Ohio - 2013 THP Invitational Sponsored By Cleveland Golf

At the first invitational Charlie shot a new PB. Who did that today. Surely we had some great rounds out there too!

I wouldn't count on it, despite the winning score being the lowest at an invitational the course was playing tough

Just a quick your welcome to everyone. Yep, there's always one in the group and that was me today. Still managed a bogey (should have been a par but the punch hole has other ideas).

Anyways, had a great time and a huge thanks to GG and JB for bringing the event to Ohio and Cleveland for sponsoring. Big thanks to Dan and Mike for getting the course and dinner worked out. Write up will come in the appropriate thread.

Videos coming in the recap thread!

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2

Just got home, full write up tomorrow.

I want to Thank THP, JB, Morgan, Mike, Dan for all the work they put into this. I also want to Thank Cleveland for their sponsorship and allowing us the opportunity to demo their awesome products!

Tom, Gene (spelling) and Perry it was a blast teeing it up you guys today!!!! Perry, I do wish I could of scored better today and put us in contention. I still think we weren't too far off today from contending.

More to come tomorrow!

Great event. Was a blast! Thoughts tomorrow.

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

How's it looking down there? All the rain gone? I wanna golf!

How's it looking down there? All the rain gone? I wanna golf!

There was a very light rain as I was leaving this morning. You can tell it rained last night, but you guys should be fine. I would definitely tee it up if I could.

the precipitation forecasts have the rain fall in the .04 to .20 inches amount by 6 pm

I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my flight. Tip of the cap to CVG for not having gas stations nearby. I had to pay about $20 extra to fill up this morning because I couldn't find a place to fill up before taking the rental car back. Well played, CVG. Well played.

I wanted to again thank JB and GG for setting up the Ohio Invitational. If someone would have asked me if I was interested in flying to Ohio in late April to play golf, I would likely say "No. It's a cold wasteland there, and I'm not sure there are even golf courses." But, in reality, I had a really nice time this weekend, and I liked driving around the suburbs or CVG. Lots of green to look at.

Plus, I would pretty much go anywhere to play with other THPers. This is truly a special place filled with really awesome people. I've really yet to meet anyone at a THP event that was not fun to hang out with.

Thanks again to Mike and Dan for getting this gathering together. The course was challenging, but it was fun to play. The greens keeper should be punched in the face for some of the pin placements and for letting grass around the greens grow that thick, but I still enjoyed the course a lot. I thought that playing the course the day before would help my scoring, but I actually played worse during the Invitational. Not having JB's 20-yard gimmies seems to affect my score.

I also wanted to thank Cleveland/Srixon for sponsoring the event. As I expected, the Classic XL is a monster, and the TT irons are really solid. If I ever lose my last ounce of pride, I suspect I'll start looking into the altitudes. I imagine that a touring pro will eventually have a complete bag of those. Way too easy to hit.

The shot of our round yesterday had to go to dcB-Rad. On No. 9, he was in a fairway bunker about 75-80 yards from the green hitting his fourth shot. (Admittedly, I did not realize that bunker existed until I saw him in it.). At any rate, he caught the ball flush and put it within about five feet, including some spin back. Really impressive shot.

Apart from a couple longish drives, my best shot was on No. 17. It's a short Par 4 with a pond on the left/middle that is about 250 from the tee. The day before, I hit 3W and was about 10 yards short of the water. During the invitational, though, I was convinced that I could hit a draw with my driver around the right corner of the pond, setting up a terrific shot (likely at an awkward distance that I would have done nothing with). At any rate, I hit my drive directly into the water. I dropped at about 120 with a Srixon Z-Star. I hit a solid 50* to about a foot for an unusual up and down.

I'll post a couple more thoughts when I get home (my plane is about to board). But, again, thanks to everyone who attended for making this a great weekend.

Looking at radar, not bad at all, light rain from 11-11:30

Im not letting a little rain ruin golf with awesome THPERS, Rob and I are in

Who's with us??

Looking at radar, not bad at all, light rain from 11-11:30

Im not letting a little rain ruin golf with awesome THPERS, Rob and I are in

Who's with us??

I'm there (or will be in a bit).

Congrats to Zach and Jeremiah for bringing home the title. Zak and I had front row seats and they were solid all day long. Great fun to play with too. Well done guys.

Lets do this fellas, hardly any rain down there, carts are scattered its time to GOLF!

Enroute

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Dark dark sky coming behind me from the south

I had a good time also buddy! You can be my golfin partner anytime. Jim and Benji it was fun! I wish it would have been better golf all around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Same here had a great time! Thanks !

Thanks to everyone who put this together , to all that showed up, another great time , and to the guys in my group a special thanks for over looking my pitifull golf game. And thank you JB and golfergal for driving to Ohio and bring some fantastic goodies from Cleveland Golf.

Lets do this fellas, hardly any rain down there, carts are scattered its time to GOLF!

Mike,

Zenger and I completely over slept to check the radar. Sorry we are gonna miss teeing it up today with you guys!

Left my wallet in my pants from yesterday. Found a couple 20's in my center console...guess I'll try and tag along for 9 holes.

#idiot

JRod getting the round started. Nice finish!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367155397.607786.jpg

Another nice finish by CanaDan on #1 tee!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367155545.484002.jpg

Back