Diane

Reaction score
I think most people like to brag a little and some like to brag a lot. So here's your opportunity. What do you do better on a golf course than others? Is it your knowledge of the rules and etiquette, your drives, your putting, your pace of play, your golf management skills, your fashion sense, your strategic ability, the way you play your irons or your ability to get people to stop and watch you in awe, amusement or shock?

I'm going to reserve judgement on this one until after tomorrow.

I'm going to reserve judgement on this one until after tomorrow.

Reserve judgement or reserve your own bragging? I'm sure I'll whine more about the rain, but that's the only thing I'll be better at.

I am in pretty good physical shape. A lot of the people are amazed that I walk the extremely hilly course where I am a member.

When it comes to golf, I can find a lost ball better than anyone I have ever met.

I have yet to run into anyone who can swear as creatively as I do. Then again, if they are like me it is done so rather quietly. My better half will keep me in check if necessary. This is done good naturedly not in anger. Other than that I would have to go with fashion sense, at least amoung my crowd.

I have yet to run into anyone who can swear as creatively as I do. Then again, if they are like me it is done so rather quietly. My better half will keep me in check if necessary. This is done good naturedly not in anger. Other than that I would have to go with fashion sense, at least amoung my crowd.

I had a friend that took his own name in vain once (John Damnit). He could also use regular words as swear words somehow. Quite a unique person really. I would love to see him and you in a room together.

i'd like to think I have a good sense of fashion. AS well, some of the gamble rediculous shots I have pulled off have been stunning.

Not bragging though :D

People are amazed at how well I can carry my golf bag without tripping. I can sometimes carry it as far as 10-12 yards before I stumble.

Where I golf, getting to the golf course as a single, walk on, and being paired up with some one who speaks English is worth bragging about. :clapp:

I have a short game handicap (now) of 2.35 which is worth mentioning I suppose. I am not much one for bragging. It's more like quiet, confidence with me. Those occasions when I run into a true low handicapper are very humbling.

As for skills?

Let's see...

I can light a cigarette in any type of wind rarely using more than just one match. :thumb:

Oh, and I'll take on anyone when it comes to putting!

Anyone.

-JP

Self praise is no praise,although i can tie my own laces pretty well. :bananadance:

I'm excellent at cart driving.

No one I play with can drive a cart as well or as intelligently as me. They don't even bother to try and get behind the wheel. I'll get to your ball quickly by the shortest route, head to mine, hit, and pick you up before you've taken more than a few steps. I also always park in the perfect spot to keep things moving.

I am also great at lighting cigarettes. So maybe JPStuff and I have something in common besides our conservative politics.

Kevin

Last edited:
I'm excellent at cart driving.

dustin_hoffman_rain_man1218236383.jpg

JPSuff and Chesnut. If you guys play in NC, I will come caddy for one of you. I think I would really enjoy watching that.

JPSuff and Chesnut. If you guys play in NC, I will come caddy for one of you. I think I would really enjoy watching that.

How are you at reading greens and holding Cubans... cigars that is?

I am a superb ballstriker with my even-numbered irons.

How are you at reading greens and holding Cubans... cigars that is?

I have never read them for anyone else but myself, so probably not that good. If you put a Cuban in my hand and try to take it back, you will get a fight haha.

I am a superb ballstriker with my even-numbered irons.

I suggest moving your hands farther away from your body and wearing a cup.

Great clothes and always supportive of my partners (not counting Hubby).

Putting. Im a pretty good putter. Within 10' I sink my putts 7 out of 10 times and even from 15'-20' I can get the ball within 6" of the hole.
We have at least 4 months out of the year where the courses are closed for the winter, so I spend a fair amount of time practicing my putting on my living room floor.
As much as I dislike the cold winters we have around here, I can thank them for making me a good putter.

Back