Blue tooth headsets

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been researching wireless blue tooth headphones to wear while practicing and exercising. I have no idea what I am looking at or if the review I am reading are any good. So I'd like to know if anyone has or is using them. I trust the opinions of the forum and would like so assistance.

i have an iPhone so they need to be compatible with that and my iPad. Thanks in advance.

i have an iPhone so they need to be compatible with that and my iPad. Thanks in advance.

Freddie, the world revolves around the iCrap. :angry:
It's us Droid folks that can never find anthing cool.

But this is interesting, as I sit here listening to my bluetooth desk speaker, I could get into some headphones myself. I'd guess they better fit really well, though.

I've had a few different headsets that I used primarily for running, but also tried for golf. I hate to say it, but I really didnt like either pair for either task. They were just too loose on my head and would move when I swung. They were both the behind the neck & in the ear type, rather than the type that goes over the top of your head and covers your ear like a traditional Beats style headphone. The battery life was good and easy to use, just didnt fit my head/ ears well enough.

Freddie, the world revolves around the iCrap. :angry:
It's us Droid folks that can never find anthing cool.

But this is interesting, as I sit here listening to my bluetooth desk speaker, I could get into some headphones myself. I'd guess they better fit really well, though.

I too have a bluetooth speaker, Big Jambox. I have used it at the range a few times and it works well, but it is a portable speaker. Because of that, I only used it when I am there by myself or if I can seclude myself to the chipping area. I got it originally to use at home, but it may also work great in a golf cart for those fun afternoon rounds with buddies and beers. I wouldnt use it during formal rounds but the battery does seem to last pretty long.

Freddie I have the Plantronics Backbeat 903+. I have used them on the range and they work pretty well. The volume is great and I find them to be quite comfortable. Good prices on Amazon too.

Maybe check into the Jaybird Blue Buds X.

They seem to be a solid set.

Freedie, I use the LG HBS-700 blue tooth Stereo Headset. They are not bad. They don't have the greatest sound quality, but actually work quite nice on the range. I have been using them for around 6 months and have even worn them during a round, once or twice. I have them connected with my Samsung s2.

Freedie, I use the LG HBS-700 blue tooth Stereo Headset. They are not bad. They don't have the greatest sound quality, but actually work quite nice on the range. I have been using them for around 6 months and have even worn them during a round, once or twice. I have them connected with my Samsung s2.

thanks guys, these two I have been reading up on and have been recommended by a few.

Freddie I have the Plantronics Backbeat 903+. I have used them on the range and they work pretty well. The volume is great and I find them to be quite comfortable. Good prices on Amazon too.
I will add these to the list, thanks for the feedback.

I will add these to the list, thanks for the feedback.

The Plantronics are a good set too. But if you're gonna be exercising in them or if it starts to rain on the range then they aren't waterproof.

The Plantronics are a good set too. But if you're gonna be exercising in them or if it starts to rain on the range then they aren't waterproof.

I actually never thought about this when using mine but thats a decent point. I love the fact that they will connect to 8 devices at once and the sound quality is incredible. I have mine connected to my phone, tablet, computer alaptop and work phone. Its great to be listening to music off the computer and still be able to have a call ring in and pause the music.

I have been looking at these too...thanks for the recommendations.

I welcome any comments, thanks to those that weighed in

i got beats by dre wireless before texas and i'm liking them i have used them for range sessions not sure now dumb i may look but they worked pretty well and did a great job at silencing everyone else that was there.

I have the JayBird Freedoms. I love them. They have great range if you do not want to keep your phone in your pocket. They have great controls. The sound is awesome. They have these things that keep them in your ear that is an amazing feature. And best of all, they are sweat proof. Great for those muggy afternoons in the South.

I've heard great things, I've never used them, but have always wanted to pick up a pair!

Thx for the tip Colt, these are the big winners for me. The sound quality is the best in ear I have ever experienced.

Thx for the tip Colt, these are the big winners for me. The sound quality is the best in ear I have ever experienced.

Im curious to know how these work on the range or when being active.

Not trying to be a smart alec here but that is exactly what they are designed for, so I would imagine they are as good as any.

I actually tried them on before and they stayed in place very well when jumping and moving around a lot. I even tried to tug them out a little bit and they stayed in place. I ended up going with the JayBird Sportband (SB2) because I like over the ear better than in the year.

Not trying to be a smart alec here but that is exactly what they are designed for, so I would imagine they are as good as any.

I get this but drivers are designed to go straight too... I just wanted a first hand experience.

The design of the ear buds has held them in place quite nicely. Snug fit and awesome deep sound.

Last edited:
Back