Bettinardi Putter Thread

Just rolled the revamped Betti for about 40 minutes in prep for my tournament today. At beginning I was fighting it and not putting well. Once I relaxed a bit the putts started dropping. Only the practice green mind you but I will take putts falling in the cup anywhere.
What did you do to revamp it?

Regripped the Betti with a SuperStroke Slim 3.0. Don't mind the headcover, I feel like it helps to ward off thieves!
e9yra3y9.jpg

ugejuze4.jpg

I never thought that I would like the bigger grips but the thing just feels amazing. It's the perfect size for my hands.

I cannot get used to a super slim, it just doesn't feel right to me. I'm glad it works for peeps, but just not my cup-o-tea.

I cannot get used to a super slim, it just doesn't feel right to me. I'm glad it works for peeps, but just not my cup-o-tea.

You know, I want to love super stroke grips. I really do. I've tried 3 different ones now, on different putters too and it's just not a match made in heaven. I know I don't like the larger ones, I really thought the 1.0 would do the trick, thought the same about the 2.0.

Gave up on my quest to use something because I liked the concept and company and went with an Iomic and just love that grip.

It came 35". he ordered it 34" but usually plays a putter at 33". Not sure if he cut it down an inch or two, but that is what he revamped.

It came 35". he ordered it 34" but usually plays a putter at 33". Not sure if he cut it down an inch or two, but that is what he revamped.

Yes, that is correct... I had the putter cut down 1.25" to play at 33.75" and I am loving it. In my scramble today I was lagging putts very well and dropping many of the shorter putts. Enjoying what I am seeing so far!!

Took betti out yesterday for another round. THe greens I played were super fast so I figured it would be very good MC practice. My speed was pretty good all day long which I was happy about. It bailed me out on quite a few holes with one putts, I think I had 5 or so on the round.

Fell apart on 17 and 18 with back to back 3 jacks, but one was due to a bad read and the other was just a crappy lag putt.

Cant wait to get back out with it, such a soft feeling putter

Tweaked my putting grip a little this weekend...oh my. I think I had like 2 3 jacks all weekend. Putted way better on lag puts and was solid on the 5 footers I had been missing.....face is super soft and continues to feel amazing at impact. Got quite a few compliments on how great the finish looks on it.

I feel like I really have the Bettinardi QB model 3 dialed in. I was prob 8/10 from 10ft and in today. Also sunk a 30 footer and put another 20 footer about 6 inches away. I really feel like my putting is the strongest part of my game right now.

I rolled my BB54 really well yesterday at the NE Invitational. Even though JB called it a metal detector, even he was impressed when I rolled in about a 15 footer on one of the holes where he was watching. I still need to get a little more consistent at 6 feet and in, but I'm getting more comfortable with the putter with every round that I play.

I feel like I really have the Bettinardi QB model 3 dialed in. I was prob 8/10 from 10ft and in today. Also sunk a 30 footer and put another 20 footer about 6 inches away. I really feel like my putting is the strongest part of my game right now.

I rolled my BB54 really well yesterday at the NE Invitational. Even though JB called it a metal detector, even he was impressed when I rolled in about a 15 footer on one of the holes where he was watching. I still need to get a little more consistent at 6 feet and in, but I'm getting more comfortable with the putter with every round that I play.

Good job team paradise. Glad to see the putters are going well for ya.

Been practicing quite a bit with the Betti the past few weeks. I find this putter so easy to align and I get it started right where I am aiming. Surprisingly that is an issue with me sometimes. I tend to push or pull putts quite often. This putter has been fantastic for me in terms of putting along the intended line. Loving it.

I'm really struggling with my Betti this year but ill get it. It sure is pretty though.

Struggling with distance control? Pulling / pushing? or just all 3?

Im just straight pushing it. By a lot. I was in transition with my putting stroke when I made the decision. But this will push the transition along a little more. In the end I should be putting well!

Struggling with distance control? Pulling / pushing? or just all 3?

Im just straight pushing it. By a lot. I was in transition with my putting stroke when I made the decision. But this will push the transition along a little more. In the end I should be putting well!

That sucks man, keep at it and I'm sure it will click soon.

Played lights out with the Betti today. I feel so confident from 15 ft and in with this thing. No 3 jacks at all today, and I sunk 3-4 that were in the 10-15 ft range. It took an adjustment period but this thing has been money in the bank!

I would love to give the Kuch model a spin around the course!

Played lights out with the Betti today. I feel so confident from 15 ft and in with this thing. No 3 jacks at all today, and I sunk 3-4 that were in the 10-15 ft range. It took an adjustment period but this thing has been money in the bank!
Keep it up brother!

My man! That's awesome!

thank god JB is making fun of Ary's putter now and not mine anymore... i sold mine but i really did like the BB54 and who knows maybe another one will end up back in the collection at some point.

thank god JB is making fun of Ary's putter now and not mine anymore... i sold mine but i really did like the BB54 and who knows maybe another one will end up back in the collection at some point.

Hah. That's hilarious. Just a funny looking putter. I believe he said he's starting to roll it fairly well though.

JB can't be making fun of clubs though. I believe he has said that he would game a shoe on a stick of it would help him shoot better. So why not a metal detector? :D

Last edited:
I am going to have to put in a lot of practice with my Betti before the Morgan Cup. My putter was rolling better than ever, but like Thainer I am also struggling a little bit with the SS. It feels more like an insert putter to me, softer than I am used to. I am leaving most putts short. My line isn't bad, its just the pace I am struggling with. Nothing that a little more practice can't help, but I love the look of this putter and I am excited to get more consistent with it so I can be draining the birdie putts all day long in MB!

I am going to have to put in a lot of practice with my Betti before the Morgan Cup. My putter was rolling better than ever, but like Thainer I am also struggling a little bit with the SS. It feels more like an insert putter to me, softer than I am used to. I am leaving most putts short. My line isn't bad, its just the pace I am struggling with. Nothing that a little more practice can't help, but I love the look of this putter and I am excited to get more consistent with it so I can be draining the birdie putts all day long in MB!

Yeah. The face is REALLY soft. I used mikedean's to try and putt with once and after being used to my SS from last year I left an 8 foot putt about a half foot short.

The thing I like about these putters is you can tell (at least on the QBM3) when you mis-hit on it. I had two putts yesterday where I pushed one to the right and then hit slightly on the toe and it was a distinctly different sound. It's hard to put it into words, but if a perfect sound is a "click" sound, then the misses are like a "clank." It just doesn't sound good and you almost know you are going to miss it right after hearing that sound. I think it's great that it gives you some positive/negative feedback just by the sound. Has anyone else noticed this with their betti's?

Back