TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

I was really hitting the 9 iron well today, maybe high 130 range, nice and high.

Wasn't finding the center of the face all the time but it wasn't punishing bad unless I really did something dumb.

I think there's some more distance there to as I was holding back some.

Also did some chipping practice with the AW, and when I figured out my issue was doing well.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Hit the RocketBladez well tonight. They do feel nice on solid shots. Launch and spin is too high right now for me and it's got me a little concerned. To the point that I'm losing yards that I'd rather not give up. Either I'm not as flat or I'm flipping I guess. Either way, I'd like to get that under control sooner than later.

Hit the RocketBladez well tonight. They do feel nice on solid shots. Launch and spin is too high right now for me and it's got me a little concerned. To the point that I'm losing yards that I'd rather not give up. Either I'm not as flat or I'm flipping I guess. Either way, I'd like to get that under control sooner than later.

I agree, they do feel nice on solid shots, not as clicky sounding out in the open as in the practice bays. I am sure it is just a swing issue for you and it will get straightened out.

I'm liking the shot shape. Little push draws for the most part. It's just a drastic difference in launch and spin compared to 3-4 months ago. It's been this way now for about a month. That's the way it goes though :D

I'm liking the shot shape. Little push draws for the most part. It's just a drastic difference in launch and spin compared to 3-4 months ago. It's been this way now for about a month. That's the way it goes though :D

I am leaving things to the right at the moment, I know my swing path is a bit off but one thing at a time so its certainly not the irons. I was a little worried that they would end up giving me really high shots and since I am a bit of a scooper I did not need any more height. Fortunately I am actually starting to learn to get my hands ahead of the ball and these irons have a nice penetrating mid ball flight when I hit them correctly.

For the most part, I'll eat the height up. It's a relatively new thing for me and I'm a fan.

My lefty Rocketbladez graphite 5-pw,aw,sw irons showed up today, they look pretty sweet . Good timing the weather has finally going to be decent this weekend ., got 36 holes planned.
I really don't expect to much the first round as the range isn't open and it will be guess work on distances and ball flight . Really pumped to try these babies out.
gb

Looking forward to mitch and me attacking twisted Dune tomorrow with the rocketbladez. Lots of tough iron shots on this course and will really put the bladez to the test.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

After practicing, I played 2 quick holes, first hole I had a horrible tee shot then hit the 5i, went 180 ish but man oh man did I pure that thing it felt so great, and climbed and climbed then a nice descent.

Not as high as I like but very good ball flight for what I've been seeing with my long irons.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Looking forward to mitch and me attacking twisted Dune tomorrow with the rocketbladez. Lots of tough iron shots on this course and will really put the bladez to the test.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE
Probably won't work for either of u, should probably just get rid of them to another thper :)

Probably won't work for either of u, should probably just get rid of them to another thper :)

Lol mike didn't you see the two sets in the marketplace recently for a steal of a price?

Lol mike didn't you see the two sets in the marketplace recently for a steal of a price?

Yeah saw them, would prefer to trade but if not ebay is cheaper at the moment

Oh, I found a slight issue With my Rocketbladez today.

There something loose in the 4i, I don't what it is, or if I should be worried about it but it's there.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

What do you mean loose? Is the head moving or do you just hear something when you swing it?

Hmm a better way to say it is there is some rattling in the shaft if you turn it upside down.

Like there some debris in it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

That's epoxy that broke free and is now banging around in there. It's annoying. You can pull the grip and shake it out if you want to though.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if epoxy was used on irons.

I guess it'll be fine for now.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I ordered my RocketBladez a couple weeks ago and got them delivered on Tuesday when it was 80* in Sconnie, so I was super excited to start to figure out my distances. However, on Tuesday it rained all day and Wednesday (May 1st) we got 10" of snow:banghead:. Sooooo....the Bladez are going to have to wait I guess.

That's the worst story I've ever heard.

I think the same thing happened to me.

Obviously the Rocketbladez control weather. Makes sense that 5i smashes balls like thors hammer.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Totally forgot to post some insights/shots from my rounds on Tues/wed of this week!!

Wed round is fresh in my mind, I played the back 9 at my home course. The fist really nice shot I had came on the tee of the par-3 184yd 12th, pin in front, wind from right to left slightly helping at about 3-5mph. I pured a 6i with a slight draw to pin high 6ft right of the pin (and yes I made the putt for bird). Felyt maazing to put a smooth swing and watch the ball get up and go!

The other shot that stood out was one that got me out of trouble on a long par-4. I hooked my drive left and under a tree and was left with about 170yds into the wind to a green protected with a large bunker in front. The ball was sitting up, and I had plenty of room to swing, but had to keep it low for 10yds or so to get under a branch. I took a nice smooth swing again with the 6i which stayed under the brance, climbed up and dropped soft about 30ft right of the pin. I was shocked!!

I'm starting to get used to the stock Rocketfuel stiff shaft characteristics and have found that if my transition isn't smooth and I'm trying to "get after it," the shaft punishes me and the ball doesn't go anywhere near where I want it to. Patience is certainly a virtue with the stock shaft! I'm curious to try these more extensively with the KBS tours or PX 6.0's to see the differences.

In all, I LOVE these irons and they continue to impress me time and again!

I had a pretty nice range session with the Bladez today. Here is my 8i after about 15-20 balls:

As you can see, I was tending toward hitting the ball a little low but not too bad. Shots on the lowest grooves were straight but lower trajectory with more roll out. Shots higher on the face were beautiful - high, long and straight.

I had a pretty nice range session with the Bladez today. Here is my 8i after about 15-20 balls:

As you can see, I was tending toward hitting the ball a little low but not too bad. Shots on the lowest grooves were straight but lower trajectory with more roll out. Shots higher on the face were beautiful - high, long and straight.

at least you hit in the same spot and know what the ball is going to do off the face

at least you hit in the same spot and know what the ball is going to do off the face

Oh, definitely. I'll take mostly straight with varying trajectory 7 days a week. As for the mark being in the same spot, that was one of the better range sessions I've had in a while.

I love these clubs and think they are great GI sticks. I still think TM does itself a disservice by allowing its marketing to overshadow the quality of their products at times (I'm beginning to notice the same thing with the R1 driver).

Oh, definitely. I'll take mostly straight with varying trajectory 7 days a week. As for the mark being in the same spot, that was one of the better range sessions I've had in a while.

I love these clubs and think they are great GI sticks. I still think TM does itself a disservice by allowing its marketing to overshadow the quality of their products at times (I'm beginning to notice the same thing with the R1 driver).

I wish they would market them as more accurate not just longer
I think they are great sticks and easy to hit

Back