What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered another adapter for the X-Hot, I love the nice highball flight I am getting with the C Kua I installed but now I want a lower launching shaft for the summer days ahead when the fairways are harder and there is more roll to be had.

3 boxes of the TP Black on the Divot Deal of the Day.

You wont regret this. Easy to hit and crazy straight...These are almost like cheating with the belly putter!!!!

This is exactly what I'm hoping for - easy and straight. I've come to grips with the fact that I'm never going to be a scratch golfer, just want to go out there, hit better shots and shoot better scores. I'll play whatever clubs help me do that - don't care what they look like.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for - easy and straight. I've come to grips with the fact that I'm never going to be a scratch golfer, just want to go out there, hit better shots and shoot better scores. I'll play whatever clubs help me do that - don't care what they look like.

These irons + a fairway finder + good putting + course management and scratch isnt out of reach man! Be ready for your GIRs to go up.

Razr X 5 hybrid.

I love these hybrids. The 5i from my set is perfectly fine but the hybrids are just so easy to hit that this has been a long time ponder. A Stiff finally came available at Callawaypreowned so I snatched it up quickly.

You will be very impressed, I bag the RAZR 21 DEGREE 3 HYBRID which will be very similar to the razr x model which came after my razr model. They are long high and accurate, very easy to hit. CONGRATS

Traded my ATV 56 wedge for an XFT TP 56 wedge.

Two wedges my buddy and I went in on showed up today, a flop and a super flop. 70* and 75*, looking forward to messing around with them.

Just worked out a deal for a cobra amp driver for my brother from a THPer.

Finally pulled the trigger on one of my longest ponders ever. TM R11S TP with the Black Tie!! Couldn't pass up the deal on global golf.

Bought a set of Ping Eye 2 irons (1-W) this morning. Been playing Hogan Apex Edge irons, but missed my old Pings.

Changed shafts in a couple of drivers and hit the Covert for the first time.

well, I did my driver, 2 hybrid and 4 hybrid... regripped them and waiting for them to be ready to hit some balls at the range tomorrow

got 2 TM shirts and a pair of shorts this morning in the mail they looked so good i then ordered 2 more pair of shorts and a pair of shoes.

I'm not sure what thread this belonged in, so I'm putting it here because utlimately I bought an R1 driver.

PGA Superstores in Atlanta are running their 50% trade in bonus deal right now. I don't know if they are doing this nationwide -- they don't really advertise it much, and the signs in the store don't even say when the deal will end.

So, I figured it was time to get rid of my 910 driver, 3 wood and hybrid that have been threatening to sell in the marketplace for over a year.

The guy starts checking out the value of my clubs, and he asks if I have the wrench. I had just used the wrench to put the stock shaft back in my driver, and I knew I left the wrench in my garage, so I asked him if the wrench was important. "Well, if someone wants to buy the clubs, they will want the wrench."

"Sure," I said, "but what I really meant was, is there any monetary value to me in bringing in the wrench?"

"$20", he says.

Its about a 10-15 minute drive to my house from the store, so I figured that wasn't quite worth $20. "Would y'all give me $20 if I bring the wrench in later?"

"Nope. You have to turn it in with the driver."

So he starts to total everything up, and it turns out what they do is deduct $20 from the trade-in value of your driver if you don't have the wrench. Plus, he was doing this before adding in the 50% bonus, so he was really about to cost me $30. "$30 for that wrench seems kind of steep."

"Well, if someone buys your clubs and wants the wrench, it will cost them about $25 to get it..."

Now, this was starting to annoy me. I have bought quite a few pre-owned clubs from PGA SS, and they rarely have the headcover, much less the adjustment wrench. They just laughed at me when I bought my Razr Fit there and asked if they had the wrench. Plus, $30, was almost worth driver home for......so I told him to wait, and hang on to my paperwork, and that I would return with the wrench.

I went home and got the wrench. Total travel time, including walking through the parking lot twice, was 25 minutes. When I got inside things got WAY BETTER....

They guy was standing there with his manager. He says, "First, Mr. [Rusty], let me apologize for sending you home to get the wrench. We are doing this trade in bonus deal, and my manager says I should have just waived the $20 deduction. So, to make it up to you, we are gong to add an additional $20 to the value of your driver, giving you an extra $30 of store credit. And thank you very much for bringing us the headcovers and the wrench."

Then his manager shook my hand and told me they appreciate my business, and offered to help me find the new clubs I would be purchasing with my store credit!

With the 50% bonus, I got $318 for my 3 clubs. I possibly could have done a little better on ebay, or in the marketplace, but this was easier and quicker (if you overlook the trip back home to get the wrench!). So, my R1 was less than $100 cash to go with my trade-in....and so far its a beast.

I played 9 holes yesterday afternoon, and shot 35. I hit 6 GIRs for the 9 holes, missing both of the par 3s (not the driver's fault!), and having one approach shot roll through the green to the fringe. 2 of my 7 drivers were off the heel, but they stayed in the fairway and were obviously playable. The other 5 were each the longest drives I had ever hit on those particular holes. I'm sure there is a little placebo effect going on there, but I just might enjoy my golf this weekend!

Had the CG-16 set re-gripped with black Golf Pride.

Picked up some swiftwick socks to try out

Wear them on demo day. You will thank me
That is why I bought them... But the only had the Zeros.... So I will look for an additional pairs of "ones"

Just a black w/ American flags SeeMore headcover for my recently purchased mFGP.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

A new Mizuno MP-52 6-iron clubhead for just $12, shipped. I already have the MP-52's but only 7-PW.

Also, a cobra ZL/S3 shaft adapter. Just have to decide which shaft to put it on. Epic Tour or Pershing, hmm...

Picked up some swiftwick socks to try out

Remind me to ask you about those after demo day. I've been thinking about those for golf and running. A little pricey, but definitely worth it if they perform well.

Nice work, Russell.

Did the trade in bonus only apply to new club purchases? I have some really old FWs that I'd like to get rid of, and it would be nice to get a little bump on the trade in, but I don't need new cubs.

just snagged another TM Shirt off the bay. i think i'm done for a while now. well hopefully the Demo day has me worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back