Forum Testing Signup - Puma Golf Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the opportunity PUMA and THP!!

1. What golf shoes are you currently using? PUMA Super Cell Fusion Ice - Punch Lime

2. Which of the two styles of these shoes do you like AND why? The AMP because of color, design and Ricky of course

3. Have you ever owned Puma shoes before? Yes for golf and everyday use

4. What size shoe do you wear in Puma? 9

Hey man, testers have already been selected.

i like this idea.
1. puma cell, adidas
2. i prefer the amp cell fusion, because the colors(go pokes) and more importantly, the look of support
3. i own my first now
4. i wear size 8 in puma.

Congrats to the testers

Walking today what may be my last round in something other than PUMAs.

Are any of the testors contemplating wearing a different shoe on each foot for one round of testing?

You will be the best tester of all time if you do this.

Are any of the testors contemplating wearing a different shoe on each foot for one round of testing?

Wouldn't think to do it any other way hahaha

I hadn't thought about doing that actually. That's not a bad idea though (other than the looks you'll get haha)

I'm going to compare them to my current two pairs of shoes, a pair of Footjoy Superlites and Footjoy Dryjoy Tours. I'll compare weight and comfort and even see if the spikes will make a difference if the OEM ones are one of the harder plastic ones instead of the pulsar softspike (for example). I know that might sound kinda weight but I've noticed the harder plastic ones aren't as flexible and bending as other brands can be. If they're not forgiving and flexible, does that somehow have to transfer to the foot as well to some extent?

I hadn't thought about doing that actually. That's not a bad idea though (other than the looks you'll get haha)

I'm going to compare them to my current two pairs of shoes, a pair of Footjoy Superlites and Footjoy Dryjoy Tours. I'll compare weight and comfort and even see if the spikes will make a difference if the OEM ones are one of the harder plastic ones instead of the pulsar softspike (for example). I know that might sound kinda weight but I've noticed the harder plastic ones aren't as flexible and bending as other brands can be. If they're not forgiving and flexible, does that somehow have to transfer to the foot as well to some extent?

I have some good ideas too. In college I was a footwear associate at a Dicks Sporting goods so I know some things to look out for when it comes to fit and support. Plan on focusing quite a bit on that throughout my reviews.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Love it, can't wait to hear your thoughts on your pair!

Traded some PMs with GG and it sounds like everything was sent in last week and it is in PUMA's hands! We could be kicking off testing any day now!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Congrats to a great bunch of testers! :clapp:

THE TESTERS:
AMP Cell Fusion
One-T
jlukes
bmik33

ZL Shoes:
War Eagle
Mward
Playdough

I actually had thought about wearing two different shoes but what each foot does is so different in the golf swing I'm not sure how much I would actually gain from it. Now I will put two different shoes on and stroll the house and the yard to test the comfort difference.

I actually had thought about wearing two different shoes but what each foot does is so different in the golf swing I'm not sure how much I would actually gain from it. Now I will put two different shoes on and stroll the house and the yard to test the comfort difference.

Yeah i was thinking about just walking a good amount in each shoe. One thought though is different sole heights can lead to discomfort in one shoe or the other that wouldn't be there if the sole heights were even.

Congrats to a great bunch of testers! :clapp:

THE TESTERS:
AMP Cell Fusion
One-T
jlukes
bmik33

ZL Shoes:
War Eagle
Mward
Playdough
congrats..
*I need to work harder to be selected on next tester thing

Very true on the sole heights. I didn't really factor that in. One thing I'm really going to pay attention too is the toe box area where the ball of foot it. Nike has a perfect toe box for me but the area just behind that where the ball of your foot sits is always a problem for me for anything I have tried on other than Nike and Tru. I have tried on Cell Fusions in past versions and found the toe box to be a little narrow so I will be interested to see how these will fit in that area being a different model with a new chassis/footbed design.

Congrats testers. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts - especially on width for us mastodons.

Fingers crossed for a package from PUMA when I get home from work today!

Anyone know which carrier puma ships with? (ups, FedEx, USPS, etc)

Anyone know which carrier puma ships with? (ups, FedEx, USPS, etc)

I've ordered from them before and I want to think when I ordered my pants from them, they used the smart post system. But I can't remember for sure.

But my mail has already came today and they had nothing for me.

Very true on the sole heights. I didn't really factor that in. One thing I'm really going to pay attention too is the toe box area where the ball of foot it. Nike has a perfect toe box for me but the area just behind that where the ball of your foot sits is always a problem for me for anything I have tried on other than Nike and Tru. I have tried on Cell Fusions in past versions and found the toe box to be a little narrow so I will be interested to see how these will fit in that area being a different model with a new chassis/footbed design.

Nike's have always been super comfortable, but the darn things really fall apart fast with a lot of use. I'd blow out the heel air cushion within 6 months and they'd get really grimy inside of them. If it was wet out, I'd hear a squish sound from the moisture that crept into the air pocket. Frustrating, cause they were always super comfortable.

Fingers crossed for a package from PUMA when I get home from work today!

Awesome man! I really hope I get a chance to see these bad boys in AC, what color did you get?

Congrats testers. Those black ones look mean!

Nothing from USPS or fedex today. Ups truck comes after 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back