Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many today I was actually proud of. However, put a 4-hybrid to about 5-feet on a 185-yard par 3. Downhill sliding birdie putt came up just short, so I tapped in for par.

After pulling my worst drive of the day into some trees I found myself with 155 to the hole and absolutely no shot. There was a thick bushy tree about 5 yards in front of me and 30 ft high and a bunch of other trees scattered about. My ball was sitting on a mixture of wet pine needles and some fluffy grass. I was in attack mode and refused to chip back out to the fairway and do the prudent thing and I figured if I could hook the snot out of the ball I could get it at least into the greenside bunkers and take my chances from there. Well for once my stupidity paid off and I made the shot and ended up about 5' shy of the hole.
Bubba called, he wants his shot back. But seriously, that is an awesome shot, man! Bubba Golf at its finest

Best shot was a 15 yard chip in for birdie with the 54*.

Happen to snap the below pic on 18 after missing badly right. Thought it was a cool pic over the water and then the green framed by the trees & bunkers.

yre6u8uv.jpg

I had an 8i in hand into the wind and ball above my feet....choked all the way down from 126 and hit it to about 13 feet behind the flag....missed birdie.

muva6uvu.jpg

The obvious drive.

After hooking 2 drives i retired the Driver for a while. Got it back out on 7 and hit it straight and far into the fairway. A misshit 3w (low draw to right semi) left me with less than 100 yards to the green on the 570yard par5.

I chipped in to save par just off the green today. Felt pretty good. But not the shot of the round. I have been struggling a bit with my driver this season so my drive on the 15th takes the prize. I smashed a 270 yard drive right down the middle. Set me up for an easy pitch shot. Finished with par. Very satisfying.

Had a few to pick from today. It was windy, which used to really screw me up, but I've had my best two rounds ever the last two weekends with strong winds. Playing a par 5, I sliced my drive into the tree line right, hit a 5h over trees to get back in the fairway and had about 135 or so to the pin. Put a 9-iron up pin high about 6 feet from the hole. That was probably my favorite. Would have liked it even more if I'd made the putt. Stupid punched greens!

had a couple. 6 iron from the rough on #12 par 5 from right at 150. wind in my face. hit a nice arcing shot dead straight and left it about 10 feet from the pin. 2-putted for the bogie

got in trouble on #14. Another par 5. Weak tee shot, fatted my 3 hybrid, skulled my 8iron in a layup attempt and left the ball hanging on the edge of a creek. I had about a 60 yard shot to a shallow, elevated green. 55 deg. wedge hit a little thin, the ball immediately rockets off a rock, and flys back over my right shoulder about 50 yards leaving me 105 out. ughh..... I hit a sweet PW shot that high-arced dead at the pin, bounced once and rolled off the end of the green about 4 feet. That was my par shot. I went on to chip on and 2 putt for a snowman but was proud of the PW shot. Struck it pure and it felt good.

This was actually saturday - I had an hour lesson in the morning, mostly attempting to tame my outside in but having never had instruction in putting and having acquired a new putter, wanted to spend a little time on the green. I got some great pointers, changed my approach completely and went for a round in the afternoon.

After a drive and dubious 5 iron, had a putt from the very edge of the green - new method in mind (and new method core i2 in hand!), set it off and oh my gosh if it didn't go in, even had to stop and take a pic, I was delirious! Measured at 19 big paces, not just the shot of the round, shot of my life!

ptDcNC8p

Three more singles and a couple if lip outs, I think I've definitely turned a putting corner (until next week when it all falls apart lol!)

I had few that were good flop to the hill on the back of the green that trickled to 3ft to save bogie.

But the winner was a 190 into the wind 6i to leave me with a chance at birdie missed the bird but made the par. This was the one shot that reminded me I can actually play this game.

37 foot birdie putt on 18 to make it a 78 on the day. Sure, there were prettier iron shots and such, but this one was a big one to end the round on.

After a poor tee shot on a 385 yard par 4 in huge winds today, I had about 190 left from the rough to a smallish two tiered green with the pin tucked way back in the top corner, which falls off sharply down hill on three sides of you go too far off line or too deep. Whoever stuffed the pin back in that litte corner needs a good punch right in the neck. Anyway, there was a heavy wind dead in my face, and I ripped a 19.5 hybrid for all it was worth, and it was right at the stick. It hit the upslope of the green, taking most of the heat out of the ball, and it chugged it's way up to the top tier before it settled about 6 feet short of the pin. I made the putt for the only birdie of my round. I've never had a ball hold that top tier of that green before, even from close range, so it felt really good to see a ball get up there and not roll off, especially from that far out with a hybrid, which is far and away the weakest link in my bag.

I hit an absolute bomb on the 8th hole today off the tee with my new driver... Walked it out, 334yds with the wind behind me! My cousin (& I) were amazed, such a cool feeling!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Sand save on the par 3 fourth today. Tee shot was left of the green, pin high in the greenside bunker. Not a lot of green to work with, and the sand was totally rain soaked. I was actually hoping for some casual water relief, but I didn't end up needing it. Opened the face and hit a beautiful shot to just under 3 feet.

Played in a Charity Scramble tournament yesterday and the guys in the group were giving me grief for carrying a 2 iron. I had an opportunity to use it on a par 5 on our second shot from about 233 into the wind. Hit it on the screws and it ended up about 20 feet from the hole. We couldn't make the eagle putt (sums up how it went) but it was nice to stripe the 2 iron from the deck.

37 foot birdie putt on 18 to make it a 78 on the day. Sure, there were prettier iron shots and such, but this one was a big one to end the round on.
Great putt! It has been far too long since I've drained a hail-mary.

Sand save on the par 3 fourth today. Tee shot was left of the green, pin high in the greenside bunker. Not a lot of green to work with, and the sand was totally rain soaked. I was actually hoping for some casual water relief, but I didn't end up needing it. Opened the face and hit a beautiful shot to just under 3 feet.
Very impressive shot! I know all about rain-soaked bunkers and they joy they are to play out of.

Played in a Charity Scramble tournament yesterday and the guys in the group were giving me grief for carrying a 2 iron. I had an opportunity to use it on a par 5 on our second shot from about 233 into the wind. Hit it on the screws and it ended up about 20 feet from the hole. We couldn't make the eagle putt (sums up how it went) but it was nice to stripe the 2 iron from the deck.
Wow that must have felt good. I don't even bag a 4i anymore and I can't imagine putting myself through the torture of trying to game a 2i.

Best of today was a 30 yard sand save for par :act-up:

Wow that must have felt good. I don't even bag a 4i anymore and I can't imagine putting myself through the torture of trying to game a 2i.

Yea it felt good and it was a relief to hit it well. I use it mostly off the tee when I need to find a fairway. Hitting it well off the deck is a bonus.

4 iron to an uphill green into the wind from 178. Pin high to about 20 feet right. Just happy that I actually hit a green with a 4 iron lol.

9i to 140yd par 3, group in front were letting me through, horrible crosswind, started about 30yds right, landed 7 feet left, well pleased as I usually choke playing through!
Got the putt for a two as well, didn't look back to see if they were watching from the tee :)

piped a drive 325 yards into a stiff wind (was pushing our bags over), 15 yards short of the green. ended up shooting a 39 with one birdie and 14 putts. after shooting 49, then 45, then 47, i would like to believe my game is back in line but it might've just been a good day..

Short-sided myself by pulling my tee shot to the left of the green on a par 3. Had a mound to go over and not much green. Made a beautiful little pitch and it rolled down to tap-in distance. Felt good to save that par after missing the green.

Made a tricky severe downhill 20 footer for birdie on 17. It probably took 6-7 seconds to get there, then stopped before falling in the back door. It was significant because, while a wholesome guy like me would never wager money on golf, if a wholesome guy like me HAD been gambling on golf (hypothetically), that would have been a super duper great hole to make a birdie on ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hit two approach shots to inside 8 ft and had two great looks at birdie yesterday. But the most memorable part of the round was... I had a 30+ footer to save par and for some reason felt really comfortable with it - I figured I would at least get it close. I looked at my brothers (jonvick89 & natevick87 - both members here) and said, "I'm going to make this putt". I then pointed out the spot I was aiming to on the green and then said, "the putt is going to fall in on the low side". I hit the put and sure enough it broke where I thought it was going to and then fell into the cup on the low side! I burst out laughing and they just stood there is disbelief! The best part of the day!

My sand wedge was my best club in the bag today, hit a few good shots with it, but the best of the bunch was an approach on the par 5 5th hole from about 90yds that landed and pretty much stopped dead about 5ft from the hole. Unfortunately the putt lipped out but left a tap-in par

Made a few good approach shots that gave me a couple of birdie chances but wasn't putting well enough to sink them today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back