Status
Not open for further replies.
also, how about Toronto's big 3 pitchers they acquired in the off season

Dickey, 2-3 4.66 era
Buehrle, 1-0 5.87 era
Johnson, 0-1, 6.86 era

wow, that's really trippy!

The Braves flat gave one away yesterday, darn shame too since Huddy was in great position for his 200th. Kimbrel just hasn't looked all that dominant this year. His velocity is down, and he doesn't seem to trust the breaking pitches like last year. But I suppose noone is perfect, after last year, you can't really expect the same.

I still say he should have been in consideration for the Cy Young, he set so many records last year and didn't even get a mention.

He was good, but CY Young winners are very very rarely RP. Gagne won most recently and he was absolutely brilliant that year. When he was in the midst of his 84 straight saves.. You have to do something unheard of like that as a reliever to get consideration..

He did finish 5th which isn't bad by any means

The Bucco's go for another series win with the enigma that is James McDonald pitching. A little afternoon baseball to watch at school.

also, how about Toronto's big 3 pitchers they acquired in the off season

Dickey, 2-3 4.66 era
Buehrle, 1-0 5.87 era
Johnson, 0-1, 6.86 era

Welcome to the American League

To be fair Buerhle has had a ton of AL Experience, but always thought him and JJ were vastly overrated. Dickey does surprise me a little bit

I'll say.

i3SXAH4AAxtWS.gif

That is a crazy .gif! He threw a 60mph curve ball for a strike to Hamilton last night that just made him turn and smile. I think it broke 7 feet. He was having fun out there and I think it was starting to piss off AJ in the middle innings. Darvish was shaking him off cause he wanted to throw stuff that he normally doesn't (junk) and AJ wasn't going for it. In the end Darvish got his way. He looked bored out there after the 9 run inning.

Everything Yu throws looks like one of my drives...........

What do you guys think of their season this year so far?

Not too worried about it. They were even worse last year. I think Weaver coming back will be huge and I'm hoping we aren't relying on AA pitchers like last night.

Not too worried about it. They were even worse last year. I think Weaver coming back will be huge and I'm hoping we aren't relying on AA pitchers like last night.
8 different starting pitchers in 20 games........yep, that has to get better.

CJ Wilson is a big problem.. I think its funny that they paid him that much.

Albert in a few years will be a big problem too

Hamilton in a few years will be a big problem and somewhere they have to pay Trout. But I'm sure they have a plan.

Yeah CJ has had first inning issues this year. He may be a little overpaid but for a lefty starter, I think by the end of the deal it will have shown value. As for Albert, yeah that could be a killer. He has said that if his body breaks down he will retire. Hopefully he has made enough $ and will save us by taking a walk. I think the Angels decided to go "high risk, high reward", so far all we've seen is the risk side and who knows if it will generate a reward.

Regarding Trout. I think it was smart not to offer him a mega deal after last season. He has come back to earth a bit and once Vernon's deal comes off the book they will be in a position to pay the kid.

Yeah CJ has had first inning issues this year. He may be a little overpaid but for a lefty starter, I think by the end of the deal it will have shown value. As for Albert, yeah that could be a killer. He has said that if his body breaks down he will retire. Hopefully he has made enough $ and will save us by taking a walk. I think the Angels decided to go "high risk, high reward", so far all we've seen is the risk side and who knows if it will generate a reward.

Regarding Trout. I think it was smart not to offer him a mega deal after last season. He has come back to earth a bit and once Vernon's deal comes off the book they will be in a position to pay the kid.

The thing with CJ is he has never proven to add value in the playoffs, he dissapears in October. I love Albert, love everything he did for St. Louis, but he is clearly on the downward half of his career. Trout is going to be one of the top players in the MLB for a long time IMHO, and honestly the Angels can afford this kind of stuff because of the TV deal, and if they can afford it, then why not

The thing with CJ is he has never proven to add value in the playoffs, he dissapears in October. I love Albert, love everything he did for St. Louis, but he is clearly on the downward half of his career. Trout is going to be one of the top players in the MLB for a long time IMHO, and honestly the Angels can afford this kind of stuff because of the TV deal, and if they can afford it, then why not
Is this the FOX deal you speak of? Didn't the Rangers get a big chunk of change with FOX?

Is this the FOX deal you speak of? Didn't the Rangers get a big chunk of change with FOX?

Angels got $3 Billion over 20 years

Rangers I believe Rangers got 1.6 Billion over the same amount of years.

Lots of $$ for these guys

I think the argument that CJ disappears in the playoffs is inaccurate. Of his 10 playoff starts there are only 3 games that he allowed more than 3 earned runs(6,6,5). He also only averaged 3 runs in support.

I think the argument that CJ disappears in the playoffs is inaccurate. Of his 10 playoff starts there are only 3 games that he allowed more than 3 earned runs(6,6,5). He also only averaged 3 runs in support.

He has a career 4.83 ERA in the postseason.. That isnt ace material by any means. Not even #2 material also 29 walks in 51 innings is high too.

He has blow up innings in the playoffs which a starting picture can't have if they plan to move on. He's given up 6 runs after 3 innings against TB, 4 runs in the 6th against Det. in a tie game, 2 runs in the 2nd inning against StL, 5 runs in 3 innings against NY. Those are killers for a top line pitcher to have. Yes, he's had a few games that he pitched well enough to win and didn't get the run support but for the most part he's blown it in those crucial innings that took his team out of it. That's what was frustrating when watching him pitch here. You took the good but knew the bad was just around the corner.

Raise it! The Bucco's take 3 of 4 on the road against the cross-state rival Phillies. The Phillies bullpen is a wreck.

Most impressive part of the Pirates play lately is that they've been getting little from Andrew McCutchen. He's slumping big time. Starling Marte has continued his awesomeness.

He has blow up innings in the playoffs which a starting picture can't have if they plan to move on. He's given up 6 runs after 3 innings against TB, 4 runs in the 6th against Det. in a tie game, 2 runs in the 2nd inning against StL, 5 runs in 3 innings against NY. Those are killers for a top line pitcher to have. Yes, he's had a few games that he pitched well enough to win and didn't get the run support but for the most part he's blown it in those crucial innings that took his team out of it. That's what was frustrating when watching him pitch here. You took the good but knew the bad was just around the corner.

The thing is, he has talent. He has great stuff. Just needs to learn how to control it at times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back