The Official Tiger Woods Thread

When did he switch to the Covert driver?

I thought he had a red top in hand at the Players'. Or maybe he just hit the 3 and 5 wood so much I started to think he was playing a covert driver.

I thought he had a red top in hand at the Players'. Or maybe he just hit the 3 and 5 wood so much I started to think he was playing a covert driver.

His WITB is on the THP home page.

Will check it out, it appears he is mortal this weekend. Of course his next start will probably result in a win the way his season has gone.

If he doesn't, their golf department is bound to fall off the map.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

If he doesn't, their golf department is bound to fall off the map.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Part of me feels like this is a foregone conclusion.

I disagree, I think Nike is well on their way to becoming one of the more popular brands (atleast where I live and play).

I disagree, I think Nike is well on their way to becoming one of the more popular brands (atleast where I live and play).

I was more referring to Tiger resigning with Nike. I quoted the wrong post.

My mistake. But I agree, Nike makes some of the best gear on the market. I am very biased.

Agreed, I played Nike Forged blades for close to 10 years. I picked up these S59's from a buddy and like them so far, but I think I might be going back to my Nikes.

With or without Tiger (it will be with), they are just fine. Their hard good sales have stunk for a decade and he was the face of the brand, so it wont have an impact outside of his biggest die hard fans that play what he plays. This year they have done a little better, so its getting there and they are not going anywhere.

With or without Tiger (it will be with), they are just fine. Their hard good sales have stunk for a decade and he was the face of the brand, so it wont have an impact outside of his biggest die hard fans that play what he plays. This year they have done a little better, so its getting there and they are not going anywhere.

Even with 2013 being one their strongest catalogue years, Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy can't fix Nike Golf's website. That thing is awful and is defiantly costing them sales.

i would think so too. I can't even imagine who else he'd sign with, though it'd be interesting to find out.

i would think so too. I can't even imagine who else he'd sign with, though it'd be interesting to find out.

MIZUNO!!!

I know it's not gonna happen, but that would be awesome!

I agree. With grain flow forging, Tiger's performance can only go up!

I agree. With grain flow forging, Tiger's performance can only go up!

He used to play the MP-14's back in the day. I can only see good things coming out of transitioning back to your roots! :D

He used to play the MP-14's back in the day. I can only see good things coming out of transitioning back to your roots! :D

Actually I think he played the MP-29's as well.

I guess the dream of Tiger becoming Tiger-ier is dead and gone. Imagine the commercials with Sergio!!!

yes, I'm joking.

I am actually surprised anybody thought any other company would have him? Not as a man or anything, just the salary.
Mizuno? Have you seen their staff?
TaylorMade? Quantity sure, but name a high priced guy.
Titleist? They couldnt pay Rory.
Callaway? Still have Phil on the books.
Srixon and Bridgestone could easily afford him, but no chance in North America with their goals right now.

I am actually surprised anybody thought any other company would have him? Not as a man or anything, just the salary.
Mizuno? Have you seen their staff?
TaylorMade? Quantity sure, but name a high priced guy.
Titleist? They couldnt pay Rory.
Callaway? Still have Phil on the books.
Srixon and Bridgestone could easily afford him, but no chance in North America with their goals right now.

So, knowing all that, Nike should get him at a decent price then.

Back