2013 Srixon Q-Star - Review Thread

I wouldnt say that I have a higher swing speed, but off the tee and for longer clubs I definitely prefer the Z Star.
Me too man. I have done so many tests with these balls compared to the Zstar and these just dont do well for me off the tee. Maybe its a mental thing. But, I wanna love these because of the price point.

The Z-Star is just hard to beat in general. That's a great ball.

The Z-Star is just hard to beat in general. That's a great ball.
I agree. I am loving the XV. That ball has been such a good ball for me.

It really ended up being one of the biggest surprises of the whole thing last year for me.

Me too man. I have done so many tests with these balls compared to the Zstar and these just dont do well for me off the tee. Maybe its a mental thing. But, I wanna love these because of the price point.
Im with ya there dude. Q Star is a solid performer, for sure, and the price point is awesome. But, off the tee and for my longer game, the Z Star out performs it. Green side, I see similar results out of them. Spin is consistent, and fell is about the same for me. I do think I get a bit more of the hop & stop with the Z Star with my iron and wedges shots in to the green though.

Im with ya there dude. Q Star is a solid performer, for sure, and the price point is awesome. But, off the tee and for my longer game, the Z Star out performs it. Green side, I see similar results out of them. Spin is consistent, and fell is about the same for me. I do think I get a bit more of the hop & stop with the Z Star with my iron and wedges shots in to the green though.
I think there is more hop and stop. hell, I pulled an XV back about 8 feet the other day. For real! I dont see that happening with a QStar. I bought 2 dozen SL's to try out.

I think there is more hop and stop. hell, I pulled an XV back about 8 feet the other day. For real! I dont see that happening with a QStar. I bought 2 dozen SL's to try out.
I have to wonder if the SL makes the cut for their new ball line this year?

I have to wonder if the SL makes the cut for their new ball line this year?
well, if i love it....I sure as hell hope so. haha

I'm with you guys in the z star love. I've been putting the SL against the q and the SL is winning for me.
You seeing less spin off the driver with the SL?

You seeing less spin off the driver with the SL?

My swing has been coming around. So much so that my miss has been a pull left lately and not the giant sweeping slice.

While the distance is similar I'm seeing a but more with the SL and I prefer it on approach shots and on the green.

My swing has been coming around. So much so that my miss has been a pull left lately and not the giant sweeping slice.

While the distance is similar I'm seeing a but more with the SL and I prefer it on approach shots and on the green.
Nice dude, glad that swing is coming around. Stil holding that baby bird?

Nice dude, glad that swing is coming around. Stil holding that baby bird?

Most of the time. It gets crushed every once in a while. Hit 12 of 14 fairways last weekend. Played the z star SL

Most of the time. It gets crushed every once in a while. Hit 12 of 14 fairways last weekend. Played the z star SL
Thats very awesome !!! Good for you buddy!!

Got a sleeve at the Ohio invitational...

They don't compare to the DUOs!!!! Short game aside as it wasn't really tested today. The irons and woods felt basically dead. Didn't feel firm like the HBT that I like and didn't feel like I was compressing them like the DUO. Just felt blah. Even off the putter. I'm not impressed.

QStar 2013 - I am finally free

QStar 2013 - I am finally free

I have tried just about every ball under the sun the past several years you name it I tried it. I eventually came to the XV which I loved but really didn't feel that I got the performance for the price I was paying it was fantastic off the driver and irons but when it came to around the green it just didn't work for me. I had tried the original QStar and alternated between it and the XV. Slowly over time I eventually fully transitioned over to the QStar primarily because I think the price to performance ratio for this ball is one of the best (talking normal retail not closeout/sale pricing for old/outgoing models). The one thing lacking on the QStar was the spin around the green. Once I heard of the 2013 changes I was hoping that it would make the ball complete for me. After many rounds this year I can say I think I am finally content with a golf ball.

Soft feel off of all clubs - CHECK
Low spin off the driver - CHECK
Consistent distance off clubs - CHECK
Approach shots hold the green - CHECK
Pitch shots check up - CHECK
Durable - CHECK
Yellow - CHECK
Inexpensive - CHECK
Readily available - CHECK
Bad shots not as magnified - DOUBLE CHECK

While there are other balls that may be better in one aspect or another there are typically tradeoffs. But with the QStar in short it is doing everything i can ask of it. No more ball shopping for me.

I agree fully deafninja, I have been really impressed by the new QStar. Right now, the B330/Rx is my tour level ball of choice with the QStar as my mid level ball of choice. Since the greens are still so soft here, no reason for me to game the tour level balls right now.

Once the greens firm up, I plan to but the B330/RX and the Z Star XV into a head to head battle.

I played a sleeve of these yesterday and was pretty impressed. I usually play the nxt tour S, as I don't like paying a lot for balls since I typically don't own then for very long lol. And to put it simply I just can't afford higher quality. These are 10-11 dollars cheaper so I have them a go. The first thought was "these don't feel like a $2 ball" they weren't as soft or comfortable as others I've played, but I felt like these were very playable and come at an awesome price.

I've really liked the this years Q-Star offering but was have also enjoyed the Z-Star SL.
I need to do a little more head to head but in all honesty if they stay as close in performance as they are right now I would put the Q-Star on top for the price point advantage.

I think the speed skin helps with the feel of the ball especially on putts and for me that's a huge improvement over the prior Q-Stars.

Just switched to this ball. I think Cleveland are going to be calling me pretty soon to be an official promoter because I'm now sporting the Srixon ball and Cleveland putter, 588 RTX wedges, irons and about to get fitted for the Classic XL Custom driver and possibly XL 3W as well.

I have found my ball. Just got back from a little golf trip and played these for the first time. I came away very impressed. I also tried some ProV1X as well as some NXT Tour-S and these were by far my fave. I normally don't spin balls back on short irons but with these Q-stars I was getting some action. I play a fade which seems to be a slice whenever my ego forces me to play a premium ball. These Q-stars had a slight fade with the driver but I was most impressed by the feel with my irons as well as my putter. Love these balls!!

Great reviews in here. Picking some up tonight to try out tomorrow. Love the price for what seems to be a really solid ball.

I think you'll really enjoy them, especially the 2013 version.
Going yellow or white?

Going white for sure. Always been nervous about what others would say about gaming a yellow ball. Nothing against it though.

Back