Ping Scottsdale TR Putters - Forum Testing Review

I rolled one of these at the PGA Superstore a couple weeks ago. I must say it's fantastic! Very smooth off the club face, wonderful distance control. If I wasn't set on getting an Anser 5, then I'd be really looking at these.

This testing is now complete. There were some incredible reviews in here, and I thank those that did their share. Thanks to Ping for supplying the Scottsdale TR line of Putters to the forum testers for this review.

Already! I can't thank Ping & THP enough to get in on this. I hope I was able to do enough work with the putter. I talked it over with JB when I knew I was having surgery and had been selected, but he agreed that I should stay on board. I'm just now getting to start playing again, but it was great fun just working around the greens with the this putter. I know mine is staying in the bag for now. It is working well.

31 putts yesterday. Rolled it really well with the Scottsdale TR. I didn't think I'd keep this one in my bag once testing is complete, but it's won me over and I'm loving the results I'm seeing. Thanks again to THP and Ping for an awesome opportunity.

I know the reviews are over but I just wanted to say I putted my all time low of 26 on Saturday with my Shea! Because of my awesome putting day, I shot my lowest of 76!
Thank you THP and Ping again for allowing me to test this beauty!

I know the reviews are over but I just wanted to say I putted my all time low of 26 on Saturday with my Shea! Because of my awesome putting day, I shot my lowest of 76!
Thank you THP and Ping again for allowing me to test this beauty!

Testing may be over, but please continue to update the thread!

26 putts is unreal! Nice work dude!

This testing is now complete. There were some incredible reviews in here, and I thank those that did their share. Thanks to Ping for supplying the Scottsdale TR line of Putters to the forum testers for this review.

Very true, there are some very high quality reviews in here, thank you to all of the testers and to Ping & THP for this great test.

Well done testers! Glad to see some awesome results from this product!

I had a fairly average putting day Saturday having 20 putts through 9 holes. I wasn't particularly happy, nor upset with the putting overall, but know I can do better than that. I then had one of my better putting days yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping stats as it was raining. I did have 4 one putts though which is way good for me including one from about 18 feet that I hit saving a bogie. Was definitely interesting going from how fast the greens were at Reunion to the wet/slow greens of the Pacific NorthWest. Definitely still enjoying this putter and building up the confidence with it.

Got in 18 again with the Piper C. Ended up with 19 putts on the front and 14 on the back. Though that back is a little skewed as I chipped in two holes in a row. haha Overall though, about what I have been doing recently. I had 3 3 putts and several 2 putts that should have been 1 putts. It felt good overall though, just need to keep practicing so I can limit those 3 putts and get more of those first putts in.

Played today and two out of four guys had this putter. Must be good.

Rolled it well this weekend. 32 putts. Made a ton of putts from about 10 feet. The greens I played were a touch slower than what I'm used to so I was coming up a couple of rolls short on most long putts. 0 3-putts is always a good thing, though. Loving this putter.

28 putts on Saturday. Seven 1-Putts. Still rolling incredibly! This putter will be in my bag for a looooooooong time!

28 putts on Saturday. Seven 1-Putts. Still rolling incredibly! This putter will be in my bag for a looooooooong time!

That's awsome!!!

loving my TR anser 2. The finish has held up nicely and I've adjusted to the insert.

You guys talked me into it. I was in Dick's today and saw that the Scottsdales were on sale for $90 (fixed length). So I tried them all and the one that felt the best to me was the Shea, so now I'm the proud owner of one. I'll be taking it out for it's maiden voyage tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Nice Kobey!! You won't regret it, they are great flatsticks.

You guys talked me into it. I was in Dick's today and saw that the Scottsdales were on sale for $90 (fixed length). So I tried them all and the one that felt the best to me was the Shea, so now I'm the proud owner of one. I'll be taking it out for it's maiden voyage tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

That's a great deal! Let us know how it goes!

Got to try it out today. I think I might have a winner here. Even though my putting stroke is still awful, I was getting much closer to the hole with the Scottsdale Shea. It feels a lot smoother than my old putter, and distance control was pretty easy to figure out. I like the simple alignment line. If I had gone to the trouble of lining up my ball, I think I would have made a lot more putts. I was just walking up and hitting it today to see how it worked with a point and shoot approach. Next week I'll get a little more technical and see how it performs when I actually try hard to make them.

13 putts on the front today! 13!!! Doesn't happen often. 30 putts overall. So solid from 10 ft and in.

After doing a little research, I realized that the Scottsdale I bought isn't a TR but the older version. As far as I can tell the only difference is the true roll insert that the newer TR series has. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference anyway. I guess that's why they had them on sale, because they're discontinued.

After doing a little research, I realized that the Scottsdale I bought isn't a TR but the older version. As far as I can tell the only difference is the true roll insert that the newer TR series has. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference anyway. I guess that's why they had them on sale, because they're discontinued.

I started to ask that question. Hope it works well for you!

Another day of under 30 putt day. 28 putts. 7 1putts. Still rolling beautifully.

Another day of under 30 putt day. 28 putts. 7 1putts. Still rolling beautifully.

Under 30, again? Dang! I am very envious of that kind of putting performance. That Shea is working really well for you.

Under 30, again? Dang! I am very envious of that kind of putting performance. That Shea is working really well for you.

Yeah! Didn't start all that great. 17 putts on front but only 11 in the back.
I wasn't chipping all that great either so I had 10+ footers quite a bit on the back nine but they seemed to trickle in.

Back