PUMA PG Clyde Preview

Well - lets see. My son now has the Orange Amp driver & irons, a orange & gray bag I got him for christmas, and he is counting the days for the new cell hybrids / woods. I'd say the odds of him wanting this shoe by golf season is pretty good!

I'm starting to like these more and more. Great-looking shoes.

Well - lets see. My son now has the Orange Amp driver & irons, a orange & gray bag I got him for christmas, and he is counting the days for the new cell hybrids / woods. I'd say the odds of him wanting this shoe by golf season is pretty good!

Either these or some of the other great Puma shoes as well!!

Wearing these today for my round. I have been looking for them in my shoe area for quite some time now and am glad that I found my pair. Really versatile shoes.

Wearing these today for my round. I have been looking for them in my shoe area for quite some time now and am glad that I found my pair. Really versatile shoes.

Very nice, tried these on yesterday and liked the feel

Very nice, tried these on yesterday and liked the feel

Yeah, they are a bit stiff at first compared to some like Del Mars and others, but should wear in nicely. Im not a big fan of having to "break in" shoes for comfort (Im talking to you FootJoy :D) because there are just so many options now that are great right out of the box, but I am a huge Clydes fan and love the look, so its worth a shot. Just a bit rigid, so we will see how the day goes today.

Awesome. I have been interested in the Clydes as well. I still think the Del Mars are the best shoe out there, from out of the box to many rounds later they are still really comfy. I hate breaking in shoes as well so it will be nice to see how they wear the first time out.

Awesome. I have been interested in the Clydes as well. I still think the Del Mars are the best shoe out there, from out of the box to many rounds later they are still really comfy. I hate breaking in shoes as well so it will be nice to see how they wear the first time out.

Im with you. In fact during our round in Myrtle we talked about how well the Del Mars performed. The most comfortable casual shoe out of the box I have ever tried. Looking forward to these today. Will have more on them later.

Im with you. In fact during our round in Myrtle we talked about how well the Del Mars performed. The most comfortable casual shoe out of the box I have ever tried. Looking forward to these today. Will have more on them later.

I remember. It's one of the first casual shoes I have ever worn and am glad I went with them. But looking to get some other styles. These have been tops on the list for awhile.

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts JB. I've been wanting these for a while.

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts JB. I've been wanting these for a while.

Same here, I can't wait to hear more long term use!

i had picked up a pair of these about a month back for half off, but i haven't got the chance to wear them yet.

i love the look, but just keep having issues with them matching the rest of my attire.
they feel comfortable, but i agree with JB that they are definitely a bit stiff, so they'll need worn in for sure.

So the round was a good one for the test because we were stuck waiting and it was a hot day, so we stood around a bit. Comfort kicked in after the range. They are quite comfortable actually and the further we got in the round, the more I liked them. The grass was quite wet yesterday, and I had one case of my foot slipping, but truthfully that would have happened with any casual shoe.

1st thing is that it kept my feet dry. A must for me in the early morning rounds. Second thing is that they truly are deserving of the Clyde name, because the comfort is there. If you liked the way the Clydes felt (as sneakers), the sole seems similar and the fit seems the same.

I love this color scheme!!!
http://www.fairwaystyles.com/puma-golf-shoes-pg-clyde-castlerock-black-aw13.html
185821-08_1.jpg

i was able to get out in these finally awhile back and forgot to update.

comfortable, yes. but still need worn in a bit more.
it's tough, because as much as like a well-worn in shoe, i still want them to look shiny and new. it's a catch 22 most times.

i will say that the laces are true to the Clyde model, in that they're gigantic. fat laces, i call them.
i wish they would sell with two sets, including a thinner set as well.
i think that the thick laces are accounting for a lot of the stiffness.

i will wear them the next time i play or practice and report more.

i was able to get out in these finally awhile back and forgot to update.

comfortable, yes. but still need worn in a bit more.
it's tough, because as much as like a well-worn in shoe, i still want them to look shiny and new. it's a catch 22 most times.

i will say that the laces are true to the Clyde model, in that they're gigantic. fat laces, i call them.
i wish they would sell with two sets, including a thinner set as well.
i think that the thick laces are accounting for a lot of the stiffness.

i will wear them the next time i play or practice and report more.
What about traction while playing?

another update...

if you practice a lot, these are a perfect shoe. wear them from house to range and back and don't worry about a thing.
comfy and casual...perfect for practice.

i wore them today for 18. 7:45am tee time, so the dew was out and course was damp for the majority of the day.

they're waterproof. held up all day, and i walked through some rough today unfortunately...

What about traction while playing?

traction was perfect. no slipping for this guy, BUT...i could see where one could see issues though. there's not much on the bottom in terms of "gripping".

old thread i know and Puma has released so many better shoes in the meantime, two of which i own and rave about.

so....as much as these shoes were "okay" I just couldn't get over the stiffness of them, which made them uncomfortable to wear for an entire round. much of that, as i said in previous posts, i blamed on the oversized laces. and, i just couldn't fit them into my game. lots of times, i just go back to wearing the same pair of shoes. so i rarely wore them.
so i set out the sell them...
well, i thought i sold them. but in doing some home remodeling and moving stuff around, i found a Puma box. and inside it were these shoes. lol.

so, with some spare laces lying around from other pairs of Puma shoes, i took the fat laces out and re-laced them with some more traditional laces. instantly i felt them get more comfortable and wearable with these new laces. and while i still haven't been out since then, i do plan on keeping them and now wearing them more often.
the only other issue with them, is that i have the black ones...so they get extremely hot during the summer. so wearing them most always depends on the weather.

Clydes are so cool. I love the grey ones. Puma really has it going on.

Back