If you could have anyones swing...

I'd have to go with Stricker. It's not as flashy or perfect as Scott, Rory and Tiger. It just looks simple and repeatable. I'd love to have a repeatable swing.

First Sam Snead (so smooth and athletic). Second would be Gene Littler (simple and pure).

First Sam Snead (so smooth and athletic). Second would be Gene Littler (simple and pure).

Sam Snead is a good one. I like Hogan's swing myself. More modern I would go with Couples I think.

Ernie Els or Tom Watson for me, thanks! :smile:

Alvaro Quiros

I'd like to think Els but when I used to get to having problems with the swing, I would watch a video of Anika's swing. Simple with good rhythm. Maybe I need to find that video.

Hogan for me on the full swing. Can I have Crenshaw's putting strike though.

Strangely enough my first thought was Couples but then I thought "he has lots of back problems" and I immediately thought Annika - effortless, repeatable, it obviously worked well and to my knowledge it didn't mess up her back!

Strangely enough my first thought was Couples but then I thought "he has lots of back problems" and I immediately thought Annika - effortless, repeatable, it obviously worked well and to my knowledge it didn't mess up her back!

There is nothing to say that his swing caused his back problems. Regardless of how different golf swings are, they are all going to take a toll on the back muscles. I mean for some people, if they are prone to back problems, could have a perfect text book golf swing and still develop back problems.

Freddy, no question

Since I want to shoot a 60 at age 71, I'll take Snead's swing!!

I'm surprised he isn't listed here more. Here's what Palmer, Nicklaus, Trevino, Player, and Watson have to say about Sam Snead's swing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCM6PEWceg

I'm surprised Moe Norman isn't mentioned a lot more.

I would have to say Jim Furyk, simply because anyone with a swing with so many moving parts must have some SERIOUS hand/eye coordination going on.

ernie els for me. so smooth.

I'm surprised Moe Norman isn't mentioned a lot more.

Probably because he was such an odd duck. Someone once said that the only golfers to own their golf swing were Moe Norman and Ben Hogan.

Probably either Luke Donald or Adam Scott. They both are just so fluid with their iron shots, which leads to incredible precision when they are on their games. Adam's has a bit more power than Luke's, and he has much better command off the tee, but Luke's finish with his irons is absolutely identical, every time. So maybe let's say Luke with the shorter clubs, and Adam with the longer ones (not including putter LOL)

I'm with SkiBumGolfer, either one of those swings all day long. Luke, I think has the whole package from tee shots to putting, it just looks so balanced and effortless. He could do with maybe being a little longer with the driver, but he makes up for that with sublime iron play.

I am old school but for his size Gary Player. Then Tom Watson and Freddy Couples.

Payne Stewart or Tiger from 2000

I've One-T'd this thread but I'm gonna jump in and say Robert Rock. Smooth.

Another vote for Ernie Els here. Ernie just has great smooth tempo.

Back