What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
37/43 80 +8 today @ Eaglewood GC. Had 2 penalty strokes on the same par 5 hole to card an 8. But overall I'm very happy with the way I played. Putted well today, which is very rare for me. :D

Was even through 8 holes with all pars (some scrambles some bad missed birdie putts) and proceed to triple bogey the 9th. Ugh was so close to reaching par for the first time. The life of a "hacker" at it's finest.

FINALLY, after 34 years I broke 80. Shooting 40, 38 finishing with a 15 ft. birdie.
I drove the ball extremely well today and the greens were in great shape today,
and I putted very good today also. Missed 4 birdie putts by 6" or less, or it could
have been even better. Last time I shot below 80 I was 25. LOL. A long road back.
Various injuries along the way have prevented a consistent game. Very happy right now!:banana:

Congrats Golfever. 78 is a strong round. Nice going.
FINALLY, after 34 years I broke 80. Shooting 40, 38 finishing with a 15 ft. birdie.
and I putted very good today also. Missed 4 birdie putts by 6" or less, or it could
have been even better. Last time I shot below 80 I was 25. LOL. A long road back.
Various injuries along the way have prevented a consistent game. Very happy right now!:banana:

Congrats, man. That's awesome. Way to persevere.

Well done...congrats

Had a great round going today till the last 3 holes. Finished with a double on 16, and a bogey on 17 and 18.

38/40 - 78

Fairways - 10/14
Greens - 10/18
Putts - 30

Birdies - 3
Bogeys - 5
Doubles - 2

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I got out for 12 holes after work last night and played them in 48 (+1). This was comfortably the best I have played all year and actually had an idea where the ball was going to go! Made 3 birdies, including a chip in on 1, and had 2 or 3 other good chances. Hoping I can build on this next time out.

Congratulations! What a great round and feeling.

40-36. Hit no fairways. But the course I played is a converted farm field, so very little trouble. I feel as though I should have shot 70... Back nine I hit every GIR and had 7 birdie putts within 20 feet made only 2.

40-36. Hit no fairways. But the course I played is a converted farm field, so very little trouble. I feel as though I should have shot 70... Back nine I hit every GIR and had 7 birdie putts within 20 feet made only 2.

Great score considering the fairways number

Sometimes that fairway stat does not affect your final score. Solid back nine with those gir's!

Played 18 yesterday and started out very poorly. Made the turn and promptly banged out 5 pars in a row. Closed the final 4 holes bogey, par, bogey, double (yuck!). Had just one birdie and burned a couple edges on a few others.

Final tally 41/40=81.

Shot an 89. Was all over the course but the short game and putting was pretty solid. Definitely need to work on the ball striking though.

Squeezed in 9 after work today. Worked with one of our Golftec pros during my lunch break and he gave me ONE takeaway key to focus on. Best ball striking in months. Only one bad shot today, oddly enough on the par 5 I birdied. Flared tee shot right, to which I punched out of the trees and then hit a 5i from 194 yds to 3 feet.

Driver and irons, ball-striking was ever so solid. Missed greens were just off, with two puttable from the fringe, as I was attacking flags after the first two holes. Other two driver misses were just a couple yards off, and played to that side for angles in anyways.

If my putter would have cooperated it could have been special. I had birdie putts from 12-18 ft on the other 4 gir holes that I couldn't drop, and the two chutts were in the 12' range. Super excited!

yraruquh.jpg

been awhile since I posted. I played in Wisconsin last weekend in the cold, rain and wind and it wasn't pretty. I was all bundled up in long sleeves, coat, hat, etc.. and felt like the Michelin Man so that's what I'll blame the poor play on.

I got out this evening after work and played 9 solo and really focused on my takeaway, shoulder turn, tempo, and keeping my eye on the ball. The end result was a +2 after 9. I was happy as heck with that. I still have a push/slice going on but it's not as pronounced as it has been lately. The game is coming back..just needs more focus.

no scores posted from guys at the outing....I know a certain Albatross captain played pretty solid....anyone else?

I made my first ever hole in one yesterday at Harbor Shores (Where the Senior PGA was held last year). The hole was playing 157 into a crossing wind. I hit 8 iron about 8 feet past the hole and it came down the slope and dunked. I ended up carding a 39/34-73.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Carded a 51 last night subbing in Tyno's league. Driver wasn't too bad, seemed to be just right or left of the fairway on each hole, but the short game/putting killed me tonight. It was pitiful. Back to the drawing board and time to revisit the short game this afternoon at the range.

I made my first ever hole in one yesterday at Harbor Shores (Where the Senior PGA was held last year). The hole was playing 157 into a crossing wind. I hit 8 iron about 8 feet past the hole and it came down the slope and dunked. I ended up carding a 39/34-73.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Congrats on the ace!!

46/50 - 96 last night. Front was ok, had a couple holes I just made bad shots on that added up. Back nine got out of hand, three triples with two penalty shots. Greens are getting better after being punched, only 35 putts this week as opposed to last week's 39.

Shot 73 in a tournament. Finished solo third. Got a trophy. Hopefully, it's not the last hardware of the year.

Shot a 80 today. Had so many chances to break 80 but couldn't make a putt. A lot of birdie chances but they were all more than 20 feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back