Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was all over the course but when I hit the ball today it flew. I played my home course and had a personal best drive on 2 holes today. Unfortunately the other tee shots were terrible but the 2 I did hit well I pured. Both holes I flew my drive over the trees of a the dogleg right into the fairway. If only I could do that every hole :alien:...

Pulled off a phil-esque flop shot to give myself a 6 inch par putt.

The 60* lob wedge is quickly becoming my favorite club.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

an easy 4i hybrid from 189 yds. high fade, landed soft on the green and rolled out to about 8 ft. from the pin. I went on to 2-putt for par

I know this is lame compared to you guys who can actually...you know...play golf. BUT...as I've tried to learn and make changes (had my first lesson this week too...was great), my cycle is that I make a change, and immediately some aspect of my "game" becomes completely unserviceable. Over the last few weeks, that has been iron shots...all of them. Chipping was ok, but apart form that I either dug an irrigation ditch, or fluffed it 40 feet because of a very badly early release. This resulted of course in iron-o-phobia, which just made it worse. Well, as I mentioned I had a lesson, and I have practiced and played every day this week, and today it paid off. So my best shot today was every iron I hit!

I have to admit, I did duff one, attepting to hit about a half-shot with a 7 iron due to a tree in the way. But apart from that I actually, you know...hit the ball! Like...every time! :) In particular I hit a wedge from right at 100 yards that flew high and (gasp) actually had a bit of draw on it...landed about 6 feet behind and 3 feet to the right of the pin, hopped twice, and stopped, leaving me a 7 footer for par, which I made. I still have _far_ to go, but to get past the phobia and hit some shots was a great feeling for sure.

I know this is lame compared to you guys who can actually...you know...play golf. BUT...as I've tried to learn and make changes (had my first lesson this week too...was great), my cycle is that I make a change, and immediately some aspect of my "game" becomes completely unserviceable. Over the last few weeks, that has been iron shots...all of them. Chipping was ok, but apart form that I either dug an irrigation ditch, or fluffed it 40 feet because of a very badly early release. This resulted of course in iron-o-phobia, which just made it worse. Well, as I mentioned I had a lesson, and I have practiced and played every day this week, and today it paid off. So my best shot today was every iron I hit!

I have to admit, I did duff one, attepting to hit about a half-shot with a 7 iron due to a tree in the way. But apart from that I actually, you know...hit the ball! Like...every time! :) In particular I hit a wedge from right at 100 yards that flew high and (gasp) actually had a bit of draw on it...landed about 6 feet behind and 3 feet to the right of the pin, hopped twice, and stopped, leaving me a 7 footer for par, which I made. I still have _far_ to go, but to get past the phobia and hit some shots was a great feeling for sure.

Good playing. Dont worry we were all there at one point. It was put best to me from an old teacher, "Golf like life is a journey, enjoy the entire thing." Just keep on with the lessons and practicing and the changes will come. Focus on chipping putting as those are where you will begin to make up strokes. Your not going to hit every green in regulation, even the pros miss, so you have to be able to chip well and putt.

I had a few decent shots yesterday. Lots of bad ones, but a few decent ones.

Second shot on the par 5 9th, 295 from the pin, 3w off the deck just short right of the green. A good 260+yds, pin was way in the back.
Second shot on the par 4 7th was about 6" short of carrying the bunker protecting the front of the green from 207 out with a 5i. My shot out of that bunker actually made it out of the bunker and ended up about 7ft from the hole. Getting out of that bunker and covering a little distance is a victory for me.
Second shot on the par 5 18th from 237 out, 5w leaked a little right and almost made it up the hill to the green but ended up falling off the slope to the right, pin high.

I hit a sand wedge from 95 yards out to less than a foot. It felt nice to hit a good shot. Too bad it was the 5th shot on a par 4. That hole was an unmitigated disaster even with the good wedge shot.

Chipped in from 45 yards on a short par 4, the first hole of my first round of the year. The usual me kicked in after that shot...

Had a 220 yard drive with a 5 wood and then hit a real easy 9 iron to about 6 feet. Of course, two putted.

20130517_181646.jpg

You can't see my ball, because it's hanging out in the cup eagle style!! two hops, and rolled right in. Awesome.

A few.

170 yard 5-hybrid to 10 feet. Missed the birdie putt.

120 yard 9 iron to 10 feet. Missed the birdie putt, one roll short.

240 yard uphill drive on 18. It was sweet.

2 pretty nice shots in a row: Par 3 running about 240 with a slightly helping right to left wind, ball landed on and released to the back fringe with a back pin location. 15 footer downhill with 2 foot of break to get the birdie. Semi-Tigeresque fist pump ensued

160 yard 7 iron to about 6'. Was a nice high draw over some huge trees to a blind green and my nicest approach ever on that par 4.

142 yard par 3 back into a little wind, hit a beautiful draw with an 8 iron to 3 feet.

30 footer drained for eagle.

#eaglesarefun

The 30ft right to left putt i missed for birdie on 3.
It was perfectly lined up, but just a fraction too fast. Barely climbed up the other side of the cup and stopped 1 ball-width behind the hole.

Putter was hot today :)

Hole 9 yesterday it a short par 5 playing 475. Had 180 coming in and put a nice high 6i to the front left of the green. 3 putted :(

160 yard 7 iron to about 6'. Was a nice high draw over some huge trees to a blind green and my nicest approach ever on that par 4.

Here is a pic I snapped, was a very memorable shot for me!

Although I had an eagle today, it was actually on a poor shot. So, I'm giving this award to the 5-wood I stuck to about 3 feet on a par 3. Made the birdie putt.

Best shot of my round was on number 7 today. After hitting my RBZ tour 13 and just about hitting an ambulance chasing attorney (ATL). Cookie hands me the Cobra 3 wood and say just hit it. Par 4, 3' from the hole. Well I went on to bogey with my original ball. But that was an amazing mid round breakfast ball that was not used.

Five iron to an uphill green, into a hurting wind, that stopped about 20 feet on the correct side of the green.

Tappin' on the Kingphone.

Wasn't many to choose from today but I'll give it to my chip up from 50 yards that hit the pin and sat about 8" from the hole for the tap-in par.

Low spinning SW on par-3 18th to close out the round with birdie.

Tapped from my Transformer

Best shot yesterday was my 3rd shot on uor par 5 13th. I had about 110 yards left, up hill but down wind. I gripped down the shaft a bit and it a full shot with my SW. It started just left of the pin and drifted back onto the flag and finished about 2' about, plugged as the greens were very soft. I then missed the putt as it hopped straight left off the putter :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back