Missouri - 2013 THP Invitational Series Sponsored By Lamkin

Ive PMed about 15 people and all that I have heard back from weren't interested in attending unfortunately. Still trying to garner interest, and am PMing anyone I see that is close to this event.

No worries buddy. Its going to be an amazing time and if people don't want to go, that is up to them.

I'm just going to guess, obviously I don't run these things, so this is pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing there may be a final little rush of people who join up to this event the last couple of weeks in June. People will know their schedules better, and especially in the upper midwest, golf fever took a little while to catch on because the spring was so cold and wet. And it snowed in May.

Besides, who wouldn't want to come to this. Beautiful course (or courses for those playing multiple days), great THPers to golf with, and Lamkin Grip samples and Gripes. I just put on the Lamkin grips I got from THP-Iowa event last year, and I'm loving those things, and since they are white, I'll be able to put those Gripes to the test.

~Rock

I'm just going to guess, obviously I don't run these things, so this is pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing there may be a final little rush of people who join up to this event the last couple of weeks in June. People will know their schedules better, and especially in the upper midwest, golf fever took a little while to catch on because the spring was so cold and wet. And it snowed in May.

Besides, who wouldn't want to come to this. Beautiful course (or courses for those playing multiple days), great THPers to golf with, and Lamkin Grip samples and Gripes. I just put on the Lamkin grips I got from THP-Iowa event last year, and I'm loving those things, and since they are white, I'll be able to put those Gripes to the test.

~Rock

Great post. And I think (and hope) you are right. The weather is finally cooperating here after a really brutal winter and spring (we didn't even have a spring, to be honest) and I think once post-Outing blues start settling in, we will see this thing take off. I mean, we have three highly rated and award winning courses lined up, an awesome sponsor, and a great group of guys already committed.

Where is Smallville? I think this is only a few hours from him. Really isnt it only a few hours from just about everybody in KC? We have dozens of members in that area.

Lots of people wanted KC as a stop for 2014, Id hope more of them can make the few hour trip to support this year's event

Lots of people wanted KC as a stop for 2014, Id hope more of them can make the few hour trip to support this year's event

As do I mikedean. I am wondering if people are having to decide between Chicago and Branson, but I am hoping that isnt the case. I will continue to talk to people and try to convince them to get in. I want this thing full

Me too MD. Me too.

This year's events obviously play a role in deciding next years.

As do I mikedean. I am wondering if people are having to decide between Chicago and Branson, but I am hoping that isnt the case. I will continue to talk to people and try to convince them to get in. I want this thing full

yeah hard to say, could definitely be the case though maybe back to back weekends are no bueno.

But in the end you have definitely done your fair share of trying to fill it up, im sure with 2 months left there will be more signups and regardless like JB said those that attend will be in for a good time

Come on Missouri, ShowMe whatcha got.

That goes for you Jayhawks on the wrong side of the state line too.

Branson is two months after the outing. Sold out or not, I am going to be pumped for this and I'm going to have a freaking blast with those that supported the event.

Ive PMed about 15 people and all that I have heard back from weren't interested in attending unfortunately. Still trying to garner interest, and am PMing anyone I see that is close to this event.
You pm'd me and I didn't say that. I was surprised it wasn't already full though. I'm going to plan to attend but with my job it is day to day. And it's going to have to be a day trip.

You pm'd me and I didn't say that. I was surprised it wasn't already full though. I'm going to plan to attend but with my job it is day to day. And it's going to have to be a day trip.

Sorry, you were the only one who didnt say that. My apologies

Is everyone else as excited as I am about THP-Branson after a weekend of Outing posts, pics and recaps?!?!?!

~Rock

Is everyone else as excited as I am about THP-Branson after a weekend of Outing posts, pics and recaps?!?!?!

~Rock

Definitely! Next official event on the calendar.

We saw the same thing happen last year at the Tour Stops. DSM was full and well attended while the next weekend at STL we had about 12-16 attendees. Those that arent nearby can only travel for so many events.

In sort of the Missouri frame of mind, I will say that one benefit KC has over say, Branson, is that KC has one of the best airports in the country IMO. 3 terminals and multiple security lines make getting in and out of that airport very quick compared to others.

But I can only imagine that the Branson courses are much more scenic than KC. Southern missouri is just very picturesque.

~Rock

I really want to attend this event but I can't commit just yet. I should have a better idea in the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully there will be a spot for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Add one more to your list Jeff.

tappin from my big as note2

Add one more to your list Jeff.

Heck yeah!! Looking forward to seeing you again Bulldog!

You coming in with your knees in the breeze?

Sort of.lol think I'll ship my clubs & ride ol Black Betty down.

Ok tried to find but are any of ya playing fri & sun. ?

Ok tried to find but are any of ya playing fri & sun. ?

I may be playing all three days. I think Jeff and Taylor may have been talking about that as well.

If enough do. I'll leave after work Thursday, I get off @ 2:30 & its only round a 6 hr. ride

If enough do. I'll leave after work Thursday, I get off @ 2:30 & its only round a 6 hr. ride

Now you're making me consider loading my saddle bags and making this a riding trip instead of a driving one.

Back