Android Phone Thread

give me a few minutes.

Was playing with a buddy's Verizon S4 today. Streaming HD video, looking at THP on the interwebz, and playing around with the camera for about 10 minutes and noticed that it was getting hot. Like unbearably hot. I didn't realize it was a widespread problem until I looked it up online after feeling it on his. Seems like there had been a ton of complaints about this.

Have you noticed a problem yet? Anybody else noticed anything?

Sent from my outdated Note 2.

Was playing with a buddy's Verizon S4 today. Streaming HD video, looking at THP on the interwebz, and playing around with the camera for about 10 minutes and noticed that it was getting hot. Like unbearably hot. I didn't realize it was a widespread problem until I looked it up online after feeling it on his. Seems like there had been a ton of complaints about this.

Have you noticed a problem yet? Anybody else noticed anything?

Sent from my outdated Note 2.
No different than my S3 or Note 2, really. Havent had any issues with it getting hot.

No different than my S3 or Note 2, really. Havent had any issues with it getting hot.

Hmmmm... Well. Interesting indeed. I wonder if the parts are outsourced to different manufacturers for some of the same parts. Could explain inconsistencies, because I read a lot from both sides of the fence. Tons of people complaining about overheating and tons of people arguing that those people didn't know what they were talking about.

Sent from my outdated Note 2

I bought an aneroid today, ill have it Tuesday

Hmmmm... Well. Interesting indeed. I wonder if the parts are outsourced to different manufacturers for some of the same parts. Could explain inconsistencies, because I read a lot from both sides of the fence. Tons of people complaining about overheating and tons of people arguing that those people didn't know what they were talking about.

No idea. My Note 2 would get quite warm when downloading or streaming, but havent noticed it with the S4. Even when downloading all of my apps the other night, didnt notice any warmness.

No idea. My Note 2 would get quite warm when downloading or streaming, but havent noticed it with the S4. Even when downloading all of my apps the other night, didnt notice any warmness.

I set up my Note again today. Got rid of the root, locked the bootloader back up, and erased all my flashes from the recovery mode flash counter so it looks I never tinkered at all.

All I'm running now is Nova Launcher. Besides the point. Do Android apps load like 20 times faster than iOS apps on Verizon or is it just me? I loaded up 80 something apps in a little under 10 minutes.

Also, I don't think my Note had ever once gotten even mildly warm, much less hot. Strange the different experiences we've had in devices we've used or messed around with.

I set up my Note again today. Got rid of the root, locked the bootloader back up, and erased all my flashes from the recovery mode flash counter so it looks I never tinkered at all.

All I'm running now is Nova Launcher. Besides the point. Do Android apps load like 20 times faster than iOS apps on Verizon or is it just me? I loaded up 80 something apps in a little under 10 minutes.

Also, I don't think my Note had ever once gotten even mildly warm, much less hot. Strange the different experiences we've had in devices we've used or messed around with.

They load faster on Android as they are downloaded simultaneously, on iOS they are one after the other.

My S4 gets hot. Not just the battery like when charging, but earlier the screen was super hot. This could become an issue down the road.

Has anyone heard of the Google S4? Unlocked, none of the Samsung apps in it. Due out June 26.

It may have already been talked about. But I missed it earlier if it was!

Has anyone heard of the Google S4? Unlocked, none of the Samsung apps in it. Due out June 26.

It may have already been talked about. But I missed it earlier if it was!
Yes, it will be running a Nexus rom, basically. Should be awesome.

My S4 gets hot. Not just the battery like when charging, but earlier the screen was super hot. This could become an issue down the road.

Worth sending back for another?

I'd say if his gets as hot as the one I was messing with then it would probably be worth it. It quite literally burns a little bit when you touch your face with it.

I'd say if his gets as hot as the one I was messing with then it would probably be worth it. It quite literally burns a little bit when you touch your face with it.

Yeah I've gotta think its one off issues since there have been reports but not millions of them, definitely will check that out though

Its not out of the realm of possibility. A buddy of mine works for AT&T, so he's who I deal with for phone stuff, so it likely wouldn't be a problem to switch it out.

Yes, it will be running a Nexus rom, basically. Should be awesome.

Yikes at the price. No upgrade price for the google version.

Just found out I can upgrade my phone on June 1st. Could easily jump to the s4. I think I'm going to hold off though. Not really a phone the wife wants to get and we may look one again at switching carriers. Perhaps I'll just wait till the 5s for her and then jump on the s4 or something else at that point.

Just found out I can upgrade my phone on June 1st. Could easily jump to the s4. I think I'm going to hold off though. Not really a phone the wife wants to get and we may look one again at switching carriers. Perhaps I'll just wait till the 5s for her and then jump on the s4 or something else at that point.

Still on sprint? Right?

S4 calling my name. I'm thinking it's time to start using my phone as a phone and to start carrying my iPad around more for note taking purposes. Although I love my S-Pen I'm starting to feel like like War. I could do with less size.

Does anyone know of a free and simple GPS 2-point distance measurement app? All the golf specific apps i looked through only offered shot measurement to buyers.

S4 calling my name. I'm thinking it's time to start using my phone as a phone and to start carrying my iPad around more for note taking purposes. Although I love my S-Pen I'm starting to feel like like War. I could do with less size.

I bought a C Pen for my S3 and downloaded a few different note taking apps. I liked them until I found Google keep.

I use noteshelf on my ipad and like it a lot

I bought a C Pen for my S3 and downloaded a few different note taking apps. I liked them until I found Google keep.

I use noteshelf on my ipad and like it a lot

Yeah. I don't think the S4 is gonna have the real estate for much penmanship. Also I feel bad for my iPad because it's been sitting in the dresser a lot since I got the Note. It'll get a lot of use with the S4 in my pocket and I won't feel like I wasted a grand on a useless silicone slab.

I may wait for it.

HTC is also releasing a vanilla version of their HTC One. I love the metal design, and it's the one thing that gives the edge to the One over the S4 for me.

Back