The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude my old shaft was a bit soft for my swing and i could hardly flex it when i did with my hands.. this shaft i can flex it a buttload.
It may be a flex profile that you dont like or are not used to but I doubt its 'too soft'. It is allegedly a high launch shaft and as such will have a soft section in it (soft mid section I believe). Give it a whirl, if its too soft it shouldnt be too expensive to have it tipped an inch or two.

Golf Galaxy should be renamed DGAF Galaxy. The entire store really sucks. Was looking at buying a black R1 and what do you know. They pull the wrappers off of every freaking club before they put them on the floor and then toss them in a stand bag for people to destroy at will.

So I go to the back to ask the manager if he had any more that haven't been brought out yet. He says no, so I suggest that maybe they shouldn't take the wrappers off of limited edition clubs and throw them haphazardly into a stand up bag because I was going to buy one. However, there is no way that I'm paying for scratched and chipped clubs. He just looks at me and says, "well, you don't have to buy them"... Awesome response, sir! Way to be a good manager!!

It may be a flex profile that you dont like or are not used to but I doubt its 'too soft'. It is allegedly a high launch shaft and as such will have a soft section in it (soft mid section I believe). Give it a whirl, if its too soft it shouldnt be too expensive to have it tipped an inch or two.

well when i hit it twice with the R11 head, it was way too soft/whippy, and i was even swinging as soft as i possibly could b/c i have an injured back.

Golf Galaxy should be renamed DGAF Galaxy. The entire store really sucks. Was looking at buying a black R1 and what do you know. They pull the wrappers off of every freaking club before they put them on the floor and then toss them in a stand bag for people to destroy at will.

So I go to the back to ask the manager if he had any more that haven't been brought out yet. He says no, so I suggest that maybe they shouldn't take the wrappers off of limited edition clubs and throw them haphazardly into a stand up bag because I was going to buy one. However, there is no way that I'm paying for scratched and chipped clubs. He just looks at me and says, "well, you don't have to buy them"... Awesome response, sir! Way to be a good manager!!

they don't throw clubs into a bag at my GG, but i have seen quite a bit of carelessness aswell. unbelievable.

they don't throw clubs into a bag at my GG, but i have seen quite a bit of carelessness aswell. unbelievable.

Just like this dude. These people are retarded.
ydymy4ez.jpg

Just like this dude. These people are retarded.

you might want to lay off of the "retarded" bit, but yeah, i definitely agree that that is an incredibly stupid move to put $400 drivers into a bag where they can be chipped..

well when i hit it twice with the R11 head, it was way too soft/whippy, and i was even swinging as soft as i possibly could b/c i have an injured back.
Nevermind...my mistake. I wasnt aware that you had hit it already and it didnt work. Seems obvious that you have to ditch it and get something else then.

Nevermind...my mistake. I wasnt aware that you had hit it already and it didnt work. Seems obvious that you have to ditch it and get something else then.

my bad, sorry for not clarifying that.

dangit, in such a contradiction right now. my ADDI feels way too soft and I don't want to spend $30-$40 on an R1 tip and installation then end up not liking it because it's too soft. i'm almost tempted to try and sell it (it's brand new) and buy a different one to try..
no i havn't hit it yet but when i just hold it with my hands it's too easy to bend.. hardly, hardly stiffer than my dad's 65g S flex driver shaft (mine is a 75g X)

i'm thinking a Tie.

I don't get it.. So you hit it with your bad back, but you didn't hit it, and you don't want to game it because it flexes too much when you're not hitting it.. But it also flexes too much when you're barely swinging it because of your bad back which is bad?

So much going on I haven't golfed in 2 weeks and had to put off my 3rd lesson for way toooo long.

Finally got my lesson in today and I felt as if I slipped way back because it took me so long to get the 3rd one scheduled!

I planned on playing after getting yard work done nope #EpicFail!

I looked at dozens of putters at GolfTown recently and I always thought that they put out some demo models of the expensive Scotty, Method, Seemore, Ping etc. putters and had the nice wrapped up ones in the back. Nope, the display models that every kid runs around the store with without a care in the world is all they have. To top it off they like to give strange looks if you imply that their used and abused floor demo's are anything but perfect.

I looked at dozens of putters at GolfTown recently and I always thought that they put out some demo models of the expensive Scotty, Method, Seemore, Ping etc. putters and had the nice wrapped up ones in the back. Nope, the display models that every kid runs around the store with without a care in the world is all they have. To top it off they like to give strange looks if you imply that their used and abused floor demo's are anything but perfect.

I'm just seriously appalled that these companies think that we should be more than happy to pay full MSRP for beat up "new" clubs.

A club is a tool, and it's gonna get beat up. But I feel like I should be the one to do it. These aren't pants so we shouldn't have to pay for distressing the finish.

I don't get it.. So you hit it with your bad back, but you didn't hit it, and you don't want to game it because it flexes too much when you're not hitting it.. But it also flexes too much when you're barely swinging it because of your bad back which is bad?

i meant i havn't hit it yet in the R1 head

Second house this weekend I've shown that buyers and myself have run out of picking fleas off of us. What the heck man

Second house this weekend I've shown that buyers and myself have run out of picking fleas off of us. What the heck man

from what?

from what?

Just in the house. This one was vacant. Walked in, started looking around, felt something land on my ankle. Looked down, there were 4 on my left leg. Then the fun began

I'm effing done. This punk kid has been GUNNING his 4 wheeler down our neighborhood street for the past month. He decided to do it again tonight revving it right in front of our house. I took the keys and followed the bastard. I tried to pull next to him and stop him to talk but he stepped on the gas and I ended up flying down our road doing 80+ before he turns into a dead end and goes into the woods to evade me. I am incensed.

I'm effing done. This punk kid has been GUNNING his 4 wheeler down our neighborhood street for the past month. He decided to do it again tonight revving it right in front of our house. I took the keys and followed the bastard. I tried to pull next to him and stop him to talk but he stepped on the gas and I ended up flying down our road doing 80+ before he turns into a dead end and goes into the woods to evade me. I am incensed.
Shoot him with a paintball gun

Shoot him with a paintball gun

Or somehow get a pattern developed and get the tool with driving an unlicensed vehicle on the roadway.

Call Keyshawn Johnson! He will tell you how the following and confronting should be done.

Or somehow get a pattern developed and get the tool with driving an unlicensed vehicle on the roadway.

I'm thinking about that for sure...but this hasn't been the first time I have seen a kid do this, either on a 4 wheeler or a crotch rocket. There are kids and families in this neighborhood that are always out for the summer. It's just ridiculous.

EDIT: And I call him a kid, but looking back on it he looked to be in his late teens at the least, possibly in his early 20s.

My family. Totally ruined what was an awesome weekend.

My family. Totally ruined what was an awesome weekend.

What? Dude, text/call me man if you need to talk. We can exchange obscenities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back