Dicks Sporting Goods

jwkde

Reaction score
Handicap
Been like forever since I have been in Dicks (especially now that we have a Golfsmith's). Was visiting family in NJ and stopped in with Brother and brother - in -law. What is with all of the "top flite" equipment now? 1/2 of the putters were top flite and a bunch of other clubs. When did they start making clubs? Is this Dick's store brand now? The indoor range was locked but the sales person was nearby and I asked why it was locked? He said - "well I have the key?" I said OK can we use it to swing some clubs? He said " are you going to buy something or just here to play around"? I told him we won't know if we are going to buy something until we hit some balls with the clubs. He just turned and walked away. Found the store manager and told him - he apologized and said the sales person is not having a good day. I handed the stuff we had picked up to buy to the manager - and said can you hold this? He took it - we walked out of the store!!

Ok.

The Dicks in Green Bay goes above and beyond for me. They are amazing.

And yes. Top Flight is a Dsg store brand.

fairly immature to hand stuff to the manager to put away then you walk out, but yeah Dick's doesn't carry too much big-brand stuff. as for the salesperson, extremely rude and i probably would've fired him for that if he did that more than once.

Just go to Golf Galaxy, Golf Smith, Golf Town, or whatever else you have that is specifically golf, and chances are it'll be a lot better than a general sports store.

I would have accepted the managers apology and hit the clubs.

I've seen a lot of bad stuff about Dick's lately. I don't blame you to be honest.

If there is one thing I hate, it's "Poor Customer Service!" I'm glad they lost a sale from you for there lack of quality service. Some people shouldn't be allowed to work retail at all.
I have had this happen before and it makes you feel almost like your money is worthless, but I take it and go elsewhere! I am not purple nor do I have 10 eyes, so I prefer to be treated with equal service as other customers.

fairly immature to hand stuff to the manager to put away then you walk out, but yeah Dick's doesn't carry too much big-brand stuff. as for the salesperson, extremely rude and i probably would've fired him for that if he did that more than once.

Just go to Golf Galaxy, Golf Smith, Golf Town, or whatever else you have that is specifically golf, and chances are it'll be a lot better than a general sports store.

What big brand stuff don't they carry?

What big brand stuff don't they carry?

the only two brands that either store near me carries is outdated TM stuff and some Cally stuff.

I actually went to two DSG's yesterday and was treated well at both places, but understand that every store is different. Both the stores I was in had about all the main and recent manufactures products. TM, Callaway, Cleveland, Nike and so on. They didn't have the 3 Deep or the black R1, but other than that the selection was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

the only two brands that either store near me carries is outdated TM stuff and some Cally stuff.

The dicks in GB has ping, Titleist, Mizuno, W/S irons and the rest of the big OEMs. I think the market dictates what each store carries.

The dicks in GB has ping, Titleist, Mizuno, W/S irons and the rest of the big OEMs. I think the market dictates what each store carries.

The dicks by me doesn't have anywhere to hit clubs but they have every big OEMs clubs

There really are huge swaths of the country without such stores where the only practical way to get clubs in your hands before purchasing them is Dick's or other general sporting goods stores. The nearest of any of those golf specific stores to me is nearly two hours away, but DSG is here in town and there are several others within an hour.

Never been a fan of Dick's for several reasons when it comes to golf stuff. I'm sure there are bright moments for many there, but never really has been for me. All of the close by have limited stock and mainly older offerings.

fairly immature to hand stuff to the manager to put away then you walk out

I disagree. Some people are visual learners. When the manager doesn't make his numbers for the week he'll remember those items. When it happens again, he'll be reevaluating his managerial skills. Rule #1: don't blame ****** service on an employees personal problems. Rule #2: make sure the customer leaves happy ESPECIALLY ones who have complaints.

Amen. The manager should have done damage control. Offered a discount or something to try to save a customer. Sounds like employee and manager need the boot.

I can never understand why sales people give bad customer service. When there are no customers, who will pay your bills?

I'd email your OP to Dick's with the store location, date and time. Let them know they need to straighten out their game.

I can never understand why sales people give bad customer service. When there are no customers, who will pay your bills?

I'd email your OP to Dick's with the store location, date and time. Let them know they need to straighten out their game.

My guess would be because most people would prefer to make more than eight or nine dollars an hour. I am not saying its a good thing that this person gave bad customer service but I think its expected when you pay people near minimum wage and expect them to be happy and one reason you see high turnover in these jobs. Some people are just miserable as well, that is another answer lol.

You all are my kind of THP'ers :] Both the sales associate and manager need a reality check!

My guess would be because most people would prefer to make more than eight or nine dollars an hour. I am not saying its a good thing that this person gave bad customer service but I think its expected when you pay people near minimum wage and expect them to be happy and one reason you see high turnover in these jobs. Some people are just miserable as well, that is another answer lol.

Lol so they should make good money for a ****** job? Why would any of us go to college then?

I disagree. Some people are visual learners. When the manager doesn't make his numbers for the week he'll remember those items. When it happens again, he'll be reevaluating his managerial skills. Rule #1: don't blame ****** service on an employees personal problems. Rule #2: make sure the customer leaves happy ESPECIALLY ones who have complaints.

doesn't mean he couldn't have put the stuff back himself..

Personally I don't blame him for the way he handled it. If someone comes and makes a complaint you should see to it that they leave happy. Telling someone you have a key and offering them a chance to try and possibly buy an item are totall different.

Furthermore, I don't care how much you make or don't make. You chose to work at a sporting goods store. Take sine pride in what you do. Poor pay isn't an excuse for poor service!

Lol so they should make good money for a ****** job? Why would any of us go to college then?

I am not even sure how to really respond to this with it turning into something major. Expecting wages to go up with the cost of living, goods and services is not unreasonable to ask. Also, I've gone to college and have had a terrible time finding work...even at Dick's.

Back