Status
Not open for further replies.
ajygesuh.jpg

These guys aren't much help putting the new tv stand together!
qabuheja.jpg

a7ejy3um.jpg

He's beautiful RT...our first puppy child was a Aussie mix. Sure do miss that one.

Thank you for the kind words!

Reminds me a lot of our baby Sara. She wasn't with us long, but was an awesome pup.

Sorry to hear that. He will be 2 in August and is the best dog I've ever had. He thinks he is a lap dog though and at 45 lbs he can get heavy, quick!

Thank you for the kind words!

Sorry to hear that. He will be 2 in August and is the best dog I've ever had. He thinks he is a lap dog though and at 45 lbs he can get heavy, quick!
I'm glad our Charlie doesn't think he is a lap dog. At 90 pounds it would suck. Tara at 65-70 pounds is a heavy enough lap dog.

The usual pre-bed routine for the wife and dog

upe7a6av.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Here's my Jimi, a little over a year cancer free

600337_10200556080481983_527328758_n.jpg

Puppers are napping while I'm watching The Players.
yza9azej.jpg

ra3usaqa.jpg

My boys!
u3atu9y7.jpg

946635_10200968588514605_1368251934_n.jpg

Here's my little guy Dyson. Just about 4 months old. Best guess is black lab/Shepard/collie mix. He wakes up around 3:30 every morning!

dejyqegy.jpg

2ute7e9y.jpg

The latest. Trust me, he's soooo much nicer than he looks! :smile:

Clyde the Cane Corso:
clyde.jpg

The latest. Trust me, he's soooo much nicer than he looks! :smile:

Clyde the Cane Corso:
clyde.jpg
He looks ready to wreck some fools if they step on his lawn!!!

My best guy Jakeuploadfromtaptalk1368988007577.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368988020726.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

He looks ready to wreck some fools if they step on his lawn!!!

Lol... well, he is quite territorial. :smile:

He's has the most stable and balanced temperament of any dog I've ever owned. With respect to the breed's dominant nature (Cane Corso) he was extensively socialized. But yeah, even with all that said, an intruder would have a problem!

Lol... well, he is quite territorial. :smile:

He's has the most stable and balanced temperament of any dog I've ever owned. With respect to the breed's dominant nature (Cane Corso) he was extensively socialized. But yeah, even with all that said, an intruder would have a problem!

You might be surprised. One of our tv news crews did a story where they entered peoples homes with the owners not there to see what the dogs did. They went to a dozen homes and only one dog barked. After it barked it went and sat in a corner. The dogs I question were Pit bulls, Dobermans, Rotweillers, German Shepherds and a few others who were not considered watch dogs. I think the one that barked was a Chihuahua. The "mean" dogs just sat and watched or slunk away from the unknown people.

You might be surprised. One of our tv news crews did a story where they entered peoples homes with the owners not there to see what the dogs did. They went to a dozen homes and only one dog barked. After it barked it went and sat in a corner. The dogs I question were Pit bulls, Dobermans, Rotweillers, German Shepherds and a few others who were not considered watch dogs. I think the one that barked was a Chihuahua. The "mean" dogs just sat and watched or slunk away from the unknown people.

I'm well aware, dogs of any particular breed who are stable and socialized will very likely NOT attack a human. Even if their humans are in harms way. Many dog owners make the mistake of assuming their dog will protect them as it doesn't happen nearly as often as one would assume. Dogs can react off the emotions of their "pack," so I'm not surprised at all to learn that they didn't attack when nobody was home.

I'm a retired NYC cop, burglars knew what they were doing. They came armed with dog treats and/or hamburger meat. They'd turn most any seemingly vicious dog into toy-poodles. I've trained my dogs not to take food from anyone but family. Practiced by having a neighbor, whom they were friendly with, throw a steak over the fence. They wouldn't touch it and grew aggravated by it's presence (probably anxious that I'd get mad at them, lol...) I'd have food placed outside before walking them, have someone they just met offer treats. Passed with flying colors after some work. Interestingly, they'll take the food once I say, "it's ok." I've had my wife and kids say the same, even had strangers (to them) say the same, and they wouldn't take it. When I say, "they," I mean my males, the Shepherd and Cane Corso. My Lab? She never bought in, she'll take food from anyone.

I don't assume anything. I'll admit that I got my Cane Corso to be a deterrent. At the time, the kids were getting older and with the wife and I both working, the kids would be home alone for a while. Once my son started working after school, my daughter was on her own for a few hours (13 at the time).

I've always had big dogs, just prefer them. Have three now, including the Shepherd in my avatar. I wanted a big, mean looking dog in the Cane Corso. But the key is, I would raise him to be a mush, socializing him extensively. I'm not into having the toughest dog on the block. I want a balanced, friendly, stable dog who just happens to look the part. A deterrent is all I'd ever expect him to be.

But with Clyde, we hit a home-run. He's proven his willingness to protect "the pack" during two unfortunate incidents, one involving my daughter, one myself. He was particularly energetic in defending my daughter, I'm happy to say. He didn't attack once called off but he sure made a heck of a show displaying his desire to do so. Upon order, he relented, it's all I could ask for. He, umm... deterred. :wink:

Last edited:
I'm working on an album cover for my Dog, he's so hilarious.

ahemyzeb.jpg

It's going to be a collection of his greatest Hits, including "A day in these paws," and "you stole my only bone." Lol

Meow.

asuvavy3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back