the White House to talk about health care. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

This is win/win for Pesident Obama. I'm guessing Moran got a raise.

Are you kidding - Moran was insulting Obama when he tweeted (is that the right word - I hate twitter.) what he said.

Terry Moran should have known better. I'm sure his superiors aren't pleased about this. I know they can't take access away, but they can make it more difficult for them - interviews going to the other networks, etc.

It will never happen. And by the way, it seems as if it worked. Many from the right are agreeing with Obama for the first time.

It will never happen. And by the way, it seems as if it worked. Many from the right are agreeing with Obama for the first time.

I'm sure he's thrilled that the right can see the obvious.

I agree. I read ABC's comments and it sure sounded to me like they are worried about future access to Obama because of this gaff. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama ices them out and you've got to know that HAS to be a nightmare for any network.

First off, I understand “off the record” but what type of person would be upset that President Obama made that comment? Does that show the mentality of at least part of his base that they would be upset because he called out a truly public figure that was acting like a jackass? He sure didn’t have a problem calling out the police officer well before the facts were known.

I agree. I read ABC's comments and it sure sounded to me like they are worried about future access to Obama because of this gaff. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama ices them out and you've got to know that HAS to be a nightmare for any network.

No way. They did not pull him from Beck's network and he supposedly called him a racist.

No way. They did not pull him from Beck's network and he supposedly called him a racist.

I'm no authority, but I'll be watching in interest as to how the Whitehouse reacts and the subsequent reactions of the network. IMO if the network senses any reluctance on the part of the Whitehouse to provide access......I would bet my paycheck (ha...I don't get one anymore) that ABC would axe him in a heartbeat. When it comes down to the bottom line.......everyone's expendable.

I'm just glad the President did or said something that didn't cost the taxpayers some money.

He's right, too. He is a jackass. Actually that's too kind.

Kevin

IMO an "officer" level type never uses terse language, EVER. That is the difference b/w an "officer" and an "nco", and last I checked the president is considered a "sir".

While Kayne is waaaaay out of bounds you can flay some one alive without stooping to that kind of language. But then again I am different from most so.......Obama still gets credit for actually being honest and not dodging but I expect a little more of the "office" which certain other representatives have been told they were "demeaning".....

And in Kayne's favor his apology on the Leno Show was actually genuine IMO and he even just came out and said "I was wrong." Takes the air out of Ms. Williams' lame attempts at half-apologies you know? Who would have though a "rapper" would know how to apologize more than a "sports hero/role model".....

IMO an "officer" level type never uses terse language, EVER. That is the difference b/w an "officer" and an "nco", and last I checked the president is considered a "sir".

While Kayne is waaaaay out of bounds you can flay some one alive without stooping to that kind of language. But then again I am different from most so.......Obama still gets credit for actually being honest and not dodging but I expect a little more of the "office" which certain other representatives have been told they were "demeaning".....

And in Kayne's favor his apology on the Leno Show was actually genuine IMO and he even just came out and said "I was wrong." Takes the air out of Ms. Williams' lame attempts at half-apologies you know? Who would have though a "rapper" would know how to apologize more than a "sports hero/role model".....

Ever read transcripts of the White House tapes Nixon made? He cussed constantly on those tapes. So did LBJ on tape, sorry but calling someone a jackass is no big deal.

Oh, don't worry, Kayne wont understand. After all, he likes to put fishsticks in his mouth.

I don't understand this at all.:confused2:

It was a comment off the record so I don't have a big problem with it. It might be the most popular thing he has said in his term so far as far as the number of people agreeing with him.

Back