Puma ZL Golf Shoes - Forum Testing Review

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Puma has sent out their ZL Shoes to forum members for review. The testers should be receiving their shoes soon, and this thread will serve for their thoughts and reviews for them.

Please keep it clear until the testers can post their initial feed back, Thanks!

The Puma ZL Golf shoes showed up in Sarasota today, and I was able to snap some pictures of them to get up some initial thoughts....

8A98D389-orig_zpsf7307879.jpg

B9E27A22-orig_zps20bbc192.jpg

B2532084-orig_zpsa806b891.jpg

This is the first pair of Puma golf shoes I have ever had, so I dont have others to compare them to within the brand. However, I am blown away by the looks of these. A Classic looking shoe in terms of color and style, but with that added Puma flare that sets them apart.

I have my 9 hole league tonight, and these will be worn. Cant wait to try them out and get some thoughts on these.

The Puma ZL Golf shoes showed up in Sarasota today, and I was able to snap some pictures of them to get up some initial thoughts....

8A98D389-orig_zpsf7307879.jpg

B9E27A22-orig_zps20bbc192.jpg

B2532084-orig_zpsa806b891.jpg

This is the first pair of Puma golf shoes I have ever had, so I dont have others to compare them to within the brand. However, I am blown away by the looks of these. A Classic looking shoe in terms of color and style, but with that added Puma flare that sets them apart.

I have my 9 hole league tonight, and these will be worn. Cant wait to try them out and get some thoughts on these.

Do they fit true to size or in comparison to your other shoes?

very nice looking.
would you say that these are sort of "low profile"?

Great stuff War! Really looking forward to following along this thread to compare it to the ACF thread. Just got home and nothing yet, but UPS doesn't deliver here until after 5:30 or so, so fingers crossed! Should be today or tomorrow!

In regards to the shoes, I tweeted back an forth yesterday with PUMA regarding the main differences between the ZL and ACF:

Joe Lukes @jlukes06 May
@PUMAGolf what are the main differences between AMP Cell Fusion and ZL Golf Shoe?

PUMA GOLF
@PUMAGolf
@jlukes ZL has a carbon fiber shank & lux look, Find out more details on each here:bit.ly/15kGrb7 & bit.ly/10Cexi3

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them War. Now how did yours get to Sarasota before mine got to Tampa?! :angry:

Do they fit true to size or in comparison to your other shoes?
I would say they fit true to size.
very nice looking.
would you say that these are sort of "low profile"?
Yes, I would. Lower cut than others around the ankle. I like that about them.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them War. Now how did yours get to Sarasota before mine got to Tampa?! :angry:

Simple, Sarasota is better.

Simple, Sarasota is better.

At.. Reverse mortgages? Hoveround sales? Early bird specials?

Back on topic, did they come UPS or FedEx?

At.. Reverse mortgages? Hoveround sales? Early bird specials?

Back on topic, did they come UPS or FedEx?

They came via FedEx.

Thanks. Puma's always look small to me and I've heard they ran small. Never owned an Puma shoes or spikes so I was curious, there are a few I like but just did not need any shoes at the time.

Thanks. Puma's always look small to me and I've heard they ran small. Never owned an Puma shoes or spikes so I was curious, there are a few I like but just did not need any shoes at the time.

They do look small and the toe box is narrow (from the ones I tried on in the store), but they I wear a 9.5 and the 9.5 fit me perfectly.

Not sure if this helps but I loved the Amp Cell Fusion Limited shoe from last year so much I bought two pairs (orange and blue). That particular model did fit true to size and were even a little wide in the toe box. The most impressive thing about them to me is that the spikes coupled with the additional, smaller spikes that are a part of the sole, give great traction and stability and the soles actually last. The leather (faux leather) is a great grade and last as well. I am VERY impressed by Puma shoes but didn't like this year's Amp Cell line, however, I am very interested in the ZL line. Wish they had more colors but I get it that they want this line to be more "boring" than the Cells.

Yes, I would. Lower cut than others around the ankle. I like that about them.

noted...
next question:

my Puma AMP Sports fit pretty nicely and are super comfortable, but i've noticed that they are "spacious".
my feet don't move around in them, but there seems to be a lot of room in the shoe...if that makes any sense. it's a nice feeling, but i also don't mind shoes that sort of form fit my foot.

what's your take on the ZL's?

Seems I have a package I'm enroute to pick up

noted...
next question:

my Puma AMP Sports fit pretty nicely and are super comfortable, but i've noticed that they are "spacious".
my feet don't move around in them, but there seems to be a lot of room in the shoe...if that makes any sense. it's a nice feeling, but i also don't mind shoes that sort of form fit my foot.

what's your take on the ZL's?
Im actually surprised at the room in the shoe, especially in the toe area. My foot doesnt float in them by any means, but it's not a form fit.

Puma can run narrow in the middle near the arch, how are these Ryan? Did you feel any pinching? Or foot fatigue from the arch area?

Solid first look War! I am a fan of the Puma design but I feel they wrinkle rather quickly where the foot bends to walk. I'll be interested to see if these are an improvement on that.

Puma can run narrow in the middle near the arch, how are these Ryan? Did you feel any pinching? Or foot fatigue from the arch area?
No pinching at all, Freddie. The only concern I had from this afternoon wearing them was a slight blister on my upper heel near my ankle.

Shoes are in! Thank you so much again to THP and to Puma for these awesome shoes and the chance to review them. Right out of the package, first thing I notice... They're white! Summer heat, the white will feel significantly more comfortable in the heat than the black with white accent model. Cannot tell you how much that will make a difference in testing these.

img0897b.jpg

img0898dg.jpg

img0899ew.jpg

img0900o.jpg

Right out the box, these are beautiful looking shoes. The lines are clean, and the shoes are incredibly light feeling. I can't wait to give these go, and they will be heavily as I've got 36 holes planned for Friday.

Great pics! You can really see the detail work in the ZL that gives it sort of a retro flair. Love it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I really like the look of those

Great pics! You can really see the detail work in the ZL that gives it sort of a retro flair. Love it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

The back of the shoe almost has like a vinyl feel to it. I love the minor pattern on it as well. The black down the sides looks really sharp as well. First impression of them is that this is a really really cool shoe and I'm really excited for these.

Hum..I haven't gotten mine. Probably tomorrow for me. Being in the rural city of Indianapolis and all. Wonder if I'll get Black/White or the White/Black like you two.

I was fully expecting a whisper video Wardy!! Was pleasantly surprised that i didn't have to crank up my speakers hahaha!

Great start. I like the surprise finding out they were the white ones. Puma keeping you on your toes!

Back