TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

And forgiving., as long as I don't hit the extreme toe or hotel the clubs are forgiving.

And the best part is I can tell where the miss is.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

And forgiving., as long as I don't hit the extreme toe or hotel the clubs are forgiving.

And the best part is I can tell where the miss is.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I'll take the toe forgiveness of these over my existing iron, sometimes a 20 yard difference.

Yeha I think the tour 90's would be similar to the existing stock shaft, the tour's however could be just right

I'm debating changing shafts and having never hit KBS tours or tour 90's not sure which way to go.. I currently have the stock regular shafts in my set (5 to PW) and while overall i like the set because i got it off the shelf.. would like to customize it now.

Pardon my mad scientis, random thoughts but i think for me i'm onto something.. for whatever reason the shaft size i think would be excellent for me is the one found in most in titleist vokey wedges..in my hands the shaft size feel perfect, smaller than the ones in the stock Rbladez irons - which made me think if i could get a KBS tour 90 shaft which hopefully was the same diameter(??) of the dynamic gold shaft from titleist wedges, I would be set.

The other thing i thought to do is get the shaft lengths standard, as I've noticed that the rbladez irons are longer than standard clubs. (I grip down most times anyways.. 5'8" tall)

Anyways.. those are my thoughts/plans of tinkering with my set and wondering if anyone's thought about something like this or done it and what results they had.. Thanks guys...

I hit the RocketBladez some yesterday. I hit TM 300 forged right now. The face size of the clubhead isn't that much bigger on the RocketBladez, but they certainly have a thicker top line, and a thicker sole. I came away feeling ok about the irons, nothing that really got me going. They were a full club longer, which was expected given the lofts. They also launched 5* higher, which was surprising.

Overall, they were very nice clubs, and I think a good buy for someone looking for a GI iron. However, I was more interested in the RocketBladez tour model, and so I passed on the standard Rocketbladez.

~Rock

I hit the RocketBladez some yesterday. I hit TM 300 forged right now. The face size of the clubhead isn't that much bigger on the RocketBladez, but they certainly have a thicker top line, and a thicker sole. I came away feeling ok about the irons, nothing that really got me going. They were a full club longer, which was expected given the lofts. They also launched 5* higher, which was surprising.

Overall, they were very nice clubs, and I think a good buy for someone looking for a GI iron. However, I was more interested in the RocketBladez tour model, and so I passed on the standard Rocketbladez.

~Rock

I appreciate that you also mentioned launch, as that really is the answer to the normal observation that the extra distance is due to lofts being stronger.

I think you pretty much nailed it. They are really great GI clubs but people looking for a different club profile may be happier elsewhere.

I swapped out my Ping G10's for RocketBladez a few days ago. I've basically got two full rounds and about 15 minutes of range time with them, but I like what I see so far.

I don't think I've gained a huge distance over the G10's, but I'm actually reaching my intended distances more often. For example, the 6i is still my "160" club, but I feel like I'm actually hitting it 160 more often than I did the G10's - maybe 70% of the time vs 40% of the time. I really haven't had enough swings to draw that conclusion, but that's how it feels so far.

They do seem to have brought a bit of a fade into play. However, I've had no trouble pulling off a couple of big hooks to get out of trouble, so I guess I just need a little time to get dialed-in to the different look/feel - probably just close the face a tiny bit at setup.

I got to hit these in AC and I am in serious ponder mode now. I have been in the market for new irons for quite some time and these are at the top of my list. I can't wait to read this entire thread.

I got to hit these in AC and I am in serious ponder mode now. I have been in the market for new irons for quite some time and these are at the top of my list. I can't wait to read this entire thread.

Wish I would have known you were pondering irons. Would have definitely let you hit them on the range Friday!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Sweet! Be sure to ask questions, most of us testers are still pretty active in the thread and will be happy to answer whatever we can.

I'm with golfmasta thinking about changing shafts. Just won a set of DG S 300's on the bay for next to nothing. Anyone switch to heavier shafts and what's the verdict? Thanks

Well, I continue to hit the 9i, PW, AW, and now the 6i absolutely perfectly.

The others I need to work with a bit.

The 4i, and 5i have issues I can hit the great or not great, today they where short way short.

Overall still love these clubs!

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I'm with golfmasta thinking about changing shafts. Just won a set of DG S 300's on the bay for next to nothing. Anyone switch to heavier shafts and what's the verdict? Thanks
A couple of guys switched shafts, hopefully one or more of them can respond here. You may want to try doing a search within this thread on those shafts. If anyone has gamed them - which I think someone has - you will get their feedback quickly that way.

Rhyno is using a pretty heavy shaft in them. I think stevie-a as well, though I might be off on that.

I hit the irons ok over the weekend. Had some very good shots and some stinkers. A handful that actually hurt me or were way short/offline.

A couple of guys switched shafts, hopefully one or more of them can respond here. You may want to try doing a search within this thread on those shafts. If anyone has gamed them - which I think someone has - you will get their feedback quickly that way.

Hey there. I have FST90s in mine. Reduced the length of the shafts a little from the stocks, so more like 'old school' normal length. I have a much stronger sense of where the club head is, and therefore more control. Have I lost length from the stocks? I think probably yes, and I have definitely lost some of the height. I feel that I have gained some control and some consistency. (Although not today! But that was me, not the sticks!)

I play mine with a heavy shaft, KBS Tour xstiff, which come in at 130+ grams.

I love them. I was fitted for the DG x100, KBS Tour xstiff, and project x 6.5 (or 6.0 I'm not 100% on which) and right away I loved them I could feel the club head and the control was way better then the stock shaft for me.

The ball flight with the KBS, is just awesome, and pretty predictable which is saying something for me because I don't have the best swing.

I don't know what it changed the swing weight to, but I want to find out and the get my other clubs to play similar because I just love how these clubs feel.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I play mine with a heavy shaft, KBS Tour xstiff, which come in at 130+ grams.

I love them. I was fitted for the DG x100, KBS Tour xstiff, and project x 6.5 (or 6.0 I'm not 100% on which) and right away I loved them I could feel the club head and the control was way better then the stock shaft for me.

The ball flight with the KBS, is just awesome, and pretty predictable which is saying something for me because I don't have the best swing.

I don't know what it changed the swing weight to, but I want to find out and the get my other clubs to play similar because I just love how these clubs feel.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

thanks guys..Hawk/Rhyno/ Tequila4kapp...I will definitely take the thoughts into consideration.. I love the heads alot, and just really feel if i can get the shaft size to match what i think is the perfect size for me and my hands, then i'm all set.. It's weird but a dynamic gold shaft in a vokey wedge is (for me!) the perfect shaft size and if i can just get that same diameter of a shaft for all the irons, then I'm good.

The stock shafts in the rbladez now to me are a tad bit bigger than i would like, and am hoping that the kbs tour 90s are what i'm after.. we shall see.. I'll keep you guys posted on my journey.. :)

Good luck!

So, in relation o my previous post, I was interested in what my swing weight with these clubs where.

They start off as d3.5 with the 85g steel rocketfuel shaft.

I have KBS Tour xstiff, which are 130g, plus midsized grips.

Just crunching the numbers that's a 5 point swing weight increase on the shaft alone.

Is that right? I want to try adding lead tape to my driver to see if it helps.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I dream of these irons daily...they will be mine, its just a matter of time now

I dream of these irons daily...they will be mine, its just a matter of time now

I hit the 9 and 6 in AC and absolutely loved them! I am in the market for irons for my birthday in July and I am hoping that by then they will have dropped significantly in price.

I hit the 9 and 6 in AC and absolutely loved them! I am in the market for irons for my birthday in July and I am hoping that by then they will have dropped significantly in price.

Sounds like a great wedding present from your fiance :)

Sounds like a great wedding present from your fiance :)

Hmmmm genius dude! Now to start laying the ground work hahah

I seem to be finding the heel quite a bit here recently and not so sure what the cause would be. I took a W/S FG Tour V2 to the range with me last night and hit it along with these quite a bit. Interestingly, I didn't have the heel issues with the V2. It was higher (and a bit shorter) than the RocketBladez, but didn't quite draw as much and I was in the center of the face more. Interesting stuff and I'm wondering why that was the case.

I seem to be finding the heel quite a bit here recently and not so sure what the cause would be. I took a W/S FG Tour V2 to the range with me last night and hit it along with these quite a bit. Interestingly, I didn't have the heel issues with the V2. It was higher (and a bit shorter) than the RocketBladez, but didn't quite draw as much and I was in the center of the face more. Interesting stuff and I'm wondering why that was the case.

Check both length and lie angle of both irons.

Back