Diane

Reaction score
GG's post about her OCD got me thinking about OCD on the course. This may be more about superstition than OCD, but I've met people that have to be wearing only one brand from head-to-toe or can't play unless each club is in it's proper place in their bag. What about you - do you have a bit of OCD when you're golfing - rituals that you can't play unless you do them?

I can't play if my hands feel even a little slippery. Cord grips took care of that though. I can't take a swing till my shirt is sitting properly on my left side, specifically in the shoulder and collar area. I have to have a hat on my head.

Feels weird to me to be golfing without a hat. My golf game is always better when I wear my white shoes.

I can't play unless I'm wearing my white skort. Just can't swing the club properly with out it. :laughing:

I don't need anything special to play. With or without a hat, no special outfit, clubs can be a mess. Doesn't matter to me.

I can't play unless I'm wearing my white skort. Just can't swing the club properly with out it. :laughing:

There are so many things wrong with that. First it's a golf skirt and second white belongs on a tennis court. White shorts are fine for golf, but not white skirts.

I just go with what looks cool and my bag has 14 holders and not having a hat on annoys be I can live with it

My obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) I suppose with golf is that all my irons need to be the same brand, and model. From 2i to LW everything has to be the same, make, model, grip, shaft....... I have two really nice, playable, off brand clubs that won't make into my bag on a steady basis for this reason. Plus they don't help my scoring that much anyways.

Woods are another story. I mix, and match those all the time.

There are so many things wrong with that. First it's a golf skirt and second white belongs on a tennis court. White shorts are fine for golf, but not white skirts.

gulbis2.jpg

2008+LPGA+Qualifying+School+Final+Qualifying+GdW2kWcxuY_l.jpg

Paula_Toe.jpg

Paula-Creamer-2005British_400x600.jpg
spaceball.gif

michelle_wie_nike_1.JPG

I can't read your mind Harry. Did you have a point to make?

To paraphrase a John Lee Hooker song,

"Tan legs, white skort, 'bout to drive me outta my mind."

Kevin

Have to have a white glove and white tees other than that nothing out the ordinary.

But can I wear a white skort after Labor Day? So many questions.

Who care about his point. Did you see Paula in that skort and socks. :drool:

I know I'm a pig. I can't help it.

But can I wear a white skort after Labor Day? So many questions.

Bogey - I find it unlikely that white is your best color.

Harry +1: Knee socks! :blob::banana::blob::banana:

My clubs are divided into three sections: woods, irons, and wedges. Each section has to be from the same manufacturer.

When I arrive to the golf course my clubs are pristine, when I leave the golf course my clubs are pristine. I clean them after each shot using a Groove Tube.

For some reason I am never happy with the tightness/looseness of my belt when I play golf. :confused2:

I have to have my clubs organized exactly the same before, during and after playing. I have the 9 through 3 irons in the bottom divider, the SW, AW and PW the left middle divider, putter in the right middle divider, and the 5W, 3W and driver in the top one. They have to be in that order as I carry or push my clubs around. If any of the shorter irons isn't pushed down all the way and looks longer than a longer iron when in the bag, I need to rearrange that divider immediately.

Nope, no OCD here.

I have a particular way I organize my clubs as well. Mine is not so much OCD as prudent behavior born of losing a club out of my favorite set. I can glance in the bag and see if they are all there since they are all in their proper place.

I think he just did! hehe

And what a good point it was! Well, other than the picture with the socks!

ocd.....you think having the same branded clubs is ocd...do you people even know what ocd is? My friend/co-worker HAS ocd and playing golf with him is quite the trip... let me try and explain. all of the following happened ONE time... His bag fell off of the cart because of a loose strap... (he built a back up strap using a chain so it won't happen again. he played well in the rain (so now he wears 2 rain gloves to play golf no matter what conditions we are playing in. also he played well wearing head phones...(also wears them now with a clothes pin holding the wire on his back...mind you there is NO music coming out of them) he left a club lay once...(now he counts them...everytime) ok so let me help you visualize the playing of one hole.
He gets out of the cart and grabs his driver...counts all clubs touching each one, next he pulls one of the 3 tees tucked in his hat where the strap comes out (one time a tee put a hole in his pocket), then he walks over and tees it up, thank god that one is simple. then he takes exactly 4 practice swings.. then he hits it... now we walk back to the cart, put the driver away and count the clubs again. we drive up to the ball for our second shot....get out count the clubs again, pace off the yardage twice, count the clubs again, pull the club to hit and take 4 practice swings, hit the ball. put the club away, count the clubs, fix the divot and any within 15 yards, proceed to the green. get out, count clubs, grab putter, take 4 practice swings and then putt, pick up the ball put the putter away, count the clubs....etc ad nauseum. all the while wearing 2 rain gloves and headphones that aren't plugged into anything....you wanna talk ocd......please.... me i only try and have 2 balls in my right pocket and one in my left...but not like i need to its just something i do to save time... partner looses ball...toss him one.

ocd.....you think having the same branded clubs is ocd...do you people even know what ocd is?

Yes, of course we do. Can you tell when people are joking?

ocd.....you think having the same branded clubs is ocd...do you people even know what ocd is? My friend/co-worker HAS ocd and playing golf with him is quite the trip... let me try and explain. all of the following happened ONE time... His bag fell off of the cart because of a loose strap... (he built a back up strap using a chain so it won't happen again. he played well in the rain (so now he wears 2 rain gloves to play golf no matter what conditions we are playing in. also he played well wearing head phones...(also wears them now with a clothes pin holding the wire on his back...mind you there is NO music coming out of them) he left a club lay once...(now he counts them...everytime) ok so let me help you visualize the playing of one hole.
He gets out of the cart and grabs his driver...counts all clubs touching each one, next he pulls one of the 3 tees tucked in his hat where the strap comes out (one time a tee put a hole in his pocket), then he walks over and tees it up, thank god that one is simple. then he takes exactly 4 practice swings.. then he hits it... now we walk back to the cart, put the driver away and count the clubs again. we drive up to the ball for our second shot....get out count the clubs again, pace off the yardage twice, count the clubs again, pull the club to hit and take 4 practice swings, hit the ball. put the club away, count the clubs, fix the divot and any within 15 yards, proceed to the green. get out, count clubs, grab putter, take 4 practice swings and then putt, pick up the ball put the putter away, count the clubs....etc ad nauseum. all the while wearing 2 rain gloves and headphones that aren't plugged into anything....you wanna talk ocd......please.... me i only try and have 2 balls in my right pocket and one in my left...but not like i need to its just something i do to save time... partner looses ball...toss him one.

This is funny, you must be a saint to play with this guy. Is he your brother or something? I would have run off in the cart and left him standing there the first time I saw him counting the clubs over and over like that.

I have a particular way I organize my clubs as well. Mine is not so much OCD as prudent behavior born of losing a club out of my favorite set. I can glance in the bag and see if they are all there since they are all in their proper place.

Is that before or after you climb on the hood of the car parked next to you to put your clubs away?

Pjcedog - Just curious - have you been waking up on the wrong side of the bed this week?

Back