Where do you store your clubs?

My clubs are almost always in my car. Never know when I might want to hit a few balls or have a spare hour or two to walk 9.

Mine get a bath and come inside after each round. The live in my home office and keep me company during the long winters.

I suspect the reason some people don't see an issue is:

A) You live in an area with relatively moderate temperatures

or

B) You change clubs so often your clubs aren't ever around to see the effect

I suspect B may be true for a lot of people.

In my case, I've had my current clubs more than 10 years. You can definitely see material coming off the headcovers, and the bag starting to deteriorate (luckily I don't use it anymore). The grips would obviously be rock hard by now had I not had them replaced a few times.

But, I guess it's not much of a concern if you're not one that plays a set of clubs for 10+ years.

I've had my irons/wedges for 5 or so years now, and keeping them inside has mostly preserved the grips for at least a few years - they're getting a bit hard now, but I think I'm going for new irons soon. However I recently chucked a bag that I had for almost 10 years...it just couldn't take it anymore. Though I suspect that was more from hard use than leaving them outside.

I don't know how some of y'all switch once a year or more! I could never get used to anything that way.

Mine get a bath and come inside after each round. The live in my home office and keep me company during the long winters.

One thing that made me start this thread is watching a Luke Donald video and seeing the absolute spotless condition of his clubs.

Now, granted, he can get new ones whenever he likes, but I mean, these things looked like they'd just come out of the wrapper.

I've committed myself to treat my Morgan Cup set the same way. They're going to get a bath after each round or range session, and they will live inside.

I have a spare room in my home dedicated to all things golf, fishing, and trap shooting so my clubs either stay in there or in my locker at the club. Never in the garage, I paid too much for them hahaha.

Taptaptaparoo

Same here. Clubs get cleaned after every round........

Yes, I do keep mine inside.

Inside the car.

me too buddy...mine are in the back floor board of my F-150....days like today...i was out of town but got off at 3pm, found a local driving range and hit a couple of buckets..never know when that's going to happen.

I leave mine in my car or in the garage...I've never given much thought to the damage I may be doing to them long-term though. Maybe I should re-think this.

I leave mine in my trunk when it's golf season (no snow)

I should be more careful. In 2000, I had my clubs stolen. Actually, it was worse than that. I had recently purchased a set of Ping i3s, and was living in Houston. I came down to Florida on business, and went to visit my dad. He liked my irons, and I liked his Ping Zing 2s better than the i3s. We agreed to trade irons for a few weeks until I was coming down again. Someone stole my dad's clubs out of my garage. I also had a brand new Ping staff bag, a Liquidmetal driver, Titleist Howitzer driver, Callaway Steelhead 3 wood, Ping MyDay putter, and various other random clubs in the bag. They also took my roommate's brand new Wilson Fat Shaft irons and Titleist woods. I had just gotten him into golf, and it was his first ever set. That was probably the angriest I have been in 20 years.

This thread gives someone a lot of leeway and info through Facebook names, phone lookups, etc.

I keep mines in the house. No questions asked. I know its safe from the elements and easy to find. If I know that I'm going golfing after work, I'll throw it in my car in the morning.

I keep mine inside during the winter. But in season they stay in my car

Tapa Slice

I've committed myself to treat my Morgan Cup set the same way. They're going to get a bath after each round or range session, and they will live inside.
I did that too. For about a week. I clean my clubs right before the next round. Wet a towel down and go at them.

This thread gives someone a lot of leeway and info through Facebook names, phone lookups, etc.
How's that? You still haven't liked my new Business page.

You should get one of these. I joke with my girlfriend every few months that I'm going to put this in our bedroom and she gets pissed everytime!

41HDoMi0a-L.jpg

I am treating ,y new clubs much better than my old TA2's. covers on every club So far storing in house. Trunk is soooo convenient!

I drive a small car, and my back seats haven't been upright in ages because keeping them down is the only way my clubs will fit in the trunk. I haven't read the entire thread, but I don't see what damage could be done by doing this, unless maybe if you lived in really cold climates? I'm in FL, so even if it gets down to the 20s, it's only a few times a year and I don't think that's cold enough to matter.

I did that too. For about a week. I clean my clubs right before the next round. Wet a towel down and go at them.

How's that? You still haven't liked my new Business page.

But I know where you live and that you keep your clubs in your car...

Always inside.

In the trunk during the season. Never know when an emergency round of golf might arise

I have a crew cab truck and they stay in the backseat. I keep my seats up so that they can have as much room as possible.

They are happier that way.

Keep in truck right now probably going to put inside when it gets really hot.

Trunk during the season, garage during the winter. I play too many impromptu rounds and driving range sessions to have it any other way
Sent from my Windows 8 Phone

Back